So....how many Rangers Suck/Flyers Swallow chants tonight?

metallidevils

I was at the game tonight...pretty good crowd, about 10 minutes before game time the place was empty..but it filled up. I was in section...220, which was right near the moron dressed in a cow suit and the 2 or 3 other fat drunk guys that insisted on doing the Rangers Suck/Flyers swallow chant literally at least every 10 minutes. I really felt embarrased, because I think it is so ridiculously stupid, and it happens EVERY game. The opposing team's fans must think we are retarded or something, and I wouldnt be surprised if our own players did too. I'm really sick of hearing that, I hate the Flyers and Rangers as much as anyone, but this is too much, save it for games AGAINST those 2 teams.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya.. I thought the chant was funny the first 50 times.. not a fan of it after the 53,700th time. Its a tad dumb. But whatever. If it makes noise.. then I guess its fine. I just choose not to participate. I would appreciate it more at the Ranger game, but eh. I just get more embarassed when someone talks about it like its some new awesome thing.

I know this will sound dumb.. but when the power players do the chant during the third.. i feel like they are stepping on baumans turf. I mean.. I know they work for Devs... but its his thing in the third lol.

I dont go to every game...I def know I dont only go to wins.. but I almost always see him do his thing. Except the times he isnt there.

But ya... I know its old, and I know its not like his chant only, I just think they should do it at another time, so in case he wants to do it... he can still do it in the third.

He gets a better reaction then they do...except the other night when the kid shouted in the microphone. That was the first time I thought the crowd was louder for the power players.

the crowd gets SO LOUD when they put that noisemeter up...especially when they play sandman along with it...in all seriousness they should do that noisemeter between every faceoff, its the only thing that gets the crowd going

AND MORE SEPARATED AT BIRTHS!!!!!

IMO its so awkward and terrible when that guy does the d-e-v-i-l-s thing with the devils girls...everyone seems to hate it, its only good when the original guy does it.

its also funny how even the little kids say the rangers suck chant...was i the only one who wasnt allowed to say 'suck' at 10 years old?

Eh, at least it's some noise in the dump. I happen to agree with both of the things they say so I can't argue with them. I don't even mind them doing it every game. I just wish they'd replace it with "Let's Go Devils" about half the time they do it. My biggest problem with it is it's a complete ripoff of Potvin Sucks. I wish we, as fans, could come up with something orignal.

IMO the rangers rivalry isnt even the same anymore....I mean who's even left? Marty is the only Devil that really really wants to beat the rangers...steven is gone, nieder, daneyko...leetch is gone, messier, richter...it's not even as fun a rivalry anymore (although I do understand that playing across the river means its a guaranteed rivalry regardless) but my point is, its not nearly a big enough rivalry that we have to shout RANGERS SUCK! literally about every 10 minutes.

IMO the rangers rivalry isnt even the same anymore....I mean who's even left? Marty is the only Devil that really really wants to beat the rangers...steven is gone, nieder, daneyko...leetch is gone, messier, richter...it's not even as fun a rivalry anymore (although I do understand that playing across the river means its a guaranteed rivalry regardless) but my point is, its not nearly a big enough rivalry that we have to shout RANGERS SUCK! literally about every 10 minutes.

Well, considering that both teams are playing well as of late (since the lockout) and it appears that we may have some more post season battles with them over the next few years... I wouldn't be so quick to call it over.

I enjoy the Rangers chants, but chant in moderation. Two times a game (one in the second and one in the third) would be fine with me.

Isn't the D E V I L S chant just a mock J E T S JETS JETS JETS chant too? :P

I have to agree that the chant got old a long time a go. Why when they play nashville do we need to hear that. It be better if we just insert the team that we are playing against or just don't do that chant at all with exception to the rangers games. I stopped chanting after the whistle thing and I suggest if you don't like it to just do the same!

But the Rangers DO suck and the Flyers DO swallow....lol

Because I know all......kind of off topic abit but has anyone actually heard Antero Niittymaki speak? I know relatively nothing about him other than about his career,...

Edited by annabelle

the crowd gets SO LOUD when they put that noisemeter up...especially when they play sandman along with it...in all seriousness they should do that noisemeter between every faceoff, its the only thing that gets the crowd going

AND MORE SEPARATED AT BIRTHS!!!!!

IMO its so awkward and terrible when that guy does the d-e-v-i-l-s thing with the devils girls...everyone seems to hate it, its only good when the original guy does it.

its also funny how even the little kids say the rangers suck chant...was i the only one who wasnt allowed to say 'suck' at 10 years old?

I still get flashed a look when I say suck, screwed , hell, crap and damn!! :)

Growing up I heard my parents curse never.... so those words were not accepteable either...

but in more recent years my mom has said sh!t about 10 times a month.... still never heard her or my family say another curse word....and so now i say damn, crap, screwed, suck etc..all the time.. but ya... def not at that age!

Rangers Suck is a Tradition that Devils have done for years, HEY the Rangers still do Potvin sucks!..........I do not get involved in "Flyers Swallow" Espacailly when i here 8 year old girls yell it over and over again, that is not right.

I was at the game tonight...pretty good crowd, about 10 minutes before game time the place was empty..but it filled up. I was in section...220, which was right near the moron dressed in a cow suit and the 2 or 3 other fat drunk guys that insisted on doing the Rangers Suck/Flyers swallow chant literally at least every 10 minutes. I really felt embarrased, because I think it is so ridiculously stupid, and it happens EVERY game. The opposing team's fans must think we are retarded or something, and I wouldnt be surprised if our own players did too. I'm really sick of hearing that, I hate the Flyers and Rangers as much as anyone, but this is too much, save it for games AGAINST those 2 teams.

I definitely agree. It's stupid and idiotic. I'm glad I am not the only one who thinks this is imature.

its part of sports.... like it or not sometimes its fun... when i was at yankee stadium this summer... (thank god i wasnt wearing my sox gear) they were playing BALTIMORE ... and they chanted boston sucks for a good 15 minutes... although we should do the chant every game but say whoever we are playing sucks... like last night it should have been PANTERS SUCK!

good, for a minute I thought this thread was going to completely backfire...but only the first responder really seems to disagree, lol. Unless one of those morons that does it reads the thread, however, not much is going to be done. I think the arena should just play music as loud as possible as soon as they start to do it, even if its during play :)