Happy Holidays, NJDEVS!

dmann422

They make great Christmas gifts, and what better way to say I love you than with the gift of a spatula.

My nephews gave my brother-in-law (a die-hard Bruins fan) a set of grilling utensils, including a spatula with the Bruins logo. So every time we grill at my sister's house, our burgers will have a Bruins logo seered into them lol.

Now my spatula doesn't seem so great...lol

damnnn im voting for your gifts as the best ones received this year! .. usually you just end up with a bunch of crap you dont want

dude. Nice.

I couldn't believe it. It was Christmas/Commissioning gift wrapped into one I guess.

didn't mean to show off.... lol

Hope everyone got some cool Devs stuff- I got a Schneider Stadium Series t-shirt.

It's funny how things change...I'm 43 now, and for the last few years, whenever anyone asks me "What do you want for Christmas?", I can never really think of anything...when I was a kid, I always had a wish list of several things, and when you're a still a child, there's certain gifts that will always be awesome and mind-blowing, like a new videogame system or computer (my parents surprised us with an Atari 2600 back in 1980, when I was 10), a new bicycle, etc.  There was a time when I would've wanted Devils stuff, but the only Devils clothing I really like to wear is jerseys, and I have plenty of them, and no real desire to get more...I don't have any interest in Devils jackets, T-shirts, etc (just not my thing).  I have tons of other Devils stuff, like photos and such (all displayed in my cave), and though I'm always scouring e-bay for something Devils-related, I really don't have room for anything new (almost bought a Parise photo some time ago...glad I didn't!). 

People who know me well always wind up surprising me with things I like a whole lot (my dad got me an awesome train for my bar last year that contains 60-year-old bourbon, and my uncle got me a killer pizza stone for my grill this year) that I wouldn't think to get for myself, and I always appreciate the gifts that are given to me.  But I have to admit, now I have a LOT more fun buying things for other people, especially my daughter...when she comes barrelling down the stairs and starts squealing about how Santa showed up, and then gets all excited as she's opening up presents...THAT'S where the Christmas buzz kicks in for me.  In a way, I'm kind of like the dad in A Christmas Story...he's a relatively simple guy who's not going to receive the "exciting" gifts much anymore (he gets a can of wax and a bowling ball), or have tons of presents waiting for him under the tree, but he gets a much bigger kick out of watching Ralphie's glee as he opens up his Red Ryder BB gun...the gleam in his eye in that scene is the same one I had as I was watching my daughter.     

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

It's funny how things change...I'm 43 now, and for the last few years, whenever anyone asks me "What do you want for Christmas?", I can never really think of anything...when I was a kid, I always had a wish list of several things, and when you're a still a child, there's certain gifts that will always be awesome and mind-blowing, like a new videogame system or computer (my parents surprised us with an Atari 2600 back in 1980, when I was 10), a new bicycle, etc. There was a time when I would've wanted Devils stuff, but the only Devils clothing I really like to wear is jerseys, and I have plenty of them, and no real desire to get more...I don't have any interest in Devils jackets, T-shirts, etc (just not my thing). I have tons of other Devils stuff, like photos and such (all displayed in my cave), and though I'm always scouring e-bay for something Devils-related, I really don't have room for anything new (almost bought a Parise photo some time ago...glad I didn't!).

People who know me well always wind up surprising me with things I like a whole lot (my dad got me an awesome train for my bar last year that contains 60-year-old bourbon, and my uncle got me a killer pizza stone for my grill this year) that I wouldn't think to get for myself, and I always appreciate the gifts that are given to me. But I have to admit, now I have a LOT more fun buying things for other people, especially my daughter...when she comes barrelling down the stairs and starts squealing about how Santa showed up, and then gets all excited as she's opening up presents...THAT'S where the Christmas buzz kicks in for me. In a way, I'm kind of like the dad in A Christmas Story...he's a relatively simple guy who's not going to receive the "exciting" gifts much anymore (he gets a can of wax and a bowling ball), or have tons of presents waiting for him under the tree, but he gets a much bigger kick out of watching Ralphie's glee as he opens up his Red Ryder BB gun...the gleam in his eye in that scene is the same one I had as I was watching my daughter.

I'm with ya CR. I'm 34, and I get much more enjoyment out of giving than receiving now. Seeing my nephews react on Christmas morning (they are 5 and 2) is what Christmas is all about for me now, and one day God willing, my own children. The best gift is being able to spend time with family.

Now my spatula doesn't seem so great...lol

I also got a Devils spatula. I hope my Ranger fan friends enjoy their Devil burgers this summer :giggle:

To jump in on what CR1976 was saying, it really is funny how christmas changes when you get older. I'm 32 now, and watching my young cousins opening presents and seeing my moms reaction to her new kitchen table were the highlights for me. Also, I never thought I'd utter the phrase "oh good, I've been needing socks" in a serious manner hahaha

Edited by Devil Dan 56

I also got a Devils spatula. I hope my Ranger fan friends enjoy their Devil burgers this summer :giggle:

To jump in on what CR1976 was saying, it really is funny how christmas changes when you get older. I'm 32 now, and watching my young cousins opening presents and seeing my moms reaction to her new kitchen table were the highlights for me. Also, I never thought I'd utter the phrase "oh good, I've been needing socks" in a serious manner hahaha

So true DD56, a few years ago my wife got me a new hoodie...and I was actually thrilled...truly! 

When it comes to me and her, we usually buy something for the house (anything from a piece of furniture to a painting), and that winds up being our "gift" to each other...if not that, tickets to a show and dinner and a night or two's stay somewhere.

I think the thing is that once you're drawing a paycheck, you can pretty much buy most things you want when you feel like you want/need it, within reason...there's always going to be things that are going to be out of each individual's price range.  When you're a young kid, you don't have that luxury.  And kids get such a rush out of getting their "dream gift" (if they're so lucky)...ironically, we didn't get my daughter her "dream gift", but she loved the stuff that we DID get her (and my wife and her side of the family went a bit overboard, but at least it wasn't all toys...she now likes jewelry and clothes as well).  She pretty much forgot all about the dream gift (some robotic dog).     

Honestly, my favorite present this year was a bracelet my nephew made for me. The fact that he made it just for me and that it's from him mean more to me than anything. Its been on my wrist since Christmas Eve, and I'll be wearing it everyday.

Just kidding, that's awesome.  It's little gifts like that that really make Christmas (and other holidays) special.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Years to all you Njdev'ers out there.

My incredibly hardworking parents got myself and my girlfriend two tickets to the game against the Penguins. Can't wait.

Happy holidays, Merry Christmas and happy new year to everyone. I may draw the ire of a bunch of y'all, but I wouldn't trade this forum for any other. Some incredible people here, I really enjoy talking devils hockey with you all. Love and blessings to your families.

Even you, LD. Even you. The forum wouldn't be the same without ya.

I am getting so much attention lately. Happy New Year enjoy the game. Does your girlfriend lead you around with a leash?

I got a Stadium Series shirt, and some other stuff, nothing too big. On the flip side, I wrapped up my ST for tonight's game to my little brother, so we're gonna head up to the game tonight. That's better than anything I could have received. Hoping they win for him, it's been a while since he's seen one live.

I am getting so much attention lately. Happy New Year enjoy the game. Does your girlfriend lead you around with a leash?

The other way around. She likes it "ruff".

Get it. Like a dog barking. Ha. Ha.

I NEED AN ADULT

Surprise twist ending:  These two are best friends outside this forum

Edited by Devilsfan118