NFL Divisional Round of the Playoffs......

CRASHER

Boy did last week’s games SUCK or what??? Well Shanahan injury-drama and Joe Theismann like injuries as well (not like he ever told Terrell Davis to go out there and decoy with the migraines and head injury right….once a douche always a douche….), no more byes….no more teams in waiting….let the Elite Eight fight it out as the road to the Super Bowl gets more shorter!!

Saturday January 12:

4:30 pm:

Baltimore at Denver:

We all know how both these teams got here….the Ravens stumbled and bumbled and beat up on a Colts team that really was NOT ready for the playoffs, while the Broncos took a soft schedule and a softer AFC West to being gifted the AFC’s best record…if you think I’m being hard on Denver….the ONLY team they played with a winning record all season…yeup….the Baltimore Ravens….(oh wait, they beat Tampa also, but they’re trash also :P)….the Ray Lewis retirement drama looms here too….The Ravens had better run the hell out of the ball here with not only Ray Rice, but Bernard Pierce had a hundred yards last week too (just showing the overrated-ness of Rutgers alums yet again :D) …Flacco needs play solid like he did last year, and Ed Reed and Ray Lewis better do something too….or Paul Kreuger needs to borrow Freddy’s glove and slash up Peyton Mannings legs…because being well rested, at home, now with a running game and maybe (no probably) the best team Manning’s ever had around him is enough to erase comments and #18s pretty crappy playoff win-loss record…not to mention being the better team as well

It’s 4:20 already, stop babbling and pick a damn winner……

….if the Ravens had a better QB I might almost like there chances here, but they don’t… Peyton has owned the Ravens (9 in a row I believe)….the Broncos are better at QB, WR, defense, special teams….and maybe just as good at running back….it’s gonna take a Manning collapse of Tony Romo proportions for the Ravens to win this one….the Purple Haze plays no more for #52…..

Winner: Broncos

Game Quality: ***

8pm:

Green Bay at San Francisco:

Ahh, the main event of the weekend, the 2nd hottest team in the NFC rumbles into San Fran to avenge a week one loss (well more like ass whipping) from the 49ers who sat at home last week, laughed at Spud Webb trying to dribble a football and a defense saying “hey Peterson ONLY got 100-something yards rushing on us…whooooo!!”

The Packers got here on balance in the passing game, and using screens instead of a running game (in fact no team left is as willing to abandon the run as quick as the Packers are)….a healthy at last defense with Matthews, Raji and Woodson making plays and the NFL’s best QB spreading the ball to a wealth of now-healthy targets….

The 49ers are an old school team…..defense, run the ball, run the ball with the QB….to hell with good QB play we need to get on the mobile QB bandwagon…whoooo, but losing Justin Smith who makes room for EVERYONE on defense with that triceps injury is gonna be a major obstacle for a team that needs its defense like no other…..

So what’s gonna happen here?

The Packers are still rolling, healthy and set at QB….I don’t trust Kapernick (say what you want, Alex Smith WON that New Orleans game last year for them)….the injuries on D don’t help the niners who didn’t wow their way into the playoffs either….while the Packers are just a forward moving freight train….

Winner: Packers

Game Quality: ***

Sunday January 13:

1pm:

Seattle at Altanta:

Alright, I’m geeked up for this one….2 years ago the Falcons were the top seed in the NFC, and waited to host whoever came out of first round of the playoffs….and they got shredded ALIVE by the Packers and just torched in offense, defense and the running game….now two years later…..sitting at home….the hottest team in the NFC walks in…hrrmmmmm

Seattle got here despite going down 14-0 early to the Redskins….and RG III blowing his tire didn’t hurt either, but Seattle dominated the trenches, wore down the Skins and just beat them to not only a submission….but a QB tap-out too…..

Atlanta got here off another outstanding regular season (and beating up on their division), and outside of beating up the Broncos at home 100 years ago (it feels like) and ending the Giants season (thank you <3 )…..the Falcons don’t have any big-time wins this season and a GIANT 400-pound gorilla on their back with a massive PLAYOFF WINS T-Shrt on …..

Oh boy…he’s picking Seattle again…

Yeup…Atlanta doesn’t run the ball well (and using Turner over Rodgers is a mistake now, Rodgers fits their offense better)….and I don’t like the soft Falcon defense against the in-your-face pound you to death offense of Seattle….and I love how the Seattle DBs can take away White and Jones in the best WR/DB matchup in the playoffs…..and I trust Russell Wilson more then Matt Ryan….as I should….but this will be a doozy!!

Winner: Seahawks

Game Quality: ****

4pm:

Houston at New England:

Oh boy, we know they wanted the Pats on Sunday at 4…but this is the worst game of the week, and gee, if Houston had shown up in the last month this game would be in their house….heh….

The Texans got here by beating the Bengals in a game that was horrific to watch….it was almost anti-football like, it wasn’t good defense….it was BAD OFFENSE…oh the pain….I almost missed the NHL watching that abortion on the eyes…*sigh*…crap the Broncos just scored….I gotta move this along…..

New England got here pretty much as they always do….but this year they added a solid running game to at least ease the load on Tom Brady and the receivers (which was a good thing the way the TE’s dropped like flies)….and while this defense isn’t the most wonderful….it kinda fits this team and it cashes in on mistakes the offense makes them make and it is getting better….and it’s not like it’s facing the 2000 Rams here…..

Oh dear God….the Ravens almost fumbled the kick off…..get on with it……

Alright I need to stop laughing at Jacoby Jones choking again and finish this….I don’t trust the Texan offense to play run n gun, they have no weapons outside of Andre Johnson, I don’t trust the Texan defense since the Pats making a living on spreading and picking the bones apart (they did it to them a month ago, and so did Green Bay), and this is Tom Brady at his best….sorry Joe Montana, you’re still the greatest QB ever, but this week Brady passes you on the QB Playoff wins stat….

Winner: Patriots

Game Quality: ** (the worst was last)

Next week I will do the NFL season awards too….I SWEAR….I’ll have all day Saturday after hockey…..really!!!!

Edited by CRASHER

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And someone needs to tell John Fox Tebow's long gone, thirty seconds and two timeouts taking a knee is WAY too conservative.

Flacco 3:16 says Manta just creamed his pants :P

Could you imagine if Peyton got pick 6'ed in those 30 seconds.....

This is an awesome game. I'm cheering for double OT!

No thanks, I've had enough of the Ray Lewis stuff myself. People talk like he's never won a Super Bowl before. He's won one, Peyton's won one. It'd be fine if either won in the twilight of their career, but this has been way overhyped like Ray Bourque (who at least 'never' won before).

John Fox must be trying to extend the game as much as possible, continually running inside on short-yardage with a guy who's not an inside runner.

Edited by NJDevs4978

No thanks, I've had enough of the Ray Lewis stuff myself. People talk like he's never won a Super Bowl. He's won one, Peyton's won one. It'd be fine if either one, but this has been way overhyped like Ray Bourque (who at least 'never' won before).

John Fox must be trying to extend the game as much as possible, continually running inside on short-yardage with a guy who's not an inside runner.

I can't stand Ray Lewis nor do I care for either team at all. I just want it for the novelty of it. :P

I really can't blame a single thing Fox did. Pin a team inside the 20 or so with 1:10 left and no timeouts and needing a TD...well you should win. The coverage..well you saw how awful it is. Especially because the Ravens had 30 seconds left and were inside the 35. You can give them 15-20 yards a play easily.

Now with 30 seconds left at the 20 and Kneeling? I don't know if I can trust Peyton to throw anything deep with the surgeries at his age in the cold. Peyton didn't throw a pass 20 yards all game. They threw safe comeback routes to the side all game it seemed. I don't know if he could have made the throws you need to get there.

Out of all the crazyness today, Mike McCarthy deciding to punt on 4th and 4 at the 50 down 14 with 11 minutes to go has to take the cake. Firstly, you have a fantastic offense. Secondly, the 49ers have scored 38 points in 3 quarters on your defense. You aren't stopping them. Yet they punt. And the 49ers go 95 yards and take about 8 minutes of the clock too. Oh ya, they made up the punt yardage in 4 or 5 plays.

The Packers defense is brutal. We all know that, but it was amazing how they could be so clueless about the basics of option football and facing a running QB or how to even defend a QB that is able to run. Capers will probably be let go within 48 hours.

You have to feel bad for Aaron Rodgers. The guy has no o-line. No run game. No defense. No special teams this year. He has nothing to work with.

Alright this one is too funny....

427689_485300581516635_1697957746_n.png

49ers have to be rooting like mad for Atlanta today....the only team left that seems capable of stopping what Frisco is doing is Seattle (and damn I would love a Round III in that battle next week......)

I admit I'm amazed Kapernick stepped up last night.....

It just goes to show...be delusional long enough and now and then you'll get it right if for no other reason then the laws of probability.....

Being a very competitive team, year after year, and being so close to the Superbowl last year isn't delusion. It is a heighten yet realistic expectation.

Maybe one of these years CRASHER will finally realize the Packers' D sucks :lol:

As well as Denver's defense. Real easy to pick-up great stats on the chump teams and chump QB's found in the AFC West.

Meanwhile Seattle proving their fraud status in Atlanta as I type.

As well as Denver's defense. Real easy to pick-up great stats on the chump teams and chump QB's found in the AFC West.

Meanwhile Seattle proving their fraud status in Atlanta as I type.

Wasn't Denver #2 in Defense in the NFL?

Also, when I shut the game off the Seattle fraud was down 19-0, it looks like they are taking it to the Atlanta "powerhouse" in the second half.

lol another 13-3 Atlanta season goes down the drain, and with a spectacular home choke no less. Reminds me of the Devils in the late '90's :P

EDIT: Nevermind, can't believe Atlanta pulled that one out. Second day in a row bad prevent defense proving costly, although this wasn't quite as egregious as yesterday.

Edited by NJDevs4978