2013-14 OOT Thread

Daniel

Boomer loves Torts.  Basically blames Vigneault for everything (including Luongo having issues in Vancouver). 

Anyone see the JVR shootout goal against PHX?  I really dislike Mike Smith.  I get doing whatever is necessary to get the win, but I feel like his "sliding out of the net, then exposing the puck" was very bush league.  I would have awarded a goal on that premise alone.

Anyone see the JVR shootout goal against PHX?  I really dislike Mike Smith.  I get doing whatever is necessary to get the win, but I feel like his "sliding out of the net, then exposing the puck" was very bush league.  I would have awarded a goal on that premise alone.

do you have a link to a video of this?

I told you all id laugh and I'm laughing here right now. My girlfriend like wtf are you laughing at? And I'm like: I'm laughing the rangers!

Bwahahaha king my ass!

He's given up 25 goals in 8 games since signing his mega-deal.  Three or more in each of his last seven.  He'll likely bounce back, but that doesn't mean it isn't funny now.

He's given up 25 goals in 8 games since signing his mega-deal.  Three or more in each of his last seven.  He'll likely bounce back, but that doesn't mean it isn't funny now.

Maybe shaving some length off those pads really did make a difference either in his physical game or mental part of it. Or, it just could be his defensemen aren't going face first or laying on the ice prone blocking shots and he's facing higher quality shots and chances in turn.

If he feels like he has it trapped under him on the line or just barely over it, of course he's going to slide out first. Why stand straight up and expose it or even possibly knock it in by accident?

So, I'm a little late here, but I went to the Flyers-Columbus game on Thursday (boss gave me tickets on the glass, closest I've been to the ice in years).  I hate that place and their fans, but that arena can seriously get LOUD.  I don't think I've ever heard the Rock that loud for a regular season game..maybe during Rangers games but yeah, that place was rocking.  The massive comeback helped, of course.  Was a good time.

It didn't take me long to remember why I hate that city and its fans though..poor guy in a Blue Jackets jersey had beer thrown all over him at one point in the 3rd period.  He had his kids there too, and some piece of trash behind him was going after him all night.  When the guy didn't get a reaction, the next step was to pour a beer on him, of course.  Security took FOREVER to get down there too..could have been interesting if the Jackets fan didn't have his kids there.

I rocked a Devils t-shirt (because I hate fans that wear jerseys of teams that aren't playing) and got a little bit harassed..but having the girlfriend there in Flyers gear helped keep me safe I think :lol:

Fun time, overall.  But yeah, Philadelphia fans are trash..

Edited by Devilsfan118

I think the Rock would feel louder if they turned down the music.  The problem is they play the music and goal horn so loud you can't hear the crowd reaction after a goal.

exactly they dont want anyone yelling you suck... not like they have stopped anyone at all its still loud and clear especially over the tv