GDT 2/3/13: NJ Devils @ NY Islanders 3PM

NJDEVS1730

Devils got their weekend split, which is what I was hoping for.

Wonder if Hedberg is playing himself into a little more playing time here, though it's probably still a little early to ponder such things.

Clearly the Devils are going to struggle to score a lot of nights, but I'm not expecting Lou to do much about it anytime soon, especially as long as the team has a good record overall. And the Devils really haven't gotten much from Kovy yet (6.9% shooting%), so I would expect Lou will likely wait until Kovy gets hot before getting as concerned about the lack of scoring as the fanbase is.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Devils got their weekend split, which is what I was hoping for.

Wonder if Hedberg is playing himself into a little more playing time here, though it's probably still a little early to ponder such things.

Clearly the Devils are going to struggle to score a lot of nights, but I'm not expecting Lou to do much about it anytime soon, especially as long as the team has a good record overall. And the Devils really haven't gotten much from Kovy yet (6.9% shooting%), so I would expect Lou will likely wait until Kovy gets hot before getting as concerned about the lack of scoring as the fanbase is.

Not to take anything away from Moose, but the team effort from Saturday to Sunday were night and day. He did make several outstanding saves though

That was such a beauty of a save by Moose on that Grabner breakaway.

I'm really hoping Lou can get his act together and fill out a third line. CBGB has been coming through for us and would be even better in a fourth line role rather than a third. Sign Darche and trade for a Zubrus/Poni type winger for that third line and have JJ play the pivot.

It pains me that neither Volch or Sal have been sat yet. Easily worse than how Tally has been playing so far.

Not to take anything away from Moose, but the team effort from Saturday to Sunday were night and day. He did make several outstanding saves though

Agreed, not a slight on Marty at all, more of a "Moose has two nice games under his belt, maybe we'll play him a little more than planned," possibility.

Saw a lot of the game but wasn't able to watch close - did check the box score afterwards and saw that Bryce Salvador played 3 more minutes than anyone else. Always good to have your worst D play the most minutes while Henrik Tallinder is a healthy scratch.

Salvador got absolutely abused by Tavares, a quick inside head fake and goodbye. Meanwhile, Larsson once again had no problems with Grabners speed, he gets his long arm in there and bodies him wide.

Salvador got absolutely abused by Tavares, a quick inside head fake and goodbye. Meanwhile, Larsson once again had no problems with Grabners speed, he gets his long arm in there and bodies him wide.

larsson (who was bench to start the season) is our best D man other like Fayne are doing a good job and other like salvador and volchenkov have just been terrible this season.

Im optimist about Bobby Butler. I would like him to have top 6 min to see what he's got

Edited by caron14

Anybody else get annoyed with Cangi saying "SAVE by Moose Hedberg". Sounds unprofessional and just plain weird.

Really? In our broadcast, Steve is your complaint? Here is one of the most insane goal explanations i can remember, brought to you by none other than, Glen Chico Resch

Not the worst one I have heard this year from Chico.

It was my favorite. Another this year from Chico I loved was his comments on the Islanders line change and his trying to handle race and nationality vs. Montreal. The paradox about Chico is that he has good insights, but shares them in the most nervous,incoherent and senile manner possible. Sometimes it feels like they just brought a fan on to talk.

Dude, somebody put the puck right through Adam's skates and walked right on by him. He has a LONG way to go. However, playing at the highest level will develop him, I just don't know what the cost may be.

Dude, somebody put the puck right through Adam's skates and walked right on by him. He has a LONG way to go. However, playing at the highest level will develop him, I just don't know what the cost may be.

That was a brutal play, he stuck of his hip to try and hipcheck the guy and didn't even get a piece of him. Horrid plays by Larsson are sometimes just forgiven though, it's a function of people wanting him to be great already. I still think he's the 7th best defenseman on the team(which doesn't make him bad).

Also, no goal on the play makes it easy to overlook or forget, another reason why it can be hard to accurately judge a performance, even though we all watched it. A kind of bad play leading to a goal influences our opinion much more heavily than a horrific play that leads to no goal.

Edited by Devils731

Whatever Larsson did, it can't be as bad as giving Grabner that SH breakaway. Wonder how many times it's gonna take before Kovy notices who #40 is, and not to put the puck near him.

We've got to be on double digits at this point. Luckily the guy can't finish worth a damn.

Whatever Larsson did, it can't be as bad as giving Grabner that SH breakaway. Wonder how many times it's gonna take before Kovy notices who #40 is, and not to put the puck near him.

We've got to be on double digits at this point. Luckily the guy can't finish worth a damn.

The man would have 82 goals a year if he scored on every one. Its insane the amount of breakaways he gets.

stupid play by him, but that wasnt the point. I was majorly concernrd with him 1 vs 1 on the rush against NHL speedsters. he's done ok in that aspect. they dont come much faster than grabner and he's held his own, thats a fact.

The man would have 82 goals a year if he scored on every one. Its insane the amount of breakaways he gets.

Tom Chorske was like that. Fleet feet and hands of stone.