Crazy Goal Scored from NJ High School Student

grcenter47

I know this is a year old and wasn't sure if this was ever mentioned on this site. This kid plays high school hockey at my old high school in NJ (Edison High School)and I thought it was just an awesome goal that he shot inspired by playing lacrosse. Someone put the shot on YouTube and the kid got famous with calls from News 12, Yahoo, ESPN, and even got to meet Jeremy Roenick on Versus. Here are two videos below...

bet if more people try it, there'll be a rule against it. It's cool, just he's technically guilty of playing the puck with a high stick cause he goes over hand with it and the stick comes up above his shoulders, and then somehow uses the stick to "throw" it lacrosse style. I'd be more afraid (at the pro level where they don't use facemasks) of getting smacked in the face with the puck if his aim is off. That'd have to cause injury.

Hes getting so much credit for scoring it but the goalie was only playing net for a few months. He's a good friend of mine and he was a forward when I was playing . And the D should've stepped up if you watch the video that someone made at the game you can pause it and see the defencemens stick is like 2 inches from the puck and a little poke would've stopped the whole thing lol

I played against the kid for years in high school. It was a sick shot but he never scored goals on good teams. The goalie he scored that goal on played hockey for like 2 years at that point. Really nice kid though and a great player

Edited by Prucenterrules

Wasn't the game a blowout at this point? I'm surprised nobody from Colonia kicked his ass after that. Also I seriously can not believe how popular he got for this. I know so many people that can do this, especially against a team like Colonia (no offense). This stuff just isn't that impressive, it just takes a little bit of practice.

I'm surprised nobody from Colonia kicked his ass after that.

Huh? Why would they?

Sick goal, but not likely to catch on as it will be impossible to do with anyone trying to defend it at a high level. All though, we may see more lacrosse style plays in the future.. Like Granlunds goal for Finland against Russia in the world cup.

bet if more people try it, there'll be a rule against it. It's cool, just he's technically guilty of playing the puck with a high stick cause he goes over hand with it and the stick comes up above his shoulders, and then somehow uses the stick to "throw" it lacrosse style. I'd be more afraid (at the pro level where they don't use facemasks) of getting smacked in the face with the puck if his aim is off. That'd have to cause injury.

Just to clarify, high sticking is no longer about your shoulder, it's now about the crossbar height. So to be guilty of high sticking on a goal like this the puck itself would need to be higher than the crossbar, since it's all about the point of contact between the stick on the puck for waiving a goal off.