2012 Miami Dolphins Thread

Hi, I'm VALUE!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to Ross, he hasn't made personnel decisions, much less draft decisions, so far as I know.

. No he hasn't. That's all Jeff Ireland. Ross has also gotten rid of the orange carpet and stopped with the stupid Fins Up sh!t. He's actually listened to the fans. Credit must be given where it's due.

No, I know its Ireland, but it's all about Fisher having more control over picks, Ireland would be calling the shots in Miami.

I just used the Vince Young example, because that was the last straw for Fisher in Tennessee.

. Yeah, that's what it came down to. Fisher wanted final say, and Ross didn't want to take final say away from Ireland. Fisher claimed that he really liked and respected Ireland after all the interviews (even said he would bring him to St. Louis if he could- who knows if he actually meant any of it, but why go out of your way to even bother saying these things when you have no reason to really, unless they're true) but ultimately, he wanted to pick the players himself wherever he was. St. Louis gave him that opportunity, the Dolphins didn't.

The Dolphins have been one of my favourite gambling teams over the last 10-12 weeks dating back to last year. I haven't seen that much of Tannehill this year, and he might be a real keeper moving forward, but this was a solid team last year after their brutal start but this team finished last year 6-3 down the stretch. Those 3 losses included a very tough (but very close) loss to Dallas on Thanksgiving, where they probably win that game 9/10, and a 3 point loss at New England.

The thing was, Matt Moore was really damn impressive over those 9 weeks with a 15/5 TD/INT ratio. Sparano had those guys playing damn hard at the end. So I don't know if this team has changed much with the new coach and QB, but it seems like a similar team playing close games and losing a few they probably should have won. So far Tennehill has a 2/6 ratio through 5 games, and maybe a few mistakes cost them some games. Not saying Moore would have reproduced what he did last year, but you could make a case that this team could be even better with Moore at QB. Maybe not. I'll leave that up to the guys that watch every snap here.

Edited by devilsrule33

It will be an interesting battle with St Louis as both teams seem to be on the verge of moving up in the rankings.

I am a believer in the Rams right now, just based on their coaching.

. Yeah, plus they lost Gregg Williams and the defense has played well anyway. The Rams have been impressive. We'll have our work cut out for us. Also, 2 great Dolphins get inducted into the Ring of Honor at halftime- Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor. A well-deserved honor for 2 of the best defensive players in team history. I hope we can get a win for those guys.

Ah, what a HUGE win Sunday. This was the first time Ryan Tannehill was asked to win a game basically by himself on offense, and he came through, as the running game went for a total of 19- you read right- 19 rushing yards. Tannehill once again showed improvement- 21-29, 185, 2 TD's. No picks for the second week in a row. The kid just continues to get better every week, and it is just fantastic to watch. Oh and Joe Philbin- BALLS OF STEEL. That fake punt late in the 4th allowed us to hang on to the ball an extra almost 3 minutes!! Instead of giving the ball back to St. Louis with over 4 minutes left, we gave it back to them with a minute and a half left. THAT, my friends, is coaching, and some solid coaching at that. I'm pumped. We appear to have found a QB and a coach. Finally. There's still a lot of room for improvement in certain areas (which I'll address another time), but this win was sweet and I'm just gonna enjoy it for the next 2 weeks. Rather large game up here against the Jets after the bye. Hey Bart- CAN'T WAIT.

Ah, what a HUGE win Sunday. This was the first time Ryan Tannehill was asked to win a game basically by himself on offense, and he came through, as the running game went for a total of 19- you read right- 19 rushing yards. Tannehill once again showed improvement- 21-29, 185, 2 TD's. No picks for the second week in a row. The kid just continues to get better every week, and it is just fantastic to watch. Oh and Joe Philbin- BALLS OF STEEL. That fake punt late in the 4th allowed us to hang on to the ball an extra almost 3 minutes!! Instead of giving the ball back to St. Louis with over 4 minutes left, we gave it back to them with a minute and a half left. THAT, my friends, is coaching, and some solid coaching at that. I'm pumped. We appear to have found a QB and a coach. Finally. There's still a lot of room for improvement in certain areas (which I'll address another time), but this win was sweet and I'm just gonna enjoy it for the next 2 weeks. Rather large game up here against the Jets after the bye. Hey Bart- CAN'T WAIT.

To be a bit of a negative nancy, I didn't love that St. Louis was able to pile on the yards. However, it's the points that count. Phins are blessed with an easy schedule for the rest of the year. 10-6 is definitely within reach, especially if Tannehill continues to approve.

To be a bit of a negative nancy, I didn't love that St. Louis was able to pile on the yards. However, it's the points that count. Phins are blessed with an easy schedule for the rest of the year. 10-6 is definitely within reach, especially if Tannehill continues to approve.

. I agree, BUT the defense has been very solid pretty much all year, especially the run defense. I know the Rams had something like 462 total yards, but I'm willing to give the defense a pass given their solid play most of the year. They've done a good job of bending, but not breaking, tightening up in the red zone and forcing FG's. Despite how they moved the ball, St. Louis still only had 1 TD to show for it.

I admit laughing when I saw the fake punt highlight. Philbin took notes when Tebow did that to him lol. The Tebow punt play is catching on.
. I know I speak for all Dolphins fans when I say this: it's so refreshing for us to have a coach who has the balls to make that kind of call late in a game. I'm so used to the play not to lose philosophies employed by losers like Wannschmuck and Sparano that I nearly fainted when we ran that fake. Even if it didn't work, I would've been okay with it because it's nice to know we have a coach who plays to win and isn't afraid to make a high risk/high reward call like that. Edited by MadDog2020

To be a bit of a negative nancy, I didn't love that St. Louis was able to pile on the yards.

The Rams finally have an offensive coordinator that know how to get them most out of a limited bunch. Don't discount the Rams moving forward. Schottenheimer made Sanchez look like a great QB when it counted. Bradford is going to be a great QB in a few years.

The Rams finally have an offensive coordinator that know how to get them most out of a limited bunch. Don't discount the Rams moving forward. Schottenheimer made Sanchez look like a great QB when it counted. Bradford is going to be a great QB in a few years.

Maybe. But, at least to this point of the season, the Rams' offense has been fairly anemic.