2012 Miami Dolphins Thread

Hi, I'm VALUE!

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tannehill has to be the worst QB of the 2012 draft. Of all the young QBs in the league only Gabbert and Lindley (if you want to include him) are worse.

Absolutely zero big play ability.

. This is the dumbest thing I've read on here in a long time. I told you- he's gonna have ups and downs. He has NO ONE to throw to. NO ONE to make plays for him. He's on a sh!tty team- the other 3 rookie QB's have TALENT to support them. Tannehill's stats are NOT what tells the story about his future. He's shown he can play in this league. If you can't see that, maybe it's time for a refresher on proper and fair QB evaluation.

Brandon Marshall would not make a difference. Maybe Reggie Bush is no good this year because defenses have no respect for Tannehill.

. Alright, I take it back. THIS is the dumbest thing I've read on here in a long time. No offense bro, but you really sound stupid with sh!t like this. You obviously are pissed that Tannehill isn't RG3 or Luck or Wilson, so he must just suck, draft another QB. It's stupidity like this that drives me nuts. Once again, you can tell me I was right next season. And if I'm wrong, I'll be the first one to stand up and admit it. I'm not worried about it though, because I'm not wrong.
You can have Cam Cameron back if you want...
. Lmao. Looks like Cam failed forward fast.

Better than Tannehill: Nick Foles, Russell Wilson, Brandon Weedon.

Tannehill has thrown 8 friggin TD passes all season. I don't care if he's a rookie. That time where qbs were given forever to develop are over.

Bad receivers? Not much worse than Seattles or Cleveland. Plus he has a good o-line.

I see nothing to be excited about with this guy. If we're lucky he'll end up being as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Better than Tannehill: Nick Foles, Russell Wilson, Brandon Weedon.

Tannehill has thrown 8 friggin TD passes all season. I don't care if he's a rookie. That time where qbs were given forever to develop are over.

Bad receivers? Not much worse than Seattles or Cleveland. Plus he has a good o-line.

I see nothing to be excited about with this guy. If we're lucky he'll end up being as good as Ryan Fitzpatrick.

. Nick Foles eh? It's funny you mentioned Foles' name after a good game of his, the only one mind you. Now you're just blindly hating for hating's sake. I'm done with this discussion. Once again, I look forward to you telling me how right I was next season when Tannehill has some actual first rate offensive football players to deal with. You sound like the angry idiot who calls sports talk radio.

. Nick Foles eh? It's funny you mentioned Foles' name after a good game of his, the only one mind you. Now you're just blindly hating for hating's sake. I'm done with this discussion. Once again, I look forward to you telling me how right I was next season when Tannehill has some actual first rate offensive football players to deal with. You sound like the angry idiot who calls sports talk radio.

I rarely, if ever, fly off the handle by judging rookies early on. I give a rookie QB a lot more slack if he's spending most of the time running for his life, like it did with Alex Smith and David Carr.

The offense around Tannehill isn't great, but it isn't bad either, and certainly not bad enough that he should have 8 TD passes after twelve games, or that he should be regressing. He also gets above-average pass protection. Sanchez has it A LOT worse than Tannehill so far as supporting cast, not to mention an offensive coordinator whose act is as tired as a Foghat concert.

That said, I'm not irate about the pick itself. It was worth the gamble, especially since there isn't a franchise QB coming out of college anytime soon. And even if there were, they don't have that much invested in him that IF a franchise QB suddenly became available that they would be forced to stick with Tannehill, in contrast to the Rams who were stuck with Bradford and had to pass up on RGIII.

I just don't see anything he does particularly well. And it isn't like he hasn't had the opportunities to at least show something. If you switched the uniforms and saw Tannehill playing for any other team, you probably would not be all that impressed.

I rarely, if ever, fly off the handle by judging rookies early on. I give a rookie QB a lot more slack if he's spending most of the time running for his life, like it did with Alex Smith and David Carr.

The offense around Tannehill isn't great, but it isn't bad either, and certainly not bad enough that he should have 8 TD passes after twelve games, or that he should be regressing. He also gets above-average pass protection. Sanchez has it A LOT worse than Tannehill so far as supporting cast, not to mention an offensive coordinator whose act is as tired as a Foghat concert.

That said, I'm not irate about the pick itself. It was worth the gamble, especially since there isn't a franchise QB coming out of college anytime soon. And even if there were, they don't have that much invested in him that IF a franchise QB suddenly became available that they would be forced to stick with Tannehill, in contrast to the Rams who were stuck with Bradford and had to pass up on RGIII.

I just don't see anything he does particularly well. And it isn't like he hasn't had the opportunities to at least show something. If you switched the uniforms and saw Tannehill playing for any other team, you probably would not be all that impressed.

. Listen, the offsense isn't bad- it's terrible. For one thing, we run a zone blocking scheme with a guard (Incognito) and a left tackle (Long) who are straight on man maulers in pass pro. Protection has been less than adequate this season over the course of the season. Some good, but mostly bad. Martin did a servicable job Sunday, and will be the left tackle going forward with any hope (Long blows, goodbye). 2.- Tannehill doesn't do anything well- lmfao. Let's start with how well he fires strikes from outside the pocket- he's very dangerous on rollouts, and I don't think the Fins utilize that enough. Very accurate outside the pocket. Very mobile and athletic as well, can pick up 1sts with his legs. Doesn't make bad decisions by throwing into coverage consistently (meaning he sees the field well, a key for evaluating whether a QB is worth a sh!t- Henne, for example, can't read coverages in the NFL, which is why he sucks balls). Every QB makes dumb throws, it's limiting them that's key. The last dumb throw Tannehill made was in the Buffalo game (don't give me the Seattle pick in the end zone that didn't count either, he more than redeemed himself in that game and hasn't made the same mistake since). Tannehill didn't turn the ball over against the best defense in the league on the road- that counts for something, and if you think it doesn't, you're not paying enough attention. This guy has 2 WR's who are a 3's on most other teams at almost 1,000 yards each. He led an impressive comeback against a very good defense to win a game not a month ago. He's shown he can play, and he'll get better. He has an incredible upside. He needs to work on climbing the pocket and using his feet better- very improvable skills with time, practice, and experience. Get him some WR's who can GET SEPERATION and you'll see a big difference. Tannehill is forced to make a PERFECT throw every time because he has no speed at WR. Well, I got news bro- NO QB MAKES PERFECT THROWS EVERY TIME! You need receivers to be, oh I don't know- OPEN to actually succeed at QB with consistency in the NFL. That enough for ya, or you want more?

. Listen, the offsense isn't bad- it's terrible. For one thing, we run a zone blocking scheme with a guard (Incognito) and a left tackle (Long) who are straight on man maulers in pass pro. Protection has been less than adequate this season over the course of the season. Some good, but mostly bad. Martin did a servicable job Sunday, and will be the left tackle going forward with any hope (Long blows, goodbye). 2.- Tannehill doesn't do anything well- lmfao. Let's start with how well he fires strikes from outside the pocket- he's very dangerous on rollouts, and I don't think the Fins utilize that enough. Very accurate outside the pocket. Very mobile and athletic as well, can pick up 1sts with his legs. Doesn't make bad decisions by throwing into coverage consistently (meaning he sees the field well, a key for evaluating whether a QB is worth a sh!t- Henne, for example, can't read coverages in the NFL, which is why he sucks balls). Every QB makes dumb throws, it's limiting them that's key. The last dumb throw Tannehill made was in the Buffalo game (don't give me the Seattle pick in the end zone that didn't count either, he more than redeemed himself in that game and hasn't made the same mistake since). Tannehill didn't turn the ball over against the best defense in the league on the road- that counts for something, and if you think it doesn't, you're not paying enough attention. This guy has 2 WR's who are a 3's on most other teams at almost 1,000 yards each. He led an impressive comeback against a very good defense to win a game not a month ago. He's shown he can play, and he'll get better. He has an incredible upside. He needs to work on climbing the pocket and using his feet better- very improvable skills with time, practice, and experience. Get him some WR's who can GET SEPERATION and you'll see a big difference. Tannehill is forced to make a PERFECT throw every time because he has no speed at WR. Well, I got news bro- NO QB MAKES PERFECT THROWS EVERY TIME! You need receivers to be, oh I don't know- OPEN to actually succeed at QB with consistency in the NFL. That enough for ya, or you want more?

First, if Jonathan Martin is our LT of the future, then god help us. An above-average D-lineman will eat him alive. I don't know what his health situation will be down the road, but you're out of your mind if you think Martin can hold a candle to Long.

In four games, Henne has as many touchdown passes as Tannehill, playing for an offense that is worse at every single skill position.

Tannehill's numbers are about as good as Fitzpatrick's when he started playing close to full-time with the Bengals.

So far as your scouting report, you can throw out the same generalities ("athletic" "doesn't make bad decisions") about almost any starting NFL quarterback.

Finally, he better get used to the supporting cast that he has right now. Somehow Ireland will find a way to screw up free agency.

First, if Jonathan Martin is our LT of the future, then god help us. An above-average D-lineman will eat him alive. I don't know what his health situation will be down the road, but you're out of your mind if you think Martin can hold a candle to Long.

In four games, Henne has as many touchdown passes as Tannehill, playing for an offense that is worse at every single skill position.

Tannehill's numbers are about as good as Fitzpatrick's when he started playing close to full-time with the Bengals.

So far as your scouting report, you can throw out the same generalities ("athletic" "doesn't make bad decisions") about almost any starting NFL quarterback.

Finally, he better get used to the supporting cast that he has right now. Somehow Ireland will find a way to screw up free agency.

. I like you Daniel- but you're beyond help on this topic. You completely missed the point. I'd invite some of the more knowledgeable football fans here to corroborate my points should they so desire, just so you can see I'm not typing all of this sh!t for my health. And Martin did a respectable job on the whole the other day- we won't miss Long when he leaves and some other team overpays him. He's been GARBAGE this year- and if you couldn't tell, he's gotten worse every year. Unless he's signing for 3 mil a year + incentives- get off my lawn. The one thing I agree with you on is being scared about Ireland, it doesn't get me brimming with confidence that he'll be in charge of arguably the most important offseason in franchise history. I'm scared he might actually pay Long $10 mil a year. If he does, he shouldn't just be fired, the Dolphins should hold a contest where a random fan gets to berate the sh!t out of Ireland while driving him to the airport.

. I like you Daniel- but you're beyond help on this topic. You completely missed the point. I'd invite some of the more knowledgeable football fans here to corroborate my points should they so desire, just so you can see I'm not typing all of this sh!t for my health. And Martin did a respectable job on the whole the other day- we won't miss Long when he leaves and some other team overpays him. He's been GARBAGE this year- and if you couldn't tell, he's gotten worse every year. Unless he's signing for 3 mil a year + incentives- get off my lawn. The one thing I agree with you on is being scared about Ireland, it doesn't get me brimming with confidence that he'll be in charge of arguably the most important offseason in franchise history. I'm scared he might actually pay Long $10 mil a year. If he does, he shouldn't just be fired, the Dolphins should hold a contest where a random fan gets to berate the sh!t out of Ireland while driving him to the airport.

Re Jake Long, I wouldn't franchise him, but the effort has to be made to re-sign him unless the injuries are a real problem.

Martin's strength, or relative lack thereof, is a huge concern.

Re Jake Long, I wouldn't franchise him, but the effort has to be made to re-sign him unless the injuries are a real problem.

Martin's strength, or relative lack thereof, is a huge concern.

. Martin needs to bulk up, that's indisputable. The fact that Aldon Smith only used him as a stepping stone to Tannehill once though is encouraging. He was a very good left tackle in college, and has played that position his whole life. I think he can be a solid left tackle. If we franchise Long, that's $15 mil for one season. No. fvcking. Way. In. Hell. But the only way he comes back is if we pay him 10, which I'm not willing to do- I'm afraid Ireland is though. That scares me. Edited by MadDog2020

Cecil Shorts and Justin Blackmon are miles better than any Fins receiver. Miami's receivers are barely better than the Jets, and the Jets' WR's wouldn't start on a lot of college teams. I do think Tanneyhill deserves the chance to see what he can do with an actual NFL offense.

. Martin needs to bulk up, that's indisputable. The fact that Aldon Smith only used him as a stepping stone to Tannehill once though is encouraging. He was a very good left tackle in college, and has played that position his whole life. I think he can be a solid left tackle. If we franchise Long, that's $15 mil for one season. No. fvcking. Way. In. Hell.

I think about it a little more, franchising Long might not be the worst thing in the world. $15 million is a lot of money, but it's also only one year. It all depends on what has to be spent on filling out the rest of the roster and what it'll cost to get a good receiver in here.

I'd rather take the huge cap hit for one year, and see what we have. Long has declined in the past year, no doubt about it. All things being equal though, I wouldn't want to cut bait if we don't have to.

I think about it a little more, franchising Long might not be the worst thing in the world. $15 million is a lot of money, but it's also only one year. It all depends on what has to be spent on filling out the rest of the roster and what it'll cost to get a good receiver in here.

I'd rather take the huge cap hit for one year, and see what we have. Long has declined in the past year, no doubt about it. All things being equal though, I wouldn't want to cut bait if we don't have to.

. I can't justify that for Jake Long for even one season- not the way he's declined. We have other guys to sign too- Starks, Smith, Hartline... I don't want almost 1/3 of the cap space we have to be dedicated to a declining, oft-injured offensive lineman. If I'm Ireland, I offer 2 years $6 mil plus performance/playing time bonuses. If he doesn't like it, he can get his money from some other sucker.

I don't quite understand the Tannehill hate. Bess is not a good WR at all. It seems like he's consistently running the wrong routes and he's always running backwards. Hartline is good...but he's also the only one trying 99% of the time...and he has a hard time getting open. Tanny has to make obscenely difficult throws sometimes...and he does. It's also a lot harder to score in the Red Zone...that's why they call it the Red Zone. It's a shorter field and not many options. And when you really only have 2 receivers who can do anything, an entire defense can cover them...and our o-line has an incredibly difficult time opening holes so the running game is hardly a threat.

Also...I will throw up if they resign long for a 10mil a year or franchise him for 15. That's insanity. We need a WR, we need a CB and we need a TE. It's gonna take a lot to fill the holes...and I'm more than happy to let Long walk to fill other needs.

I don't quite understand the Tannehill hate. Bess is not a good WR at all. It seems like he's consistently running the wrong routes and he's always running backwards. Hartline is good...but he's also the only one trying 99% of the time...and he has a hard time getting open. Tanny has to make obscenely difficult throws sometimes...and he does. It's also a lot harder to score in the Red Zone...that's why they call it the Red Zone. It's a shorter field and not many options. And when you really only have 2 receivers who can do anything, an entire defense can cover them...and our o-line has an incredibly difficult time opening holes so the running game is hardly a threat.

Also...I will throw up if they resign long for a 10mil a year or franchise him for 15. That's insanity. We need a WR, we need a CB and we need a TE. It's gonna take a lot to fill the holes...and I'm more than happy to let Long walk to fill other needs.

However bad you think Tannehill's supporting cast is, he should have more than 8 touchdown passes at this point if you want to be optimistic about the future. You could cut a rookie QB some slack if this were 10-15 years ago. But the rules today basically guarantee a WR separation or a flag. Even a rookie QB, especially one that's supposed to be as smart as Tannehill ought to be able to take advantage of that.

However bad you think Tannehill's supporting cast is, he should have more than 8 touchdown passes at this point if you want to be optimistic about the future. You could cut a rookie QB some slack if this were 10-15 years ago. But the rules today basically guarantee a WR separation or a flag. Even a rookie QB, especially one that's supposed to be as smart as Tannehill ought to be able to take advantage of that.

That has a lot to do with play calling and the Fins are a run first team. Tannehill has potential I would not throw him under the bus yet.

. The reason Tannehill has 8 TD passes isn't because he sucks- its because the Dolphins score tons of rushing TD's from the 1 and the 2 yard line. The Dolphins as a team have a total of 12 rushing TD's (5 for Bush, 4 for Thomas, 2 for Lane, 1 for Lamar Miller). A lot of those TD's were 1 and 2 yard runs. This happens by (to steal Hank Stram's words) matriculating the football down the field. Tannheill MOVES THE FOOTBALL. I keep telling you stats don't tell the whole story, yet everytime you want to criticize Tannehill, you resort to stats. fvck the stats. Watch the game and pay attention.

Bench him now. Perhaps it might be a message that starting actually requires results. Whatever the end result, it's blatantly obvious that Tannehill is not worthy of being a starting QB in the NFL. At least not now.

Edit. Ok maybe not

Edited by Daniel

Bench him now. Perhaps it might be a message that starting actually requires results. Whatever the end result, it's blatantly obvious that Tannehill is not worthy of being a starting QB in the NFL. At least not now.

Edit. Ok maybe not

. Hmm, 22-28 220 and 2 TD's? Yeah, maybe not.