Volchenkov to Devils

MantaRay

All around? Nope, he played like a premier d-man last year.

For about two months.

That's not meant to be a knock on the guy. He's got great potential and I hope he has it in him to put it together for a full season. But a guy doesn't get himself into the league top 20 based on two months while the rest of his career has been marred by inconsistency thus far.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For about two months.

That's not meant to be a knock on the guy. He's got great potential and I hope he has it in him to put it together for a full season. But a guy doesn't get himself into the league top 20 based on two months while the rest of his career has been marred by inconsistency thus far.

Fair enough. I won't say he is a premier d-man just that he played like one last year - even if it wasn't for the whole year. 2 months isn't fair though.

Fair enough. I won't say he is a premier d-man just that he played like one last year - even if it wasn't for the whole year. 2 months isn't fair though.

2 months may not be fair, but 68 days is, from october 24th until december 31st he was probably the most productive defender in the league. The 2.5 months after that not so much. We would all love to see him play at a high level for an entire year, but it just hasnt happened yet.

2 months may not be fair, but 68 days is, from october 24th until december 31st he was probably the most productive defender in the league. The 2.5 months after that not so much. We would all love to see him play at a high level for an entire year, but it just hasnt happened yet.

We can only hope that ends this year. Because if it doesn't, the devils are definitely going to need to aquire some sort of PMD at the deadline or something

That's fair. I think his year as a whole puts him in the top 20 though. We'll see who comes to play in Sept.