NFL Free Agency Thread

MadDog2020

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't come soon enough for me either MadDog.

I'll tell you what, if Moss is dealt to Green Bay and the deal included QB Aaron Rogers. that might change the entire dynamic of the draft. If that happens, I do envision the Raiders talking Calvin Johnson, and then I could see Quinn or even Russell sliding down to your Dolphins.

That is why I take mock drafts with a grain of salt now, many variables can change the entire course of the draft from now till April 28th.

I dunno maybe the Dolphins should be more worried about who Joey Porter throws punches at now :lol:

the mock drafts are only good for seeing who they think is ranked where

just remember most experts had Rick Mirer and Ryan Leaf on the levels of Bledsoe and Manning too :hah:

Very interesting deal went down in the NFL today:

Atlanta's BEST QB goes to Houston

(March 21, 2007) -- A trade that has been speculated on for over a year is now completed.

The Atlanta Falcons have traded quarterback Matt Schaub to the Houston Texans for a second-round pick in this year's draft, a second-round pick in next year's draft, and a flip flop of spots in the first round this year. Atlanta now will go to No. 8 from No. 10; Houston will go from No. 8 to No. 10.

The trade has massive ramifications. The Texans have their quarterback of the future, which David Carr no longer is. The Falcons are reaffirming their faith in Michael Vick, who now also needs a new backup. And the Texans are out of the Brady Quinn derby, leaving the Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns, Minnesota Vikings and Miami Dolphins as possible landing spots.

The trade, once officially completed, validates the Falcons' commitment to Vick, whom new Atlanta head coach Bobby Petrino told the first time they met, "You're my guy."

Since then, Petrino and Vick have been working together closely on an almost daily basis, prepping for the coming season.

The Falcons, who quietly had been entertaining offers for Schaub this offseason, had tendered their backup quarterback a $2 million offer, meaning that any team that signed him to an offer sheet would have to surrender first- and third-round draft choices to the Falcons. Of course, the Falcons also could always trade Schaub, and that is the course of action the team has pursued.

The Texans will be acquiring a quarterback that has thrown only 161 career passes, 81 of which were completed, with six touchdown passes and six interceptions. But Schaub long has been considered a quarterback worthy of starting, and he was the top bargaining chip the Falcons have.

Now they've decided to cash it in.

Very interesting deal went down in the NFL today:

Atlanta's BEST QB goes to Houston

(March 21, 2007) -- A trade that has been speculated on for over a year is now completed.

The Atlanta Falcons have traded quarterback Matt Schaub to the Houston Texans for a second-round pick in this year's draft, a second-round pick in next year's draft, and a flip flop of spots in the first round this year. Atlanta now will go to No. 8 from No. 10; Houston will go from No. 8 to No. 10.

The trade has massive ramifications. The Texans have their quarterback of the future, which David Carr no longer is. The Falcons are reaffirming their faith in Michael Vick, who now also needs a new backup. And the Texans are out of the Brady Quinn derby, leaving the Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns, Minnesota Vikings and Miami Dolphins as possible landing spots.

The trade, once officially completed, validates the Falcons' commitment to Vick, whom new Atlanta head coach Bobby Petrino told the first time they met, "You're my guy."

Since then, Petrino and Vick have been working together closely on an almost daily basis, prepping for the coming season.

The Falcons, who quietly had been entertaining offers for Schaub this offseason, had tendered their backup quarterback a $2 million offer, meaning that any team that signed him to an offer sheet would have to surrender first- and third-round draft choices to the Falcons. Of course, the Falcons also could always trade Schaub, and that is the course of action the team has pursued.

The Texans will be acquiring a quarterback that has thrown only 161 career passes, 81 of which were completed, with six touchdown passes and six interceptions. But Schaub long has been considered a quarterback worthy of starting, and he was the top bargaining chip the Falcons have.

Now they've decided to cash it in.

Maybe I am in the minority here, but to me David Carr was a richer version of Rob Johnson and had to be replaced.

Schaub IMO in college and in limited NFL duty has shown the awareness, the arm strength, and the tools to be a very good NFL QB. I like the deal. Ans Schaub can step in right away next year, Houston cannot afford to wait 1-2 years for a QB to emerge. The time is now for Schaub.

Watch Carr go to Buffalo :lol:

I feel bad for him... he got shafted in Houston with that awful line

and to be fair.. Atlanta got most screwed because now they HAVE to trust that no talent Fraud to be a Quarterback!

Carr has been the most sacked QB in the NFL the last three seasons plus. He needs to have an offensive line in front of him to be successful like any QB. Houston was just terrible on the O-line. Carr would do good on another team but not sure about the Raiders though. Raiders are picking the QB from LSU.

I could see Carr making the rounds somewhere like Cleveland, where he could push Frye. Tampa Bay's got quite the "fun" QB situation (is the Plummer situation still muddy?), too.

Where are the Fins Fans -- you think Carr could get a look? I mean, if nothing else he could be the next Gus Frerote... :P