Food around the Rock

Reverend_Hellh0und

They aren't and I drove all the way there.. Thanks Krugs for not updating your website or even putting a sign out front

It says it's was closed on their website until the 18th...maybe with today being a holiday they decided not to open. You should have called over there first.

It says it's was closed on their website until the 18th...maybe with today being a holiday they decided not to open. You should have called over there first.

I did but the line is off the hook, so I gambled thinking maybe they just didn't have the phones up yet but were still open.. Funny thing is that the lights were on and the side door was open so by all accounts it appears open.. Seems kinda dumb to not change your website either if the renovation is going over schedule

Krugs is old school family style restaurant probably forget they even have a website

Lol well why would they put that renovations were from the 6th to the 18th and not update that things got delayed? Hell, they didn't even put a sign on their door

For all who care, the reopen tomorrow.. I got official word on that.. I'll probably try to go Sunday before the 1pm game

For those who have been by the construction site, you just knew that Dinosaur BBQ would not be open in a month. I went on their facebook page today and saw that they're "looking to open around the 3rd week of April" now. So 2 months to go, if all goes well. We'll have to hope that the Devils are still in it by then.

I was there last Friday and they just finished the roof and still were working on installing the windows so uh, yeah. Sounds about right. No way they'd be done by March. Shoulda just demolished the whole thing and started from scratch like they did with Loft47 on Edison Place.

Agreed. That March deadline they put on Dinosaur always seemed extremely optimistic to me. Oh well I'd rather wait and have it done right than open in a rush and have it sh!tty.

• 1 month later...

Wow! Edison Ale House is on my sh!t list! A family member is allergic to tomatos orders a burger says they are allergic (like end up in hospital) and they bring the food out with tomatos. Ok whatever send it back and the "new" food comes out with tomato seeds. fvck them!

• 1 month later...

I hope to go to Dinosaur BBQ tonight for dinner before the game. It's right around the corner from Championship Plaza, right?

Any recommendations? Ribs? Wings? I love it all!

Unfortunately for me, the place was too packed last night. There was a 60- to 90-minute wait. So I had to go elsewhere.

Unfortunately for me, the place was too packed last night. There was a 60- to 90-minute wait. So I had to go elsewhere.

:doh1:

Too bad. First Devils night game, rain washed out FanFest that could have distracted 2,000 people. You had a lot of things conspiring against you, my friend.

Edited by Devils Dose

Too bad. First Devils night game, rain washed out FanFest that could have distracted 2,000 people. You had a lot of things conspiring against you, my friend.

You got that right. The joint was jumping!

I walked over to Edison Ale House, and they had a 45-minute wait; and then to Brick City B&G, which had a 35-minute wait.

When all was said and done, I ended up eating inside the arena. :urg:

I'll give it another shot next time I'm out there.

Will be coming to Newark for the first time in nearly two years for game five! What's considered the best restaurant around the arena these days?

Depends what you want. Dino's good, I like Casa Basca (sp. ?) for Spanish. If you're feeling like eating a ton, there's Boi na Brasa for rodizio. The food at mmmBello's is better than average bar food and they have a huge beer selection. A couple blocks up is Je's for soul food.