Food around the Rock

Reverend_Hellh0und

This seems more like a general "food and Devils games" thread so:

Just saw this new little section and went to check it out.. Anyone heard of "Boneyard BBQ Company"? I think it's just a fake brand for their in-arena BBQ but I wasn't sure.. The stand sells Pulled Pork, Pulled Chicken (haven't seen this before in the arena), and BBQ Nachos (also haven't seen this)

It's located right behind section 226

byvu2u2e.jpg

Edited by Colin226

Probably another sh!tty fake Aramark "brand."  I swear the food options at the arena is now the worst.  I really wish Uber Burger was still open as when I am arriving to Newark at 6:30PM and want something quick to eat before the game and coming from the Lafayette side of the arena there isnt too many quick options other than Mulberry Pizza.

Probably another sh!tty fake Aramark "brand."  I swear the food options at the arena is now the worst.  I really wish Uber Burger was still open as when I am arriving to Newark at 6:30PM and want something quick to eat before the game and coming from the Lafayette side of the arena there isnt too many quick options other than Mulberry Pizza.

If you're training in, Bello's is quick and good for bar food. If you're driving, that's less helpful.

If you're training in, Bello's is quick and good for bar food. If you're driving, that's less helpful.

So far due to work, I have been driving in and parking about 4-5 blocks south of the arena, so I usually head in using the Lafayette entrance (formerly the Verizon Tower).  I would like to try Bello's or any of the places like that, but due to the fact I am literally parking at 6:30 and I have to walk to the arena, I don't have time to really sit and eat much.  At least in the Gateway tunnel there are pizza joints I can just grab a slice in if I arrive by train.

• 4 weeks later...

A little off the topic but does anyone know where Road teams stay when playing against the Devils? and also where do they enter the Rock ? is it accessible to fans? i'm going tomorrow to try to get Steve Yzerman to sign something since he travels with the Lightning.. any help would be cool.. Thanks

A little off the topic but does anyone know where Road teams stay when playing against the Devils? and also where do they enter the Rock ? is it accessible to fans? i'm going tomorrow to try to get Steve Yzerman to sign something since he travels with the Lightning.. any help would be cool.. Thanks

Hopefully you see this in time.. Teams stay pretty much anywhere they want.. I've heard of teams staying as far away as Short Hills, NJ.. There is a hotel almost next to the building but I'm not sure if teams are staying there yet..

In terms of where they enter the arena, the Devils make it very easy to get autographs from both teams.. Either navigate to around 25 Edison Place, Newark, NJ - or go the northwest corner of the arena (across from Brick City Bar and Grill) - or click this link: http://goo.gl/maps/Qh257

All 3 of the above will take you to the same place where the away team will pass by on their way in and out

Edited by Colin226

Arena food continues to push the culinary limits

Saturday, November 2, 2013

BY KARA YORIO

STAFF WRITER

The Record

Mustard or ketchup, maybe some relish. For decades those were the only choices for sports fans wanting a hot dog while at a game. It was a simpler time.

Prudential Center is now serving up five possibilities, along with its traditional Nathan's dog: a BLT hot dog (bacon-wrapped hot dog in a potato bun with shredded lettuce, plum tomatoes and chipotle mayo), an Italian hot dog (sautéed peppers and onions, potatoes, sun-dried tomato and basil aioli, on pizza bread), the Villa dog (Nathan's hot dog wrapped in pizza bread) and two choices for a Korean hot dog (one with a chicken topping, another with beef).

At the Prudential Center this season, Devils fans will find many new menu items to tempt them away from the hot dog or chicken fingers and fries. The new fare, such as the Korean kiosk, are meant to provide quality choices, not just a higher quantity of them.

"You're not going to fake it in this market," said Pru Center executive chef Niko Marinos.

http://www.northjersey.com/food_dining/230311481_Arena_food_continues_to_push_the_culinary_limits.html#sthash.GR2krPpV.dpuf

• 2 months later...

Has anyone tried the Korean stuff yet? I saw Korean hot dog posters on the concourse but have yet to try.  The Devil fries (really just fries with a dipping sauce) were not bad.

No and good question as it does look good on the poster but afriad to try.

Had the Chinese station for the first time in about 4 years the last game.  Last time I was there I had the noodle bowl/soup and it was god-awful and had to throw it all out after taking just a few bites.  This time I ordered the combo meal for General Tso's chicken and veggie fried rice for $9.50 total.  It was actually really good and nice and hot.

No and good question as it does look good on the poster but afriad to try.

Had the Chinese station for the first time in about 4 years the last game.  Last time I was there I had the noodle bowl/soup and it was god-awful and had to throw it all out after taking just a few bites.  This time I ordered the combo meal for General Tso's chicken and veggie fried rice for $9.50 total.  It was actually really good and nice and hot.

Are you talking about The ONE Sushi? That noodle bowl is amazing! I have it every game....

Yeah, I don't remember having it that long ago, but I have it before every game now. The noodles' veggies are great, as well as the chicken and the broth...give it a try!

Not risking the $12 on it just to only still hate it.

Still interested in what people say about the Korean food though.

where do they sell chinese food? i try not to eat at the rock but if i do its usually just chicken fingers and fries i had a cheesesteak once but it wasnt too great i prefer the chicken fingers

It's Japanese...it's right by section 12 I believe..it's right by the side entrance into the building...it's called the ONE Sushi...