Zubrus

TomsRiverDevil

"Next man up," as they say. Matteau stepping up tonight in Zubie's absense for the tying goal. :)

Let's hope that can continue!

This. DeBo does a great job getting the most out of the guys on the ice. Let's hope the team continues to battle.

Not saying I agree with the OP but noody has really offered any stellar pro Zubrus sentiments. Me, I think he brings you a balance of everything you need, the quintessential 2 way forward with the size to be a power forward. He's willing to block shots,take shots,has good sense offensively and defensively, is hard to move off the puck and can score a timely goal. But he has nothing on Clarky...

Not saying I agree with the OP but noody has really offered any stellar pro Zubrus sentiments. Me, I think he brings you a balance of everything you need, the quintessential 2 way forward with the size to be a power forward. He's willing to block shots,take shots,has good sense offensively and defensively, is hard to move off the puck and can score a timely goal. But he has nothing on Clarky...

I would say that zubie handles quite a few hockey chores better than Clarksys, ....  handling a breakout pass, carrying into the zone, regroups in the neutral zone, escape turns, etc etc.  but yeah, putting the puck in the net trumps many things!

one aspect of clarkys game which has REALLY improved is his feeding the point passing!  deboer really fixed that!

Every team needs a Zubrus. He would be great to solidify a third line when he comes back. (assuming we find someone to play on that first line)

Not ideal, but Matteau's holding his own with Kovy and Zajac.

Kovy Zajac Matteau

Elias Henrique Clarkson

Butler/Loki JJ Zubs

CBGB

Not ideal, but Matteau's holding his own with Kovy and Zajac.

Kovy Zajac Matteau

Elias Henrique Clarkson

Butler/Loki JJ Zubs

CBGB

I prefer to have Butler on the first with Kovalchuk and Zajac, then make a 3rd line (really a 4th b/c of CBGB) of

Matteau-JJ-Zubs. I like the idea of having a big, muscle line to get in front of the net and the wingers skill would be complemented by Josefsons

I prefer to have Butler on the first with Kovalchuk and Zajac, then make a 3rd line (really a 4th b/c of CBGB) of

Matteau-JJ-Zubs. I like the idea of having a big, muscle line to get in front of the net and the wingers skill would be complemented by Josefsons

I don't like that 4th line, just because nobody on it can shoot, unless Matteau develops fast. Kovy and Zajac will get a guy like Matteau some easy goals and deflections. JJ and Zubs need somebody like Butler to keep the d honest.

I don't like that 4th line, just because nobody on it can shoot, unless Matteau develops fast. Kovy and Zajac will get a guy like Matteau some easy goals and deflections. JJ and Zubs need somebody like Butler to keep the d honest.

I think JJ has shown enough to get respect from opposing defenses. Zubrus is a better passer than given credit for IMO, so I see no problem with having a line with a good playmaking center, Mr.Do-it-All Dainius Zubrus and Matteau, raw but still with a ton of talent and proven he can play in the D zone quite well.

I think JJ has shown enough to get respect from opposing defenses. Zubrus is a better passer than given credit for IMO, so I see no problem with having a line with a good playmaking center, Mr.Do-it-All Dainius Zubrus and Matteau, raw but still with a ton of talent and proven he can play in the D zone quite well.

Not saying JJ and Zubrus are weak on offense, but neither of them has great finishing ability. I'd rather put them with a finisher.

:glare:

Zubrus is the MAN. He does everything. Solid two way play, can play any forward position, versatile, teammates love him, fans love him, oh and he is an absolute animal along the boards.

Get the heck out of here....

Somehow I'm not surprised that someone calling themselves "Zubie" would be a fan of Zubrus. Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

But seriously, I actually felt the same way as the OP when he first arrived. He didn't stand out as a great player.... Except that I realized he didn't stand out as a bad one either. I also began to appreciate the little things he does. He isn't Kovy, but then again a team full of Kovy's probably wouldn't be very good as strange as that sounds. Without Zubes this team would lack 'something.'. Personally, I still think he could use his size better, but he is a quality player and we are better for having him.

Damn Zubs might be out for the season :S

Rich Chere @Ledger_NJDevils
Dainius Zubrus still out with upper back injury that could be long term

Zub might be out for the season. From what we're hearing he might need back surgery. #njdevils

this is opening the door wide open for Matteau i think and just like how Henrique stepped up to replace Zajac we might see the same thing with Matteau now? hope so

Edited by SterioDesign

This is a "true" rumor. I saw him on Sunday and he was on heavy pain medication and said to me, "I can't tell you what is wrong with me or I will have to kill you, but in the next few days we'll know."

And it did not happen when he hit the box door..."that was a baby tap"..."someone did this to me"

I really can't say more, but you all should get the idea..