Trenton Transactions 11/10/08 - Wow...Busy day

TrentonPwnedFlorida

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another transaction....

Jeff Prough (F) Gwinnett DEL Traded to Trenton

Prough is a guy that played with Poli for 4 years at Brown. His numbers were significantly better than Chris's every year so hopefully that's a indication that he can actually play well - but who knows.

T-Devils were told 1 and maybe 2 forwards should be back in time to make the trip to Johnstown - we'll see.

Mondou is on the way from Lowell. Eves still hasn't arrived but they hope he does on the next day or so, they don't expect him to make the roadtrip though - not sure why that would be ok when we're desperately short. In this case I'm glad Lowell is missing the boat with Mondou, if they think any of the 4 guys up from Trenton are remotely as talented as he is well that just sums up the whole nightmare.

Thanks for keeping us all posted! I'm afraid to voice an opinion, it seems whenever I like a player they (a) get badly hurt, or (b) screw up royally. But here goes. I don't know what Mondou did to deserve a demotion, so I'll assume this was one of those "cut off your nose to spite your face" moves for which the Devils are famous.

Keep him safe in Trenton, don't let the sh*theads work him over.

T-Devils traded some more nothing for a goalie from Gwinnett - scary numbers in the two games he's played but I bet he's no worse than Red Llight.

Goalie - Charlie Effinger

Chris Tutalo was cut today - not the best choice imo I would have sent Gerbe,Bartlett or even Radoslovich packing first. But those are three studs we recruited this summer.

Anyway thrilled to have Benoit for as long as we can have him. I would guess just this weekend. He certainly doesn't deserve the demotion imo.

Edited by titans04

God Damn, Kevin Cormier cant stay healthy.

I think or at least I'm hoping he was moved to the 30 day IR because there's a limit to how many guys can be on the 7 and 3 day IRs, his 30 days would be up for next fridays home game. A team can only have one player on the 3 day and one player on the 7 day at a time, unlimited players on the 30 day. The bad news is there hasn't been a word on whether or not he's getting closer to playing. On the radio show last night they talked about a bunch of the injured and not a word about Kevin. My guess is he suffered another set back but hopefully I'm dead wrong.

T-Devils traded some more nothing for a goalie from Gwinette - scary numbers in the two games he's played but I bet he's no worse than Red Llight.

Goalie - Charlie Effinger

Here's crossing fingers that he's just had a rough start and is a hidden gem.

Heck, if he can stay focused better than Red Light he'd be an improvement, regardless of anything else.

Here's crossing fingers that he's just had a rough start and is a hidden gem.

Heck, if he can stay focused better than Red Light he'd be an improvement, regardless of anything else.

Well...The game against Miss was a seven goals against....And he wasnt pulled...So I mean thats kind of a good sign...means maybe the coach didnt think it was his fault?...

Second game was 4 goals, when they got shutout by Florida. Stayed in, I dont see that he was pulled. Gwinett is 2-4 so its not like hes playing on a team thats been playing well....Should be an easy transition for him!

I think or at least I'm hoping he was moved to the 30 day IR because there's a limit to how many guys can be on the 7 and 3 day IRs, his 30 days would be up for next fridays home game. A team can only have one player on the 3 day and one player on the 7 day at a time, unlimited players on the 30 day. The bad news is there hasn't been a word on whether or not he's getting closer to playing. On the radio show last night they talked about a bunch of the injured and not a word about Kevin. My guess is he suffered another set back but hopefully I'm dead wrong.

I hope your right about moving him to make space. Obviously he is not on the team to provide goals, he is there for energy and to kick the sh!t out of anyone. I have seen on youtube and have heard from others how he can really fight. Would like to see him against another level of guys. If he comes back I will have to make a trip to Trenton, for the first time in awhile. I wonder if I can get tickets :giggle:

T-Devils acquired goalie Gerald Coleman from Phoenix - very solid pickup in my opinion, he's played more games a the AHL level than ECHL, even seeing ice time in two NHL games for Tampa Bay. Hopefully he shows up and it's not too little too late.

11/21/2008 Gerald Coleman (G) Phoenix DEL Traded to Trenton (ECHL)

Not sure how they're pulling off all these trades without sending something or somebody going the other way, but I do give them credit for atleast rying to fill the massive voids in the roster.

Edited by titans04

T-Devils acquired goalie Gerald Coleman from Phoenix - very solid pickup in my opinion, he's played more games a the AHL level than ECHL, even seeing ice time in two NHL games for Tampa Bay. Hopefully he shows up and it's not too little too late.

11/21/2008 Gerald Coleman (G) Phoenix DEL Traded to Trenton (ECHL)

Not sure how they're pulling off all these trades without sending something or somebody going the other way, but I do give them credit for atleast rying to fill the massive voids in the roster.

Uh so....

Is smith gone?

Uh so....

Is smith gone?

Doubt it, it's not like them to admit that kind of mistake. On paper Coleman is head ans shoulders above bith Effinger and Red Light. I would think Effinger would be released if Coleman does show up and Red Light isn't injured.

Now if we could only get back guys like, Dyment, Poli, Cohen and Torti maybe we could right the ship a little, especially if Lowell gets helathier and Kell and/or Castonguay find their way back here.

Doubt it, it's not like them to admit that kind of mistake. On paper Coleman is head ans shoulders above bith Effinger and Red Light. I would think Effinger would be released if Coleman does show up and Red Light isn't injured.

Now if we could only get back guys like, Dyment, Poli, Cohen and Torti maybe we could right the ship a little, especially if Lowell gets helathier and Kell and/or Castonguay find their way back here.

maybe, hopefully keep Effinger and Coleman and Smith ends up on 30 day IR. I guess this shows that the NJ Devils wont trade for a goalie, keeping Frazee and Caruso in Lowell? And you are right. If we can keep Smith from playing and get our players back thing would certainly be looking up.

Coleman has been added, they can call Smith up to Lowell and let him rot away while getting paid with there being no roster limit up there. Better yet like I posted elsewhere if the Devils really want to help out trade him within the division.

Trenton:

Add Gerald Coleman, G traded from Phoenix

Delete Benoit Mondou, F recalled by Lowell (AHL), 11/23

Slightly underhanded here recalling an injured player in Mondou but perhaps the first time there's an indication that bending the rules is ok if it actually helps - I'm all for it. No sense in tying up one of the limited IR slots with Beniot here at this level. Hopefully he gets better treatment up there anyway.

No sign of Kell or Harrison (he's dead weight to the pop-gun offense anyway).

There's a chance we'll actually see a few pink slips handed out before wednesdays game if the 2-3 guys make it back from the walking wounded. If not hopefully in time for the weekend.

Edited by titans04

11/25/2008 Thomas Harrison (F) Lowell DEL Released from PTO

11/25/2008 Trevor Kell (RW) Lowell DEL Returned on loan to Trenton (ECHL)

Bet you guys are glad to get Kell back. I guess Harrison being released isn't a surprise. I don't think he did much while in Lowell, except fight.

Very glad to have Trevor back, Harrison is just dead weight honestly to an anemic offense. If and when Cormier gets healthy I can't see how Harrison sticks with the team. He's willing to fight anybody that's for sure but most of his fights are pretty uneventful, he doesn't hurt people like PLL and Cormier do. The question is whether or not Cormier can ever stay healthy at this point so far it doesn't look like it basedon the last 2 years.

More Trenton transactions today:

The best news - Gerbe got shown the door.

Trenton: Add Matt Cohen, D activated off IR

Add Thomas Harrison, F returned from Lowell (AHL)

Add Trevor Kell, F assigned by Lowell (AHL)

Delete Brett Pilkington, F placed on the 7-day IR, 11/23

Delete Jason Smith, G placed on the 3-day IR

Bad news is Pilkington is the closest thing we have to a play maker.