GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ NJ DEVILS 7:00PM

eaglejelly

I'll give Odontya a little credit. He went to make that pass across the front of the net (guaranteed turnover) then thought better of it....

15k looks almost like a sellout to me....

Now if they just drop those ticket prices 10% itwould have been as would most games I am betting..

Edit to add: Had a Jimmy Buff's double.... HOLY CRAP! :rock:

Edited by Reverend_Hellh0und

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really happy with Rachunek's game last night as well. He played fairly physical in the defensive zone, I thought his intensity was up, and he picked good spots to go deep in the offensive zone.

He had too many penalties i believed last night, i believe 2 in the first 25 minutes of the game. Besides that he was good.

Re: Asham - I thought so too. I'd have him sit and put Rupp in the lineup. Asham hasn't been fighting or playing particularly well of late.

Re: Mottau - Let's not go nuts. If this team makes the playoffs, I won't be comfortable with him taking a shift. I think he's best against a team like the Habs, and the way the Devils' forwards are playing defense lately covers up his deficiencies, but I'm not convinced he is an NHL-level defenseman. I remember the board liking Ray Giroux too.

And it was Zubrus's best game of the year.

i tend to always agree with everything you say, but i thought asham played well considering he was on a 2 man 4th line(him and brylin) and he saw some power play time. i thought he was moving out there on the ice last night. i think he played as well as can be expected with brylin and another forward out there with him. i don't think rupp would be an improvement at all.

and i think zubrus has been playing hard all year. if you just go by stats you may not see it but i really think he's been hustling and playing hard all year. and i love the line with him, zajac and langenbrunner. if anything, i'd like to see more out of zajac.

i tend to always agree with everything you say, but i thought asham played well considering he was on a 2 man 4th line(him and brylin) and he saw some power play time. i thought he was moving out there on the ice last night. i think he played as well as can be expected with brylin and another forward out there with him. i don't think rupp would be an improvement at all.

and i think zubrus has been playing hard all year. if you just go by stats you may not see it but i really think he's been hustling and playing hard all year. and i love the line with him, zajac and langenbrunner. if anything, i'd like to see more out of zajac.

Anyone at that game sit around the 231 section?

UGGH.... 2 ROWS of Canadiens fans screaming "Go Les Boyyyyyyyys" and the ever-obnoxious "Go Habs Go!" and screaming in French the entire game, unless the Devils did something stupid because then they would talk and curse in English. After their last goal, i stood up, turned around, and stared them all down with a smile on my face.

God it felt AMAZING to win that game.

The Devils started the game very poorly, by taking penalties against a team that thrives on its power play. Fortunately Marty came to play and those PPs were killed off.

5-on-5 we were much better and our special teams won the games for us. What a turnaround eh?! :)

Great game by Zach and co! I was also very impressed by Zubrus' game. He was hitting everything in sight, playing very well defensively and he also made some sweet moves in th offensive zone.

Rod Pelley also had a great game, hit hit on the much bigger Mike Komisarek was a sweet highlight....and Clarkson's hit on Brisebois.

The defensemen played very well..all of them. Oduya had 10 minutes of icetime and we didn't mention his name once; which is a good thing.

Mottau has impressed me with his poise and smart decisions. Rachunek had a really good game minus the penalties he took in the first.

Gionta continues to be hot, hopefully he can keep it up.

GO DEVILS!!

Wow...what a game, in all facets: shutting down the #1 PP, watching Zach take another step toward stardom and Brodeur toward all-time greatness...a loud building, not far from capacity...just a blast all-around. I went with three friends (it was their first game at the Rock...my seventh), and all three, who rarely went to games at the CAA, can't wait to come back, and were talking about how soon can we get tickets again, who wants to go, etc. More fans in the building is always a beautiful thing.

And a four minute 5-on-3?! I can't remember ever having seen that. I once saw a 7-minute power play...I forget who was involved, but the opposing player was given five for fighting and two for instigating, and since he basically jumped the Devils' player (who never really had a chance to fight back), no penalty was called on the Devils. I talked to Chico after the game, and he couldn't remember ever having witnessed a 4-minute 5-on-3 either. Just a great great night.

Yeah, Zajac's 2nd year so far has been a disappointment.

I wouldn't dress 7 defensemen perhaps - maybe I'd just throw Rupp into the lineup with Asham. I don't like the 7 defensemen although I see why Sutter does it - Martin and Greene will wear down otherwise.

Edited by xxchaznjxx

Well, this was my first game at the ROCK and boy was I happy by the end of the night. The game started out to be a disaster. The Devils were as flat as anything in the first period. Penalty after penalty, the Habs peppered Marty and it seemed like it was going to be a long night. Thank God for Parise providing the spark that woke up the team and the building. His play last night was simply awesome. What hustle on the first goal!! I don't remember a double minor 5-3 in recent memory like that, but hey, that let us put them away. I left last night very happy. Six in a row is very sweet.

As for the Rock, I was VERY impressed. The main concourse is nice and open and the actual arena bowl itself has a great vibe in there. The crowd was a little flat I thought, but woke up a little as the game went more and more our way. The funny thing is, when I watched the highlights at night when I returned home, the crowd sounded so very LOUD on TV. Anyway, my seats were up in 229 and even though they were high, I still had a great view of the game. The seats were snug and I'm only 5-10. I can't imagine someone 6-3 sitting there. That upper level is STEEP, but I like it. You feel like you are right on top of the ice. Funny, I think some girl freaked about the steep stairs and was LITERALLY hugging the railing on the way down! The food was your typical arena fare, but then again I was on the upper concourse. The upper concourse has a smaller, almost Garden-esque feel to it, but it never felt overly crowded.

I rode the train up and that was a fun time. Very easy and I'm convinced that is the way to go. Of course, I came up from Cherry Hill so I still had a 35 min ride home from the Hamilton park and ride. It is great to see Devils fans come on at every stop. It kind of gets you pumped for the game. ...and say what you want about Newark, but something just feels right about playing there. I'll take playing in a city with buildings and atmosphere over the desolate setting of CAA any day.

All in all....a great game and great first experience. I can't wait for my return! Cheers! :koolaid:

Anyone at that game sit around the 231 section?

UGGH.... 2 ROWS of Canadiens fans screaming "Go Les Boyyyyyyyys" and the ever-obnoxious "Go Habs Go!" and screaming in French the entire game, unless the Devils did something stupid because then they would talk and curse in English. After their last goal, i stood up, turned around, and stared them all down with a smile on my face.

God it felt AMAZING to win that game.

OH MY GOD!! Two rows? They practically owned that section. What a bunch of annoying pieces of crap!!!!!!!! They were REALLY getting under my skin. I was up in 229 so I know ALL about them. I'll give them credit though.....they were non-stop and for a small bunch, very loud. I was so mad that no one was giving it back to them. It took until the end of the game for some of the other sections to fire back. It seems like section 233 has a rowdy bunch. They started to shout back late in the game. The funny thing was that group of Habs fans were all like 18-20 yr olds. They were getting a little bold down on the concourse as well as in the bathrooms. I started to really let them get to me and let my shoulder catch one of them on the way out of the bathroom!

People did get creative with them though. The FOUR OH chant was a great way to stop their Ole. Also, the GO HABS GO followed by HOME was classic!!

There were A LOT of Habs fans in general there last night. Thank God we dominated or it would've been a long night listening to them.

Edited by Shapeshift

So it's annoying that they were speaking French..HOW DARE THEY!?.....................oh yeah, they're french..duh

Good for them to care enough to make the trip and support the team

Well Asham is a loser....

Well if your first language is French..why not speak it? I mean if you went to Montreal would you think they would expect you to speak French? Although flipping the family off isn't cool at all, that's for sure

This was also a night where the 15,000 at the arena actually looked like 15,000. Good crowd although of course on Friday nights you usually get even more loons in the cheap seats with either vulgar or non-sensical chants, like the clown in my section who was chanting about Koivu's cancer. And another one saying something about Forsberg's spleen, as if he had anything to do with last night's game anyway.

Yeah i really dont like when fans chant about a players personal condition, dosent matter if its a faulty knee or cancer, just lay off that.

worst chant i ever heard was "danny manslaughter" when i went to a rangers vs senators game, it was disgusting.

my brother said there was a USA chant for a good amount of time

6 in a row, never thought that I would type that this season. We are back in the thick of things now, and hopefully the Devils can extend this streak even more. I wish I was at the game last night, it was actually loud.

LETS GO DEVILS! :koolaid:

Edited by NYGDevils32

since I was trying to argue with you, i was just saying it sounded funny because he is a Canadian.

idiot.