72 replies to this topic

#21 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

Thats what makes it so great! Look at his eyes when hes doing the "whoa oh whoa oh ohohhh" part. I think he's playing a parody of himself. But he does like ragged i'll give you that.

Fair enough. They're all meant to be funny to begin with, but when Eddie Money sings, he sounds that bad. His face might be funny looking, but damn, he just sounds bad. Or maybe it's just because I hate Geico commercials. The only one I liked was the one where the guy does karoake with his personal ad. That one kills me, every time.

This is the long version of it, but they had one where it was cut to probably 30 secs, made it all the funnier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jiSBP9toK_w

#22 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:28 PM

I'm sorry, but it cracks me up every time I see Gallagher go nuts in the farmers market. His laugh after the last melon smash in particular. He looks like the happiest man alive.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#23 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,954 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:32 PM

Eddie Money reminds me of Rodney Dangerfield in that commercial.

Holy crap, he does!

Ever see the video for "Shakin'"? It came out in '81 or '82 I think. Eddie makes a bunch of odd facial expressions near the end. Apparently, judging from this commercial, he now looks like he did at the end of "Shakin'" ALL OF THE TIME!
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#24 gardenstatepkwy

gardenstatepkwy

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:39 PM

I'm sorry, but it cracks me up every time I see Gallagher go nuts in the farmers market. His laugh after the last melon smash in particular. He looks like the happiest man alive.

The beginnings of the Geico ads don't bother me usually. It's that duo of dolts at the end who think it's a good idea to follow each commercial with a strumming hootenanny.

#25 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

Fair enough. They're all meant to be funny to begin with, but when Eddie Money sings, he sounds that bad. His face might be funny looking, but damn, he just sounds bad. Or maybe it's just because I hate Geico commercials. The only one I liked was the one where the guy does karoake with his personal ad. That one kills me, every time.

This is the long version of it, but they had one where it was cut to probably 30 secs, made it all the funnier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jiSBP9toK_w

Oh Ronald you will find love

#26 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Which would you all rather hear/see?

1) The Somebody Left the Gate Open commercial

or

2) That Christmas commercial for I think it was Hyundai where the man and woman duo are singing the entire commercial.

I'd take #1 any day to be honest.

This one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enq5Xt_yTFE

#27 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

Oh Ronald you will find love

How could he not, he's...GETTIN' A WEAVE!!

#28 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:09 PM

This one?

No. This one:

I really want to send those 2 to the furthest reaches of hipster hell. I hate them.

#29 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:16 PM

At least that was just for x-mas though. The citi commercial infested our homes the whole season.

#30 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,492 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:19 PM

At least that was just for x-mas though. The citi commercial infested our homes the whole season.

I'm not really sure about that. I could swear I was still hearing the hyundai one well into Feb.

#31 The 29th Pick

The 29th Pick

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

No. This one:

I really want to send those 2 to the furthest reaches of hipster hell. I hate them.

Oh yeah, I remember that one too,,,,even worse !!, hey they had their 15 minutes of fame, we'll probably never see them again (except on hockey forums!)

Edited by hargsy, 24 January 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#32 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,326 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

My current commercial annoyance are the spots with those 2 Geico clowns with the mandolins or banjos or whatever they are playing.

Any time I hear mandolin, banjo, ukelele, whatever... I dive for the remote.
Posted Image

#33 NJDEVS1730

NJDEVS1730

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

This one is updated, different words-anyone have a video of it?

#34 thefiestygoat

thefiestygoat

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,383 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

I'll take hipsters any day over the "somebody left the gate open." That commercial pisses me off to no end but still it has nothing on the annoyance level to the "Jeter's got an Edge" Ford commercials that have been non-stop for the past few years during Yankees broadcast. I swear that one is on multiple times every game over a 162 game season.

RIP Pat Burns -- RIP Alexander Vasyunov and Lokomotiv Yaroslavl
Winner of the 2008 Sergei Brylin Award for Most Underrated Poster
Co-Winner of the 2011 Scott Bertoli Award for Best Minor League Poster, Winner of the 2012 Scott Bertoli Award

#35 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

A bit off topic, but another commercial I always found weird was the one for the "trimmer" for women that had in the ad, bushes, that would magically become...lets say trimmed in a fashion that others might reserve for hair not seen by many. That commercial just always struck me as odd.

#36 bobilly45

bobilly45

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:27 PM

in 2011 this commercial and the somebody left the gate open commercials were the main ones that were played.

also another emmy award winning commercial that still airs during hockey games, 2 brothers scap metal

#37 roomtemp

roomtemp

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

How could he not, he's...GETTIN' A WEAVE!!

I know he's a catch but woman.

Am I right fellas?

#38 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:44 PM

Not for nothing, at least the girl in the Hyundai commercial could get it.

#39 mrthemike

mrthemike

Cursed_Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:50 PM

SOMEBODY LOVES POTATOES!

Sole Posted Image of Emmy Rossum

#40 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:13 PM

I don't understand whats going on here!!

Neither do I. I use the DVR for every game & watch it about 1 hour behind, so I never see any commercials.

Don't we all do that ??
:noclue:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users