Kovy to Russian media: "Stanley Cup remains my target."

ghdi

I vote that we send Get Real to Russia where he can apologize for Kovalchuk all season, in Russian, on Russian forums.  That would absolve us of at least two of the bigger fan-related headaches of the last decade.

• Like 1

I vote that we send Get Real to Russia where he can apologize for Kovalchuk all season, in Russian, on Russian forums.  That would absolve us of at least two of the bigger fan-related headaches of the last decade.

I'll go if All the expenses are paid and Star Dew comes along as well. Since the internet is worldwide I would be able to post here and in Russia. Risky, you seem to be obsessed with me and Star Dew follows me like a (can't use that word any more).

I've been absent from this board for a long long time and I'm guessing everyone forgot that I always stated that Kovalchuk was a waste, a mistake, and I got a thorough thrashing for it back when he came to the team.  NO one listened they were excited to see when Kovy would take a dump, how emotional it was when he scrapped his glove across the ice when he scored a supposed "big goal", and how big one eye from the other which perhaps made him as "sick" as he was.  I was not the only one, but people failed to see the writing on the wall.  They wanted him to be the messiah when all he really did was make a mess.  The Devils organization should take some blame for it, but Kovalchuk and his mother should too.  No matter what kind of player you are you don't quit, and this guy quit from day one.   He was only after the money and nothing more.   I still laugh at how wrong people were and yet they never probably said, "you know what... so and so was right and I need to say 'I'm sorry'."   

Hockey Fans to Russian Media about Kovalchuk:   "Keep him, let him stay there and die as we do not want him back... ever!"  PS Tell his Mom we said "hey!"

• Like 1

although i felt some resentment with what he did and how he did it.. iam going to miss him as a player on the ice (except for all of those times he would constantly be gliding around doing nothing when i felt like he should have really been putting in more of a hustle to get to the puck) we no longer have that one go to guy to say alright were in a tight spot we need one more goal with the period coming to an end and kovys on the ice.. i felt like he was our clutch go to player and especially for shoot outs. He will be missed, but hopefully our new additions can all fall into place with the team and everyone will click.

I've been absent from this board for a long long time and I'm guessing everyone forgot that I always stated that Kovalchuk was a waste, a mistake, and I got a thorough thrashing for it back when he came to the team. NO one listened they were excited to see when Kovy would take a dump, how emotional it was when he scrapped his glove across the ice when he scored a supposed "big goal", and how big one eye from the other which perhaps made him as "sick" as he was. I was not the only one, but people failed to see the writing on the wall. They wanted him to be the messiah when all he really did was make a mess. The Devils organization should take some blame for it, but Kovalchuk and his mother should too. No matter what kind of player you are you don't quit, and this guy quit from day one. He was only after the money and nothing more. I still laugh at how wrong people were and yet they never probably said, "you know what... so and so was right and I need to say 'I'm sorry'."

Hockey Fans to Russian Media about Kovalchuk: "Keep him, let him stay there and die as we do not want him back... ever!" PS Tell his Mom we said "hey!"

What a laugh! So you were right in predicting kovy would unexpectedly retire three years into his deal? I doubt you ever said that. He wasn't a waste while he was here-he led us to the finals and his presence corresponded with increased attendance. So you weren't right about jack squat.

I've been absent from this board for a long long time and I'm guessing everyone forgot that I always stated that Kovalchuk was a waste, a mistake, and I got a thorough thrashing for it back when he came to the team.  NO one listened they were excited to see when Kovy would take a dump, how emotional it was when he scrapped his glove across the ice when he scored a supposed "big goal", and how big one eye from the other which perhaps made him as "sick" as he was.  I was not the only one, but people failed to see the writing on the wall.  They wanted him to be the messiah when all he really did was make a mess.  The Devils organization should take some blame for it, but Kovalchuk and his mother should too.  No matter what kind of player you are you don't quit, and this guy quit from day one.   He was only after the money and nothing more.   I still laugh at how wrong people were and yet they never probably said, "you know what... so and so was right and I need to say 'I'm sorry'."   

Hockey Fans to Russian Media about Kovalchuk:   "Keep him, let him stay there and die as we do not want him back... ever!"  PS Tell his Mom we said "hey!"

Yeah you're still an illogical broken record though.

Congrats though, you totally called Kovy shipping back to Russia after a few years.

I've been absent from this board for a long long time

I wish it had been a long long long long long long long long long long time.

A lot of your previous Kovy-bashing was flat-out off base.  Whether you liked him or not, he did make some positive contributions, but you refused to acknowledge any of them as they were happening.  Do you really think the Devils get to within two victories of the 2012 Cup without him?  If you're going to assess blame, you can include the lockout as part of it...if that doesn't happen, Kovy never goes home in the first place.   

For the love of God, stick to gameworns.