269 replies to this topic

#201 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,973 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

Why do people keep saying "a win is a win" as if we didn't deserve it? A strong first period..

I thought they deserved to win with the way they played in the final two periods but the first period wasn't strong at all. They were outshot 9-3; let's be honest, they were lucky to come away with 2 goals from that, especially the Clarkson PPG that bounced off of Fedotenko's skate.

The Flyers were a little unlucky overall, it seemed, but Marty was fantastic.

I think we need more time to evaluate Matteau but offensively I think he's shown some nice things; he's not afraid to put the puck on net.

Edited by nmigliore, 23 January 2013 - 10:27 AM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#202 DJ Eco

DJ Eco

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:41 AM

The Flyers were unlucky the way the Devils were unlucky in 2010-2011; that's the way the cookie crumbles. Granted, the Flyers have some serious issues to get over (not unlike the issues we had in 2010/2011, so you make your own luck, and many times get what you deserve).

#203 DH26

DH26

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:43 AM

The Flyers were unlucky the way the Devils were unlucky in 2010-2011; that's the way the cookie crumbles. Granted, the Flyers have some serious issues to get over (not unlike the issues we had in 2010/2011, so you make your own luck, and many times get what you deserve).

As long as they don't get Seth Jones out of it like we got Larsson
Follow Me on Twitter @mtorino75 I Need Followers!

Visit My Devils Blog! www.theTrapezoidConspiracy.com
Rutgers-New Brunswick '11, Rutgers School of Law-Newark '14

#204 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

I think Bryz left his brain in space. That Clarkson goal was a laugher. Instead of following the puck he focused on his lost stick and before he knew it the puck was in the back of the net. That's goaltending-101. Don't take your eyes off of the puck! Brainfart Bryzgalov.

What a glorious start to the season. Rags 0-2. Phailures 0-3. Devils 2-0.

I for one agree with you and understand EXACTLY what you mean. this board is very into selecting minutiae, deliberately being obtuse or overly specific in order to feel correct/superior. You may sound glib and superior which is fine by me - you also happen to be correct. If he is to STAND A CHANCE of making the save he has to keep his eye on the puck. Marty never fvckers around with his stick - if he loses it he plays without it until a whistle.

I'm here for the party

#205 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,569 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

This is one fad I'd REALLY like to see die already! The "Initial of first name, first syllable of last name", I'm-so-hip way of referring to professional athletes and celebrities. JLo...ARod...ScarJo...thank God no one ever called Brodeur MBro, or Kovalchuk IKov, or Clarkson DClark.

MBro I like that one... :D
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#206 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

Very generous. He must've exchanged pleasantries with dozens of people, but he didn't seem bothered at all

Cool. He def seems like a very classy kid. Hope more players (and the organization) become more fan friendly post-lockout

#207 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,816 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Yeah i figured as much.. Thanks for the kind words guys, guess I'll have to buy a parking pass from now on

The free street parking was good while it lasted huh lol...cant beat free parking a couple blocks away, but theres always that little bit of risk with it.

#208 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:09 PM

The free street parking was good while it lasted huh lol...cant beat free parking a couple blocks away, but theres always that little bit of risk with it.

Risk? What are you talking about. Newark is where dreams come true!

n2eg.jpg

#209 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,325 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:30 PM

According to many posters here and their past posts, Newark is a perfectly safe place where no crime happens at all. Any suggestion of any crime happening is either racist or no different than any other city.

Colin- Based on the above, are you sure you parked in the correct city?

#210 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:49 PM

Newarks a sh!t hole, if it wasn't for the arena id never set foot in the city again but we aren't the only team like that. Buffalos arena is in a sh!t hole of an area, same goes for Winnipeg.

#211 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,496 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

Posted Image

Edit: Sorry to you users with slower internet connections. Funny gif though.

Edited by Devilsfan118, 23 January 2013 - 12:55 PM.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#212 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:27 PM

The good:
-playing as a team
-shutting it down with a comfortable 3-0 lead
-we scored often
-PK
-MB30
-rolling 4 lines
-SHUTTING OUT THE FLYERS DURING THE HOME OPENER!

the bad:
-PP...gotta covert
-Kovalchuk needs to take the body

also I think Volchenkov may of gotten a concussion from that hit his head went back pretty bad

oh yeah Simmonds is a douchebag...good to see Bernier/Carter protecting the turf

Edit: Sorry to you users with slower internet connections. Funny gif though.

I saw this shot during the broadcast for like 3 seconds and was automatically like "WTF?"

#213 Pepperkorn

Pepperkorn

A Legend

• Members
  • 18,339 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

The female equvalent to men watching mud wrestling - Very cute gif :uni:

I'm here for the party

#214 rtr1105

rtr1105

Draft Pick

• Pond Hockey
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

Newarks a sh!t hole, if it wasn't for the arena id never set foot in the city again but we aren't the only team like that. Buffalos arena is in a sh!t hole of an area, same goes for Winnipeg.

I can't bring myself to imagine a high crime area in Canada.

#215 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:00 PM

I can't bring myself to imagine a high crime area in Canada.

Imagine Camden. Now imagine everyone saying "Sorry" every time they shoot you, stab you, steal from you, etc. That's how I imagine Winnipeg.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#216 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,134 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

According to many posters here and their past posts, Newark is a perfectly safe place where no crime happens at all. Any suggestion of any crime happening is either racist or no different than any other city.

Colin- Based on the above, are you sure you parked in the correct city?

I'm always very pro-Newark's revitalization and always give it the benefit of the doubt. I think a thriving Newark is good for NJ and it would be great for the Devils. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed. It sucks that the few bad apples really do spoil it for everyone. Still not sure I can bring myself to park on the street again. Driving home with a broken window on the coldest night of the year is not something I want to relive.
Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#217 TheMazz

TheMazz

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

What Newark is this that you are describing? Newark, Mars? Lmao.

n2eg.jpg

#218 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,496 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:31 PM

Imagine Camden. Now imagine everyone saying "Sorry" every time they shoot you, stab you, steal from you, etc.

The horror, the horror!

That's a hilarious description though, definitely stealing that for the next time someone compares Newark and a Canadian city

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#219 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,736 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

I don't know if this got brought up in the thread, I haven't read through the whole thing since the game ended but the atmosphere last night was fantastic. I'm very happy to see the atmosphere and loudness that we had in the playoffs carried over to the start of the season and I just hope it continues. The loud chants during the game, everyone chanting flyers suck, just was all so very awesome.

#220 point

point

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

Great Game.
Frank Seravalli, Phila Daily News:

"New Jersey's run to the Stanley Cup finals last spring was so insignificant, so inconsequential for the team that has won more Cups in the last 17 years than the Flyers have in 45, that there was never even a mention of the Devil's Eastern Conference championship banner at the home opener. It was simply hanging in the rafters with the rest. Ho-hum."

Like DeBoer said- " There aren't any parades for second place." Unless you are in Philly.
2 C6H12O6 > 2 C2H5OH + 2CO2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users