GDT: Columbus @ Devils: Return of Patty

MadDog2020

I hope Shero is on the horn with the league right now ripping them a new a$$hole. This is a fvcking outrage. Honestly. A fvcking outrage. I've been watching hockey for 30 of my 36 years on this planet and I've NEVER seen bullsh!t like that.

if i'm hynes I go full bobby knight mode and start throwing SH!+ on the ice!!!!

I honestly hope he doesn't take the high road in the press conference. I want anger. That call deserves nothing but anger.

God fvcking dammit TG is right. Just watched this replay about 10 times and just keep an eye on the Columbus players stick

https://streamable.com/09oh

So he does... Still, I've never just seen a good goal taken away like that on what amounts to be a judgement call without any kind of consultation with Toronto. It's the type of thing that can only happen to the Devils. [emoji19] Edited by MadDog2020

So he does... Still, I've never just seen a good goal taken away like that on what amounts to be a judgement call without any kind of consultation with Toronto. It's the type of thing that can only happen to the Devils. [emoji19]

Agreed. Sure after review we can see it now but why didn't they review it? If it's non reviewable, how can u allow the play to continue and then take the goal away after the fact? Just the way the process went down makes me agitated. Why couldn't they just blow the whistle when it happened then and save us fans from wanting to throw our remotes at the TV?

I don't get the controversy.

There is a process to be able to fix incorrect calls to correct ones. A linesman caught what the refs missed. From the replays I have seen, Campbell clearly shoots the puck.

They got the call right. It sucks for the Devils.

It's the fact that no one has seen a call like this before.  Yeah, I've seen linesmen call penalties, but I've never seen a linesman rule on possession of the puck on a penalty call.  They made the right call, but imagine if they hadn't?  And they only showed the angle that demonstrated Campbell touched the puck once on the NJ broadcast and Campbell misses the puck with his first swipe, so as I was watching I didn't even see that they had made the right call.

Possession on penalties is one of those weird calls - sometimes the ref just blows the whistle even though the opposing team never touched the puck at all, some refs actually look for 'control'.  Normally it doesn't make a difference but here it did.