52 replies to this topic

#41 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,934 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

With Garrard you still had to respect the potential to pass and that would have opened up MJD and you could have gotten a few more wins to build off.

Who's he throwing to?? Lewis?? That's hardly a threat....the WR's would need an upgrade to be PUTRID....and Garrard doesn't exactly give DC's insomnia fits either....
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#42 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:19 PM

Who's he throwing to?? Lewis?? That's hardly a threat....the WR's would need an upgrade to be PUTRID....and Garrard doesn't exactly give DC's insomnia fits either....

Not saying he does, I am saying is he gave the Jags a better chance to win.
He had 23 TD's last year in only 14 games working with nothing.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#43 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,893 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:25 PM

The Jags went 8-8 with Garrard last year and 3-8 without him this year, so yeah a 'healthy' Garrard would have kept them competitive but he was damaged goods this year, that's why nobody signed him after he got cut.

And they didn't dump him to play Gabbert, they dumped him to play McCown - until the Jets short-circuited him at least :lol:

It's amazing to me MJD still gains any yards with absolutely zero other threat around him, if I'd known they were going to dump Garrard before Opening Day I probably would have picked Turner again in the fantasy league lol.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 29 November 2011 - 04:27 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#44 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:36 PM

Not saying he does, I am saying is he gave the Jags a better chance to win.
He had 23 TD's last year in only 14 games working with nothing.

Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't a lot of the decision based on his preseason (not terribly good)? And the Jags wanting to get out from under his contract? He was due $9 million this season...a lot for a Garrard-type.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#45 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,934 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 05:42 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but wasn't a lot of the decision based on his preseason (not terribly good)? And the Jags wanting to get out from under his contract? He was due $9 million this season...a lot for a Garrard-type.

That's a lot for ANY non-elite QB

And does anyone think McNown was more then a stop-gap till they thought Gabbert was ready?? I know I don't.....

Speaking of bad QB's....Jake Delhomme is a Texan now...better choice then Brett Fraud...barely.....

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#46 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,893 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

And does anyone think McNown was more then a stop-gap till they thought Gabbert was ready?? I know I don't.....

Except Gabbert wasn't ready after two weeks...it was more like, oh good god McCown sucks so badly we have to play Gabbert :P

And yeah Delhomme's a wing and a prayer at best. He hasn't even been decent since the playoff game from hell.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#47 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:11 PM

I was hoping Garcia would get a shot. But they looked at him a few times and went with Jake. Always felt that Garcia got the short end of the stick in his career. Never deserved to be cut from San Fran, Tampa, or Oakland. The last stop, he basically quit since he refused to be the backup to Jamarcus Russell. Understood.

If the Texans want to make the playoffs and be competitive in it, you bring Favre in. But I think that they thought the circus would be too much. And it would be a lot, but he is far and away the best answer for that team.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#48 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 07:18 AM

Count Brian Billick among those who are being fooled by the Pats' three-game winning streak. In his power rankings, he has them ranked tops in the AFL (#2 overall), with the Ravens second (#3 overall), and the Steelers third (#5 overall). First off, how does he have the Steelers lower than the Pats, when the Steelers beat them, and in convincing fashion? And NE's defense is clearly the worst of those three teams. I'll be fair as and point out that, as bad as NE's D can be, it does only give up just under four points more per game than the Ravens and Steelers (I didn't factor in points scored against the offense for any of those teams, so the numbers might be slightly off). But who in their right minds would have confidence in that unit come playoff time? And as we've seen in the Pats' last three playoff contests, opposing defenses have been able to shut down NE's offense, and without too much trouble, really.

Barring a major collapse by either the Steelers or Ravens, I don't see how the Pats can move up beyond the third-ranked team in the AFC, regardless of their final record or seeding...even if they run the table to go on an 8-0 burst to finish the regular season. Even a 13-3 record and a number #1 seed (distinct possibilities, though not set in stone) wouldn't change my mind. The fact is, either the Steelers or the Ravens could go into Gillette and win very easily, to the tune of 24-14 or something like that.

So until I see something drastic happen:

AFC top three:
1) Ravens
2) Steelers
3) Patriots

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976, 30 November 2011 - 07:21 AM.

[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#49 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,276 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 08:06 AM

Count Brian Billick among those who are being fooled by the Pats' three-game winning streak. In his power rankings, he has them ranked tops in the AFL (#2 overall), with the Ravens second (#3 overall), and the Steelers third (#5 overall). First off, how does he have the Steelers lower than the Pats, when the Steelers beat them, and in convincing fashion? And NE's defense is clearly the worst of those three teams. I'll be fair as and point out that, as bad as NE's D can be, it does only give up just under four points more per game than the Ravens and Steelers (I didn't factor in points scored against the offense for any of those teams, so the numbers might be slightly off). But who in their right minds would have confidence in that unit come playoff time? And as we've seen in the Pats' last three playoff contests, opposing defenses have been able to shut down NE's offense, and without too much trouble, really.

Lot of people look at how NE man-handled the Chiefs, while the Steelers only scored 13 points and were 35 yards away from losing to the Chiefs (no one really thought Palko and the Chiefs were scoring that game?). But this is a league about matchups and Pitt matches up well against NE.

With that being said, I don't particularly think Brian Billick is very smart. He sounds like a fool most weeks calling games.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#50 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:26 AM

It was a shortened pre-season so no one was really "on".

Maybe his contract did suck, but if he wins a few more games, that is a few thousand more people in the stands and more revenue from fans drowning their sorrows in a $10 cup of Bush Beer.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#51 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,934 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:39 AM

AFC top three:
1) Ravens
2) Steelers
3) Patriots

You're ignoring the Raiders....that's dangerous.....

#52 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,949 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 09:57 AM

You're ignoring the Raiders....that's dangerous.....

They're just not in my Top 3. Doesn't mean I'm ignoring them.

#30 FOREVER!

#53 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 10:23 AM

So until I see something drastic happen:

AFC top three:
1) Ravens
2) Steelers
3) Patriots

Its funny, I spit up my coffee on the train this morning reading the WSJ rankings, which had the Ravens behind the PATS and STEELERS and SF. IMHO the PATS don't seem as threatening as they usually are; we beat the Steelers twice and just pounded SF last week. Yet, we are not ranked near the top?
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users