‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

Don't forget Zidlicky and Harrold as the 7th guy. This team is fine on defense, there is no spot for Salvador.

That can all change though if the Devils trade defense for forward help.

Also forgot those two, keep thinking we need another D-man because of the talk of Sal waiting.

It'd be nice to get a fwd in to replace Zach if we really end up having to. Wont be same caliber, but say Hudler (4M), give Tedenby another shot, and then Marty (5M), and Moose (2M) + Fayne. Theres the floor.

Edited by ghdi

Any of you guys "reading" the topic wanna chime in so we can have a decent post-Parise conversation?

Not really. I don't feel like talking about until we actually are post-Parise. Which still hasn't happened yet.

I do have to say I have no desire to see Jagr on this team.

Get used to our new jersey in a few seasons. Actually it's still kind of got the NJ on it, sorta.

2411311952_d4876e80ec.jpg

We'll probably see a a rise in attendance revenue with the glut of Nords fans invading the arena the next couple seasons.

Edited by CarpathianForest

Not really. I don't feel like talking about until we actually are post-Parise. Which still hasn't happened yet.

Parise is gone. Might as well get on with it.

Carp I want to think you're just being sarcastic with the Quebec City nonsense but I really can't tell anymore.

Trust me. Nords fans hear even a fart about a team's financial woes and they invade that sh!t like Visigoths.

Agreed. If the post-Parise era begins, there will be time to talk about it then.

Agreed. If the post-Parise era begins, there will be time to talk about it then.

Fvckin Party Poopers!

Also forgot those two, keep thinking we need another D-man because of the talk of Sal waiting.

It'd be nice to get a fwd in to replace Zach if we really end up having to. Wont be same caliber, but say Hudler (4M), give Tedenby another shot, and then Marty (5M), and Moose (2M) + Fayne. Theres the floor.

Hudler would be pretty decent. Too bad we have fvck all to offer Columbus for Nash.

Made it my 'status' on this site, but I'll say it here again:

Parise will resign tomorrow, around 2 PM.

And so help me God, if either Nash or Luongo ever don a Devils jersey...I might just lose it. Lou would have to be absolutely out of his freakin mind.

Made it my 'status' on this site, but I'll say it here again:

Parise will resign tomorrow, around 2 PM.

And so help me God, if either Nash or Luongo ever don a Devils jersey...I might just lose it. Lou would have to be absolutely out of his freakin mind.

Well, technically, you're right. Parsie will resign with the Devils and join the Penguins.

Is our situation anything like Buffalo's a few years ago when they lost Drury and Briere in the same FA period? I know ownership was holding off to try and get 1 of the 2 for the cheapest possible or something but the situation seems similar. What did Buffalo do to try and replace 2 franchise players? Got Brad Boyes/Ville Leino?

Edited by NJDevils1214

Is our situation anything like Buffalo's a few years ago when they lost Drury and Briere in the same FA period? I know ownership was holding off to try and get 1 of the 2 for the cheapest possible or something but the situation seems similar. What did Buffalo do to try and replace 2 franchise players? Got Brad Boyes/Ville Leino?

Even without Briere and Drury the Sabres still had a really good team with Miller, Roy, Stafford etc. I'm not saying our team isn't good, but guys like Elias and Zubrus aren't getting any younger. The Sabres still have some decent up and comers in Myers, Gerber etc. Besides Josefson and Henrique we don't really have anyone in the pipeline that can come up and fill a spot. Also, Buffalo has way better attendance than us. So while Buffalo lost Briere and Drury, they could also afford to sign talent and trade. We have nothing, no money, no prospects. We could trade guys like Merrill and Urbom then what have we got on defense? Volchenkov's style of play doesn't lend itself to longevity and Tallinder isn't getting any younger. We really are in a rock and hard place.

The only good news is that the Devils still need to spend $10 million in cap room to reach the minimum, regardless of any financial troubles.

Wow! I can't wait until the announcement that Lou blew his wad to overpay a third line grinder. Remember when Rafalski left. Who'd we get? Vishnevski and no disrespect to the dead, Rachunek?

I wouldn't be surprised if Lou responds to losing Parise by signing Arnott, Gomez and trading for Langenbrunner because he and ownership have fvcked themselves into a corner and have no other options.

Even without Briere and Drury the Sabres still had a really good team with Miller, Roy, Stafford etc. I'm not saying our team isn't good, but guys like Elias and Zubrus aren't getting any younger. The Sabres still have some decent up and comers in Myers, Gerber etc. Besides Josefson and Henrique we don't really have anyone in the pipeline that can come up and fill a spot. Also, Buffalo has way better attendance than us. So while Buffalo lost Briere and Drury, they could also afford to sign talent and trade. We have nothing, no money, no prospects. We could trade guys like Merrill and Urbom then what have we got on defense? Volchenkov's style of play doesn't lend itself to longevity and Tallinder isn't getting any younger. We really are in a rock and hard place.

so the number 4 overall pick doesn't make your lists of prospects?

you are getting to get real levels of negative posting. it's very tiresome cause you aren't even consistent with your arguments.

I don't understand why so many people are always so negative about this team. Why be a fan if all you do is bitch and moan?

Wow! I can't wait until the announcement that Lou blew his wad to overpay a third line grinder. Remember when Rafalski left. Who'd we get? Vishnevski and no disrespect to the dead, Rachunek?

I wouldn't be surprised if Lou responds to losing Parise by signing Arnott, Gomez and trading for Langenbrunner because he and ownership have fvcked themselves into a corner and have no other options.

Langenbrunner is a UFA too!

so the number 4 overall pick doesn't make your lists of prospects?

you are getting to get real levels of negative posting. it's very tiresome cause you aren't even consistent with your arguments.

I don't understand why so many people are always so negative about this team. Why be a fan if all you do is bitch and moan?

I'm talking forward prospects. Sorry, I'm a Devils fan for life, but we're in a fvcked situation right now. When Parise sticks his fist up the butthole bandwagon that is Sidney Crosby and the Pens tomorrow, pardon me if I don't jump for joy exclaiming, "Well at least Zach will win a couple of cups! Best of luck to you!"

Via TG:

"Less than an hour ago, Zach Parise's agent, Wade Arnott, said via e-mail, "The Devils are still in consideration."

He was responding to someone who asked. Left that person's name out.

Did he email that while masturbating furiously over the payday he's going to make from the Pens signing Zach?

I'm talking forward prospects. Sorry, I'm a Devils fan for life, but we're in a fvcked situation right now. When Parise sticks his fist up the butthole bandwagon that is Sidney Crosby and the Pens tomorrow, pardon me if I don't jump for joy exclaiming, "Well at least Zach will win a couple of cups! Best of luck to you!"

yeah, you are discounting our defensive prospect even though most of our best prospects are on the back line.

This team losses free agents all the time. This team also missed the playoffs once in 15 years or so and if my memory is correct made the finals a couple weeks ago.

Zach will either sign here or sign a contract that is an overpayment. Lou signed him for 6 mil last year which was over market value for an rfa coming off a year with a knee injury. If zach just wants the money he will be somewhere else and there is nothing Lou can do about it. I don't see Lou giving him more than 7 or years. Some team will. Does he take it. Only Zach knows for sure and all the idiotic speculation on this board.

I understand that you just like to troll but are the nordique pictures really necessary? its realy tiresome reading most your posts.

I swear we must have the most negative fan base for a fairly successful franchise.

Joe

Edited by Joe B

Patrick Reusse (ESPN Radio Host Twin Cities)

Louie says Wild in final 3 for Parise. Believes Pitt & Philly are others. Check it out on The Sports Show.

— Patrick Reusse (@1500ESPN_Reusse)

July 2, 2012

"Louie says Wild in final 3 for Parise. Believes Pitt & Philly are others. Check it out on The Sports Show."

Louie says bidding has gone "way over" $100 million for 10 yrs. More Lou: "Suter is going to get $100M."

— Patrick Reusse (@1500ESPN_Reusse)

July 2, 2012

"Louie says bidding has gone "way over" $100 million for 10 yrs. More Lou: "Suter is going to get $100M.""

Not sure how credible this guy is so don't necessarily take it as fact, but its interesting.

Edited by thefiestygoat

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.