2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

just a quick recap: its the 2014 first rounder right? and is it from the Nash trade?

I believe they gave up their 2015 1st and this year's 2nd which became a 1st when they made it to the ECF. And that was in the St. Louis/Callahan deal.

I believe they gave up their 2015 1st and this year's 2nd which became a 1st when they made it to the ECF. And that was in the St. Louis/Callahan deal.

If they don't win it this year (and I still contend they won't) they wont win it for a long long time. That's not to say they won't be a decent playoff caliber team next year...they will. But not cup worthy. And after that the long descent will begins as Lundqvist ages.

Best case scenario is that we will look back on the 2012-2014 team the same way we would've looked back on the 1992-1994 team had they never won a cup. 

Great...the Rags have gotten every break possible (matchup wise) so far this playoffs...they play a Flyers team that they always beat, a Pens team as physical as a ballet class full of 8 year olds and with the mental toughness to match, and now this.  They should be well rested and fully healthy by the time they meet whoever comes out of the West. 

It doesn't matter, you get in the dance you have a chance.  

Reminds me of the Devils only a few years ago.   The planet aligned and miracles happened (Sal leading Defensemen in scoring?) to get them to the finals.

I am actually cheering for the Rags this series, but I think either LA or CHI would destroy them in the finals

Rags also lost their first round pick by getting to the eastern conference finals.

Small, but it'll make it sweeter if they lose in the SCF

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hopefully they'll choke in the finals, and next year they'll have some injuries (or bad luck) and start the downward spiral for another 20 years!

(I mean they hardly had injuries this year, and their older players are still playing well...something has got to go against them sooner or later)

Hopefully they'll choke in the finals, and next year they'll have some injuries (or bad luck) and start the downward spiral for another 20 years!

(I mean they hardly had injuries this year, and their older players are still playing well...something has got to go against them sooner or later)

They never seem to have any key injuries. Its ridiculous.

Seriously?

Yeah gimme a break with that sh!t, there is absolutely, positively NO reason you should be cheering for those jerk-offs Manta. Don't call yourself a Devils fan and then spew that garbage. That's bullsh!t. Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

I am actually cheering for the Rags this series

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!  ARE YOU fvckING KIDDING ME?!

• Like 2

Can't fathom how a Devils fan in/from Jersey can root for the Rags in any series.  Ever.

I can excuse SD, living in Habs territory and all.  I just wish he wouldn't come on here and talk about it - though he's been much better as of late, I'll give credit when credit is due.

Rangers don't have the kind of elite talent that can match the Hawks nor the depth either the Hawks or Kings have.

St Louis and Nash has shown some signs of life but Richards has been invisible and most of the other forwards have been very up and down in certain aspects.

Rangers don't have the kind of elite talent that can match the Hawks nor the depth either the Hawks or Kings have.

St Louis and Nash has shown some signs of life but Richards has been invisible and most of the other forwards have been very up and down in certain aspects.

I dont know, we've been saying stuff like this for a month now and they're still winning games

every team has its strengths and weaknesses ...the rags are getting contributions from different players every game, and the queen has stopped everything thrown at him

Can't fathom how a Devils fan in/from Jersey can root for the Rags in any series.  Ever.

I can excuse SD, living in Habs territory and all.  I just wish he wouldn't come on here and talk about it - though he's been much better as of late, I'll give credit when credit is due.

wut?

Can't you people get over the fact that the Rags are a better team than our Devils? Suck it up and shut up!

Otherwise just watch hockey for the last few weeks you'll get till October.

This is a Devils board. We're not gonna suck it up and shut up. What the fvck do you want, people to fawn all over the fvcking Rangers? Of course people are gonna be pissed. I hate these types of holier than thou posts- if you don't like it, don't read the board. Or better yet, go read a Rangers board.

it does sting that for another season were sitting here watching playoff hockey and our team is not involved again.. its extremely disappointing..and its like salt in a wound when your rival team that is so hated seems to be really having success( which wouldnt even be happening right now if kreider didnt take out price..i think anyway) but all in all they were a better team obviously which is why theyre where they are and again we are on the outside looking in.. is what it is at this point, just have to hope that they dont make it any further and even more so have to hope that we get a couple new additions to our line up to give us something to be excited about in october.

Edited by 2ELIAS6

Seriously. Rooting for them is ban-worthy.

Like I said previously some folks hate other teams more than the Rangers. No Avery, Gomez, Rupp, Callahan etc. The only one I really dislike on their team is Carcillo. I'm not bothered by this incarnation of mercenaries. And I do mean mercenaries. What else would we call Nash, St. Louis and Richards. They're only as loyal to the team to the extent that they wear jerseys with the team's name on it.

i get the whole Price is injured thing as an excuses... but Rangers scored 4 goals on price before he got injured. And game 2 they scored 1 goal... Price was not gonna score goals for them either.

Fun part is that right now everything that helped MTL in the first 2 round is blowing in their face right now.

Against Tampa they played against a team without their #1.

Against Boston, the bruins must have hit like 20 posts in the whole series it was ridiculous. Also they we're absolutely dominated except game 7, still found ways to win. 3 KEY goals from MTL we're 2 dives from Weiss and Subban scored on those PP both times. Then another was Subban himself diving and scored on that PP too. then that weird bounce that sent the puck right in front.

Everything was going their way. As its usually happening to the Rangers too. But yeah, now MTL is without their #1 goalie and they got scored on a very bad penalty last game. Next should be the weird bounce?

Edited by SterioDesign

Like I said previously some folks hate other teams more than the Rangers. No Avery, Gomez, Rupp, Callahan etc. The only one I really dislike on their team is Carcillo. I'm not bothered by this incarnation of mercenaries. And I do mean mercenaries. What else would we call Nash, St. Louis and Richards. They're only as loyal to the team to the extent that they wear jerseys with the team's name on it.

Go read CR's post in the Confronting the Nightmare thread if you haven't already. Just read it. Everyone should, especially the out-of-town fans. Edited by MadDog2020

Can't you people get over the fact that the Rags are a better team than our Devils? Suck it up and shut up!

Otherwise just watch hockey for the last few weeks you'll get till October.

I agree with this.    I am a Devil fan, but a bigger fan of the game.   You give respect where its due.  

Rangers are a better team than the Devils....right now.    This is a playoff thread, not sure how the Devils enter into the conversation.

Go read CR's post in the Confronting the Nightmare thread if you haven't already. Just read it. Everyone should, especially the out-of-town fans.

I get the gist of what you guys are saying, however I don't live anywhere close to the New York area. For all I know if my family decided to stay in the tri-state area I could have very well been a Rangers, Isles or Flyers fan. Bottom line is that I don't like teams that pull sh!t antics. I haven't seen the Rangers do that yet. They don't have the Averys and Callahans anymore to do that. I do know that the Kings have the Dustin Browns on their team. I do know that Rob Scuderi totally embellished that boarding call from Steve Bernier in game 6. I do know that the Kings have the largest bandwagon fan base. All that is most recent in my memory. I didn't even watch hockey in 1994 so I don't feel that sting.