Devils logo for Stadium Series - retro is now confirmed

JWomp

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Contrary to popular belief, Lou doesn't have any say in the matter.  

Yes, he does. He has a direct say to what they wear on the ice like every other team president. 

Reebok can design the style and templates and work with the individual teams on specific details, but if a team says NO to a style or template they can not force it down a team's throat or else. If Lou said no to a chromed up cookie cutter jersey, what can the league do? Suspend them from the game? Unless it's part of the mandate that each team had to do this to play in the Stadium Series, then i am of the belief Lou said no and his quotes are 100% accurate.

Let the other teams participate in the money grab. It doesn't mean they had to, they did for that very reason. If you look at the teams involved none have ever been shy about a 3rd jersey. 

Yes, he does. He has a direct say to what they wear on the ice like every other team president. 

Reebok can design the style and templates and work with the individual teams on specific details, but if a team says NO to a style or template they can not force it down a team's throat or else. If Lou said no to a chromed up cookie cutter jersey, what can the league do? Suspend them from the game? Unless it's part of the mandate that each team had to do this to play in the Stadium Series, then i am of the belief Lou said no and his quotes are 100% accurate.

Let the other teams participate in the money grab. It doesn't mean they had to, they did for that very reason. If you look at the teams involved none have ever been shy about a 3rd jersey. 

No he doesn't.  This is different.  The league is getting some serious financial backing by Coors Light in this Stadium Series.  Coors Light and the league have come out with this chrome look as a way to make a more futuristic appeal.  This is a special event, and if Coors Light is asking the league to showcase this look, then Lou is very easily SOL.  This is a major agreement from the league and Coors Light.  There's obligations in the contract the league has to comply with.  I'm sure the league, reebok, and Coors Light will do what they can to keep Mr. Lamoriello as happy as possible, but he is not the final say in this matter.

Won't be surprised to see a chrome crest on the jerseys, but I also won't be surprised if this isn't released to retail. If they're going to ruin the jersey for the game, maybe Lou was successful in squashing any attempts to sell these to the fans. Pure speculation on my part though.

Even if it is ugly, I'd want one.  It would be dumb not to sell these to the fans.

No he doesn't.  This is different.  The league is getting some serious financial backing by Coors Light in this Stadium Series.  Coors Light and the league have come out with this chrome look as a way to make a more futuristic appeal.  This is a special event, and if Coors Light is asking the league to showcase this look, then Lou is very easily SOL.  This is a major agreement from the league and Coors Light.  There's obligations in the contract the league has to comply with.  I'm sure the league, reebok, and Coors Light will do what they can to keep Mr. Lamoriello as happy as possible, but he is not the final say in this matter.

Yes, he does. As the President of the Devils, Lou has the final say what they wear on the ice. Unless it was mandatory from the start that all teams must wear a specially designed jersey to participate the Series or else, then the Devils are going out there in the Retros without the cookie cutter influence. It might be 50/50 at this point with the chrome logo, but i still believe the apparel provided a clue. 

The chrome theme is a marketing initiative by the NHL based on the chrome details of the NHL shield. It was in the original press release. Coors Light has zero to do with any of it.

Edited by TheRedStorm

Yes, he does. As the President of the Devils, Lou has the final say what they wear on the ice. Unless it was mandatory from the start that all teams must wear a specially designed jersey to participate the Series or else, then the Devils are going out there in the Retros without the cookie cutter influence. It might be 50/50 at this point with the chrome logo, but i still believe the apparel provided a clue. 

The chrome theme is a marketing initiative by the NHL based on the chrome details of the NHL shield. It was in the original press release. Coors Light has zero to do with any of it.

I'm just gonna say that you're completely wrong.

I'm just gonna say that you're completely wrong.

Why be so stubborn? The statement you made about Coors Light is inaccurate. Not to mention the NHL themselves said the chrome theme was based on the NHL shield. The statement about Lou, is also wrong because you don't understand that it's his job as Devils President to handle this. What more do you want? The man to tell it to you personally? 

Edited by TheRedStorm

Why be so stubborn? The statement you made about Coors Light is inaccurate. Not to mention the NHL themselves said the chrome theme was based on the NHL shield. The statement about Lou, is also wrong because you don't understand that it's his job as Devils President to handle this. What more do you want? The man to tell it to you personally? 

Everything you said is completely inaccurate.  Do you want me to get the reps of Coors Light, Bettman, Daly, and Lou to tell you personally?

Everything you said is completely inaccurate.  Do you want me to get the reps of Coors Light, Bettman, Daly, and Lou to tell you personally?

http://devils.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=691159

The Chrome logo designs are unique to the NHL Stadium Series and inspired from the chrome details on the NHL shield, bringing a dynamic and modern perspective to conventional team identities.

"Lou said the Devils will be wearing original red jerseys with green in outdoor game at Yankee Stadium". What about that makes anyone think they will be using the chrome logo?

1. He said the jerseys would be the same.  But nowhere does he say anything of the logo crest.  The crest is a separate from the jersey.  Also the numbers are probably going to have to be different.  The league is mandating elongated numbers and the chrome logo.  Now it's very possible to have the regular crest, but maybe have the chrome logo as a shoulder patch or something.

2. As I've been trying to explain to RedStorm, Lou doesn't have the final say on the jerseys.  This little fact which has already been confirmed seems to go over his head for some reason.

Here's the NHL press release on the Devils webpage:

"The Chrome logo designs are unique to the NHL Stadium Series and inspired from the chrome details on the NHL shield, bringing a dynamic and modern perspective to conventional team identities.

2)  RBK works with the teams to create a design based off a template approved by the league, they are not judge, jury and executioner. You forget that the crap teams have been wearing since 2007 is every bit the team's fault as is RBK's.  What the Devils wear on the ice goes through Lou. It's his job as President. If he doesn't sign off on it on behalf of his team, it doesn't go final.

3) Start posting facts with links from coors light reps and the league and also where it EXACTLY says Lou is irrelevant and so is his job to do such. Not garbage you're parroting back from icethetics and chris creamer that you're taking as gospel.  Here's an example of what i am talking about where you read this and are just parroting it back like it's fact from the league or coors: 

http://hockeybydesign.com/2013/11/hbd-news-stadium-series-all-chromed-up/

Edited by TheRedStorm

Here's the NHL press release on the Devils webpage:

Do you need it to be pointed out to you where it says "The Chrome logo designs are unique to the NHL Stadium Series and inspired from the chrome details on the NHL shield, bringing a dynamic and modern perspective to conventional team identities.

2) I can not believe you are this clueless to what Lou's job is as President of the Devils. I mean if you don't know already and you're not listening then how are you going to know and learn? What the Devils wear on the ice goes through Lou. I have NO idea why this is so difficult for you to grasp? It's nothing to do with Lou being LOU...it's his F-ING job.

3) Start posting facts regarding Lou and Coors Light with links from reps and the league. Not garbage you're parroting back from icethetics and chris creamer you're taking as gospel.

1. What's the point of showing that?  I'm well aware of the the chrome logos and what they're supposed to represent.

2. Lou isn't the highest ranking in the Devils organization.  There's two others on his level, and there's 2 more above him.  Do you really think the league and the organization is just gonna let Lou pick the jerseys just because he's , Lou?  It would completely make the organization look like a joke, and be bad PR for the league, team, and organization.  It's not that hard to understand.  The NHL and the organization doesn't need Lou's permission in order for the Devils to wear the Chrome look.

3. I don't see any links from you other than the one that's showing the description of the chome logos.

Edited by Mike Brown

1. What's the point of showing that?  I'm well aware of the the chrome logos and what they're supposed to represent.

2. Lou isn't the highest ranking in the Devils organization.  There's two others on his level, and there's 2 more above him.  Do you really think the league and the organization is just gonna let Lou pick the jerseys just because he's , Lou?  It would completely make the organization look like a joke, and be bad PR for the league, team, and organization.  It's not that hard to understand.  The NHL and the organization doesn't need Lou's permission in order for the Devils to wear the Chrome look.

3. I don't see any links from you other than the one that's showing the description of the chome logos.

1) You said:

"The league is getting some serious financial backing by Coors Light in this Stadium Series.  Coors Light and the league have come out with this chrome look as a way to make a more futuristic appeal.  This is a special event, and if Coors Light is asking the league to showcase this look, then Lou is very easily SOL.  This is a major agreement from the league and Coors Light.  There's obligations in the contract the league has to comply with.  I'm sure the league, reebok, and Coors Light will do what they can to keep Mr. Lamoriello as happy as possible, but he is not the final say in this matter"

That's why you were shown the quote.

2) I don't care Lou's position on the ladder. Lou is the President of the team. It's his job to sign off on this. Period. RBK and the NHL work with the teams, however they CAN NOT make a team wear something they do not want to. Unless were talking part of a prior agreement, the that should be the debate/specualtion here, not the inaccurate opinion you have of Lou's job description.

3)  I'll do some homework for you, since you'd rather finger point  (and you're now annoying the hell out of me).  Here's an example of what i am talking about where you read something and parroting it back like it's fact from the league or Coors: 

Edited by TheRedStorm

No he doesn't. This is different. The league is getting some serious financial backing by Coors Light in this Stadium Series. Coors Light and the league have come out with this chrome look as a way to make a more futuristic appeal. This is a special event, and if Coors Light is asking the league to showcase this look, then Lou is very easily SOL. This is a major agreement from the league and Coors Light. There's obligations in the contract the league has to comply with. I'm sure the league, reebok, and Coors Light will do what they can to keep Mr. Lamoriello as happy as possible, but he is not the final say in this matter.

if Lou didn't have a say the jersey would have been revealed already and it wouldn't be the retro, it would be something brand new like the isles and rags. Also there are significant changes to that Blackhawks jersey, I doubt the same will happen to our red and greens. I think the compromise for Lou will be the regular retros with the chrome logo.

1) You said:

"The league is getting some serious financial backing by Coors Light in this Stadium Series.  Coors Light and the league have come out with this chrome look as a way to make a more futuristic appeal.  This is a special event, and if Coors Light is asking the league to showcase this look, then Lou is very easily SOL.  This is a major agreement from the league and Coors Light.  There's obligations in the contract the league has to comply with.  I'm sure the league, reebok, and Coors Light will do what they can to keep Mr. Lamoriello as happy as possible, but he is not the final say in this matter"

That's why you were shown the quote.

2) I don't care Lou's position on the ladder. Lou is the President of the team. It's his job to sign off on this. Period. RBK and the NHL work with the teams, however they CAN NOT make a team wear something they do not want to. Unless were talking part of a prior agreement, the that should be the debate/specualtion here, not the inaccurate opinion you have of Lou's job description.

3)  I'll do some homework for you, since you'd rather finger point  (and you're now annoying the hell out of me).  Here's an example of what i am talking about where you read something and parroting it back like it's fact from the league or Coors: 

1. Fine I'll let you have this one.  Even though I never disagreed with you regarding where the chrome came from.

2. There was a prior agreement.  That's the one I'm trying to tell you about.  Fact is, Lou is FIGHTING about the new modern look.  If he did have the final say, why would he be FIGHTING with the league?  In this case, if the team does wear just the regular retros, it's won't be because Lou said so.  It's because the league agreed to all the Devils to do so.  The league has more power than the team.  Teams can't just wear whatever they want without the league approval.

**On a sidenote, there is no place that says the team president is solely responsible for the team's uniforms.  The uniforms is an organizational decision.

3. I get your concern with those kind of sites.  But you're just speculating like the rest of us.  There are no facts for either side.

I do know these facts though.

• The league and Coors Light teamed up to create the Stadium Series.
  • All of the jerseys are being designed by the same person(s).
  • The league is requiring all teams to have the chrome look.

if Lou didn't have a say the jersey would have been revealed already and it wouldn't be the retro, it would be something brand new like the isles and rags. Also there are significant changes to that Blackhawks jersey, I doubt the same will happen to our red and greens. I think the compromise for Lou will be the regular retros with the chrome logo.

What significant changes are there to the Blackhawks jersey?  They tweaked the striping, and the laces are different.  What else?

1. Fine I'll let you have this one.  Even though I never disagreed with you regarding where the chrome came from.

2. There was a prior agreement.  That's the one I'm trying to tell you about.  Fact is, Lou is FIGHTING about the new modern look.  If he did have the final say, why would he be FIGHTING with the league?  In this case, if the team does wear just the regular retros, it's won't be because Lou said so.  It's because the league agreed to all the Devils to do so.  The league has more power than the team.  Teams can't just wear whatever they want without the league approval.

**On a sidenote, there is no place that says the team president is solely responsible for the team's uniforms.  The uniforms is an organizational decision.

3. I get your concern with those kind of sites.  But you're just speculating like the rest of us.  There are no facts for either side.

I do know these facts though.

• The league and Coors Light teamed up to create the Stadium Series.
  • All of the jerseys are being designed by the same person(s).
  • The league is requiring all teams to have the chrome look.

What significant changes are there to the Blackhawks jersey?  They tweaked the striping, and the laces are different.  What else?

Based on what we see with the other teams, i tend to think there might be something to this to an extent, but all we can do is pick things apart for now. Those other teams participating aren't exactly shy about making fans buy different jerseys and the cash grab this is. We all know what Lou's stance is on this sort of thing.

A President of a team is usually the one where this task lies. While the President can solicit input and opinion from others in the organization high or low, it's his call. Can be be overruled by an owner? Sure, if you're working for Mark Cuban and Daniel Snyder. And if you know this organization and how Lou is regarding uniforms, there can be no doubt who makes the call here.

RBK and the NHL work on a design together with the Devils like they do with all teams. If Lou doesn't like or want the submissions he can say  "we're not wearing these" IF there's no prior binding agreement that the Devils have to wear a cookie cutter jersey. In that case, the league and RBK can not force it down Lou's throat. With no agreement, maybe they might meet in the middle for everyone's sake and say "chrome the crest only, but keep the retro design as is" to avoid a problem. That we have to wait and see. But i can safely say if there's nothing that prevents the Devils from wearing the Retros as is, then that's what is going to happen.

Right, i am speculating just like I did with the shirts and the designs because there is something not right there compared to other teams. I'm as anxious as anyone to see if that really was a clue, but i felt it was worth bringing up. I also know what's complete nonsense, too. Coors having any influence on this is one example.

Edited by TheRedStorm

Do you really think there are 2 other people within the organization on Lou's level? That was a good one! You had me going for a minute.

What significant changes are there to the Blackhawks jersey? They tweaked the striping, and the laces are different. What else?

There are only so many elements of the original alternate to begins with, and every one of them has been. "Tweaked". The striping laces logo plus I'm assuming one of the shoulder patches will be switched for the stadium series logo. Basically everything that could have been altered was.

I would bet a lot of money our jerseys will not have anywhere near that amount if change. And I've argued earlier in this thread that Lou has less influence now than he previously did, but I still think he's gonna get his way with this (minus the chrome).

There's a reason it hasn't been revealed, and it's probably because there isn't anything to reveal.

There are only so many elements of the original alternate to begins with, and every one of them has been. "Tweaked". The striping laces logo plus I'm assuming one of the shoulder patches will be switched for the stadium series logo. Basically everything that could have been altered was.

I would bet a lot of money our jerseys will not have anywhere near that amount if change. And I've argued earlier in this thread that Lou has less influence now than he previously did, but I still think he's gonna get his way with this (minus the chrome).

There's a reason it hasn't been revealed, and it's probably because there isn't anything to reveal.

You're talking very minor differences.  And "tweaked" would be the correct term to use for the changes that were made.  Overall the only things that were altered was the crest and the slight tweek to the striping.  Nothing else was changed unless you wanna count the Stadium Series patch.

The Devils jersey will probably get the same treatment.