Zids re-signed 1 year / 3m with Devils

SterioDesign

I am. Everyone and their mother said Zidlicky would get 5 or close to it based on those deals. It was reported he had a 2-year deal for 4.5 per on the table somewhere else. Its a great deal.

I didn't say that, because I tried to impress upon people the idea that UFA deals have nothing to do with one another.  In this case, I think Zidlicky took less to stay in New Jersey - TG reported he had a 2 year 9 million dollar offer but I bet it was some garbage team.   I'm still really shocked he signed for that little though, I thought it would come in around $4M.

I am. Everyone and their mother said Zidlicky would get 5 or close to it based on those deals. It was reported he had a 2-year deal for 4.5 per on the table somewhere else. Its a great deal.

I didn't say that, because I tried to impress upon people the idea that UFA deals have nothing to do with one another.  In this case, I think Zidlicky took less to stay in New Jersey - TG reported he had a 2 year 9 million dollar offer but I bet it was some garbage team.   I'm still really shocked he signed for that little though, I thought it would come in around $4M.

I'm surprised he signed for 3 as well. I had guessed 4.5, and certainly didn't think he'd take anything under 4.

I'm surprised he signed for 3 as well. I had guessed 4.5, and certainly didn't think he'd take anything under 4.

This guy clearly did NOT want to leave NJ, and was willing to leave term and money on the table to stay.  I give him credit...a lot of players don't do that, though I can understand why. 

I didn't say that, because I tried to impress upon people the idea that UFA deals have nothing to do with one another. In this case, I think Zidlicky took less to stay in New Jersey - TG reported he had a 2 year 9 million dollar offer but I bet it was some garbage team. I'm still really shocked he signed for that little though, I thought it would come in around $4M.

There may have been some promises made off the books. Time will tell, I guess.

Well Zidlicky definitely moved up on my "favorite current Devils" list for this sweetheart deal.

Turning down 2/9 for 1/3?  That's insane, must love it in NJ

Or maybe Lou told him he's thinking of signing Jagr, and the thought of ending his career with Elias and Jagr on a contending team was enough for him to take the cut? (Just throwing that out there)...

Or maybe Lou told him he's thinking of signing Jagr, and the thought of ending his career with Elias and Jagr on a contending team was enough for him to take the cut? (Just throwing that out there)...

Don't go getting my hopes up now.

This guy clearly did NOT want to leave NJ, and was willing to leave term and money on the table to stay.  I give him credit...a lot of players don't do that, though I can understand why. 

It's always nice to have guys here that want to to be here. Good on Zids.

They have no cap space after the RFA deals get signed OR roster space (fifteen signed forwards with only Gionta on a two-way), the Jagr pipe dream ain't happening.

I wouldn't even want him anyway, he looked washed up in 'last' year's playoffs and will be overpaid for what he can bring at this point.

They have no cap space after the RFA deals get signed OR roster space (fifteen signed forwards with only Gionta on a two-way), the Jagr pipe dream ain't happening.

I wouldn't even want him anyway, he looked washed up in 'last' year's playoffs and will be overpaid for what he can bring at this point.

Dead on Hass.

He's a good fourth liner who can set people up. He had 16 goals this year and 19 assists, followed by 11 assists in the playoffs and rang the pipe a like four times. Even at 41/42, he's still beneficial to have on your team as a goal scorer and a set-up man. Jagr didn't look too bad in the playoffs, just the Cup Final were he looked a little depleted/sluggish (I know what you're going to say, that's not the time to be depleted/sluggish lol), but he didn't do too bad in my opinion.