Vanderbeek comments-Jersey Tour

trailblazer

They have to wait for that hotel to be done, too. I can see the Devils getting an All-Star game, but I'm thinking it won't be for another 4-5 years. I mean hell, we haven't had one in 26 years. We are due.

From what I heard there is nowhere for folks to stay in Newark. I can't see how building a Marriot is going to house that many folks. People wil lbe staying at the airport etc.

How bout us hosting the draft??

From what I heard there is nowhere for folks to stay in Newark. I can't see how building a Marriot is going to house that many folks. People wil lbe staying at the airport etc.

There's hotels in Newark, and the Marriott will certainly help, but I get the feeling that if we do get an All-Star Game, it's going to piggyback on NYC anyway and that's where a majority of out-of-staters will probably stay.

Even if that's not the case, hotels at the airport are less than a 10 minute train ride to the arena, and just about every other stop on the NJ Transit has hotels nearby as well.

I think the draft is a trial run to hosting an all star game.

The Hilton in the background and attached to Penn Station would seem pretty close to me.

Between the Gateway Hilton, the Robert Treat, and the proposed new Marriott that would be three decent hotels in downtown within easy distance of the arena. Add on the Comfort Suites in North Newark and the Hampton in Harrison and you've got a very decent start to the necessary number of nearby beds. If the airport hotels are included then there are plenty of beds including several that are quite nice.

I would love to be part of a WC, but NBC won't even put us on their Sunday weekly programming and Versus doesn't even put us on in the playoffs (although this year I think it had something to do with Comcast and the Flyers). WC is geared toward the average sports fan to watch hockey played outdoors, I'm sure if it was up to real hockey fans they would love to see Devils v. Rangers.