Hockey "Affairs" List

SueNJ97

OK, we were taking the other thread off-topic with the Bryan Berard/Milbury's daughter rumor. But that started me thingking about the other notororious or not-so-notorious, since I hadn't heard of THAT one, affairs among the hockey community. And I don't mean Marty & his sister-in-law. I mean like Berard and his coach/GM's daughter.

Here's what I can recall:

Brendan Shanahan & Craig Janney's wife - true, since she is now the current Mrs. Shanahan & divorced Craig to be with Brendan. They met at a Blues team party.

Brendan Morrow (what is it about Brendans) & Guy Carbonneau's daughter Ann-Marie - also true, they are now married as well. They met at a Stars family outing.

Ted Nolan & Hasek's wife - never proven, but SOMETHING earned Nolan the hatred of his star goalie, massive trouble in the room as the team took sides and then he knifed his GM. Not good all around.

Eric Lindros & Brindy's wife - Also never proven. But what led to a locker room fight between the two? And it's always fun the speculate.

Shayne Corson & Almo's wife - Another never proven. But what else could it be that would have Almo screaming "Stay out of my bed" to Corson in the locker room? Then again, Almo always has been a funny sort of a guy - maybe it was a joke.

Any that I missed?

Nieds really has to reach a decision soon or I'm afraid of what might happen to PK. :unsure:

At this point, I'm not even sure it matters what that decision is. It's just apparent that PK needs closure, ASAP.

Well I wasn't gonna take the Berard thing any further.  It was a legit question since it could influence the decision to bring Berard back to the Island.  I don't think it was getting too dirty either.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree it was a legit question, I just didn't realize it had happened. That explained Milbury out of the blue trading a Calder winner for Potvin, who was starting to slide and who didn't want to be there. I know he had money & ownership problems but it seemed like Berard was the least of his issues at the time. That would 'splain it. But we have seen that time can cure many things and maybe it can cure this. Maybe Milbury's wife will hit him over the head with a shoe to knock some sense into him.

And I didn't think it was getting all that dirty either. But the discussion was kind of getting the other thread off topic because it was all about the inuendo and not about the actual point. But it did start me thinking about other instances which is why I started this one. And no, Marty doesn't count because his brother-in-law wasn't in any way connected with his team or even another NHL team, as far as we know. Every other instance I've documented this is the spouse, or daughter of someone connected with the team, not private life.

If you want to count another NHL team, remember the Fedorov/Bure fight over Anna Kournikova? First she was dating Sergei, then she dumped him for Pavel, then Sergei wooed her back, then, well, we all know the rest.

the lindros brindy thing was a ridiculous retelling of kevin stevens and brindy's wife.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Forgot about that one. If you think about it, Kevin Stevens has been mostly trouble over his career and damn lucky he could score goals.

This isn't the same thing, but it's a true story.

Several years back a woman was in an auto accident that killed the teenage driver of the car she hit because she was traveling on the freeway at high speed. She was traveling from Vancouver to somewhere in California. In court, her defense was that she had been taking ephedrine while training for a marathon (IIRC), and she was having hallucinations that Joe Nieuwendyk (whom she had never met) was speaking to her through her car radio telling her to hurry to meet him in California (?) so she could have his baby.

The defense worked. She was found not guilty.

This isn't the same thing, but it's a true story. 

Several years back a woman was in an auto accident that killed the teenage driver of the car she hit because she was traveling on the freeway at high speed.  She was traveling from Vancouver to somewhere in California.  In court, her defense was that she had been taking ephedrine while training for a marathon (IIRC), and she was having hallucinations that Joe Nieuwendyk (whom she had never met) was speaking to her through her car radio telling her to hurry to meet him in California (?) so she could have his baby.

The defense worked.  She was found not guilty.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That was totally the greatest thing I've heard today. :rofl:

The rumblings I heard in Boston a few years ago revolved around rumors of Martin Lapointe allegedly screwing around with Kyle McLaren's stripper gal pal. Kyle demanded a trade afterwards. Mike O'Connell told the Boston media it wasn't related to money.

Edited by Guest

The rumblings I heard in Boston a few years ago revolved around rumors of Martin Lapointe allegedly screwing around with Kyle McLaren's stripper gal pal.  Kyle demanded a trade afterwards.  Mike O'Connell told the Boston media it wasn't related to money.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i always wondered about that. I always figured it was about money though. I mean the bruins always say "its not about money" but it always is...

mclaren didn't deserve what he was asking for though. He was injured for over half the season that year. And the only real lovely memory from that year of him was that beautiful hit on the habs dude in the playoffs where he closelined him. incredibly dirty, but meh i loved it still.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey I just read a rumor Tommy Salo's wife was boning Comrie...

I was searching under Scott Stevens + gossip! :lol: I was bored what do you want!? So it was this Slavic hockey blog - heeheehee! no good Stevens gossip FYI :saddevil: Why can't I see a nude shot of him or something? That would be so NEAT!! :boogie:

This was in HELL??? Why was this in HELL --- this is silly! Not real hockey! Move this to heaven someone! :blush: why I dont I check before posting I just searched under Sue topics and didn't pay attention to the forum... :(

Edited by Darwindog