PL3

Greene

Edited by Z-Man

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i was thinking about it today and the devils are actually in not-terrible shape re: the cap. this off-season is going to be rather interesting for a number of reasons that i will elaborate on when i'm not tired and pissed-off and no one cares.

Edited by Triumph

If Gionta doesn't ask for a ton of money we'll almost definitely resign him.

this can't happen. not because he isn't worth $2M or so to the devils. but because he will get more somewhere else. and the devils cannot have gionta taking up a roster spot for 3 more years.

he'll go back to buffalo.

does zubrus have a no trade clause?

i believe he has a partial one - regardless, his contract acts as one. furthermore, unless you've got someone coming in to take his salary, there's no reason to move him. the board hates him because he doesn't score 50 points. he does enough other stuff. this argument is not worth having tonight.

this can't happen. not because he isn't worth $2M or so to the devils. but because he will get more somewhere else. and the devils cannot have gionta taking up a roster spot for 3 more years.

he'll go back to buffalo.

yeah basically, the devils are spending too much on wingers. they need to think about centers and possibly moving zubrus down to a checking line.

Edited by Triumph

Excuse me for the obvious, but wasn't our problem (As everyone is quick to reiterate) not being able to weather pressure on our "D"?

Yet everyone here seems to be discussing offense? and....Shannny?

Can we finally get a solid D that has a somewhat-threatening shot from the point.

AKA - Beauch....

of all the aged talent we'd have the only one I wouldnt mind having back in Shanny. But like someone else pointed out I dont think it would or coud be at the expecation of him playing a full season. Have to be something similar to this year but we probably won't get the bargain anymore.

out of all the free agents the only one i definitely want to see back is zajac.

the organization has to go in a somewhat new direction. they need a top d man because the no name d isn't and won't get the job done when it counts. they need more speed which madden and pando can't give you.

if gionta would take a couple mill thats fine but otherwise see ya and thanks. if they can get that d man(which won't be easy) and get some speed i think they will be fine next season.

I'd like to see Oduya, Shanahan, Zajac and Gionta to come back. I understand though that Gionta hasnt produced the way he is supposed to and for the money he is paid. Might be good for a trade later down the road though. Its not like we haven't seen guys get good after getting traded before so someone might take a chance on him before or after deadline or maybe he will step up here who knows. As for Oduya he played great all year. Zajac became one of the best 2 way players on the team and Shanahan was a solid player this playoff year(short as it was) I would like to see him come back to play an entire season especially if we let madden go.

Must re-sign:

Madden

Oduya

Zajac

Gionta ($ permitting)

Havelid

Clemmensen ($ permitting)

PL3

Greene

Gone:

Holik

Rupp

Shanahan

Weekes

We need a CENTER in a Bad Way and a confident defender who can skate or pass the puck out of the zone without panicking.

UFA's:

Gionta- If he will re-up for 4 for 1 or 2 years or take a little discount for a longer term deal, let him stay.

Madden- Thanks for the memories but please leave.

Holik- Not gonna say anything bad about the guy but there's really no reason to have him here.

Rupp- Should be replaced by a younger player with speed.

Shanahan- Re-sign if he wants the same deal or cheaper. Great vet presence and chips in here and then.

Oduya- Lock him up!!!!

Havelid- Sometimes she wants a house with kids and a dog and he wants an apartment in the city with a view and a bar. Not a good fit.

Clemmensen- If he gets a deal over 1.5 mil somewhere let him go. Otherwise I wouldn't mind him playing 25 games per year.

Weekes- Capable backup but has injury issues... Keep or let walk depending on Clemmer

RFA's:

Zajac- Lock him UP!!!!

PL3- Min deal maybe to replace Rupper.

Greene- Depends... if they can get a viable replacement then sure...

I really hope the Devils make a serious run at Cammalleri... It might be expensive but they can get Madden, Holik, and Havlid off the books and maybe afford him..

Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner

Elias-Cammalleri-Gionta

That would be great.

Off topic but i didnt think i deserved its own thread:

Anyone looking to rebuild through the draft this year the lowest we can draft is 25th the highest is 22nd. All depends on how the remaining division champions do the season.