Ricky Williams fails ANOTHER drug test

MadDog2020

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2867381

Well, Ricky's done it again. I have nothing against smoking weed, as I used to be a regular toker myself and still smoke from time to time, but it's obvious he could care less about football or he would've done anything possible to quit. And I know his anxiety disorder plays into it too, so I guess it's harder for him- I don't know. :noclue: Thank God we drafted Lorenzo Booker in the 3rd round to back up Ronnie Brown.

You don't say. :doh1: Like this is a shock to anyone? :rolleyes: Looks like Ricky is done with the Dolphins and the NFL. Why would they ever want to re-instate him? :noclue: Bye bye Ricky. Saw this on the bottom line on ESPN News and was not suprised.

Waste? What do you mean waste? I hope he is back with my Argos next year, up here where lighting up every once in a while doesn't mean you lose your job....

Now if only Toronto would dump that has-been Damon Allen, we'd be cookin' with gas.

Waste? What do you mean waste? I hope he is back with my Argos next year, up here where lighting up every once in a while doesn't mean you lose your job....

Now if only Toronto would dump that has-been Damon Allen, we'd be cookin' with gas.

Don, he could've been one of the greatest RB's of all-time- he has elite-level talent. The CFL is a minor league and I think you know this. Considering the guy could've been a HOF'er and one of the great NFL players ever, it's a gigantic waste.

See, that's where this gets confusing. People south of the border say that Williams is the elite of the elite of the NFL. People south of the border say that the CFL is a minor pittance compared to the NFL. If those two things are true, then why did Williams struggle most of last year? He was 8th in the league in rushing yards... he most certainly wasn't the best RB in the CFL last year. Now, okay, you can blame the Toronto offensive line, but that doesn't explain John Avery who had a 5.3 yards/attempt compared to Williams 4.8. This NFL super-star was on the bench while Avery, an ex-Vikings kick returner was carrying the heavy load.

Now, I still want Williams back on the Argos. Having a 1-2 punch in the backfield is always a bonus. And I have to think that there is *SOMETHING* to all the hype.

But if he is an all-time great running back playing in a minor league, shouldn't he have been able to break all the league records on one leg?

See, that's where this gets confusing. People south of the border say that Williams is the elite of the elite of the NFL. People south of the border say that the CFL is a minor pittance compared to the NFL. If those two things are true, then why did Williams struggle most of last year? He was 8th in the league in rushing yards... he most certainly wasn't the best RB in the CFL last year. Now, okay, you can blame the Toronto offensive line, but that doesn't explain John Avery who had a 5.3 yards/attempt compared to Williams 4.8. This NFL super-star was on the bench while Avery, an ex-Vikings kick returner was carrying the heavy load.

Now, I still want Williams back on the Argos. Having a 1-2 punch in the backfield is always a bonus. And I have to think that there is *SOMETHING* to all the hype.

But if he is an all-time great running back playing in a minor league, shouldn't he have been able to break all the league records on one leg?

c'mon now, don. surely you see the fallacy in your argument, which rests on the supposition that ricky williams cares a great deal about football. if he did, he'd be in the NFL in the top 10 in rushing most seasons - i don't think williams would've been an all-time great. but he has problems and his first priority lately has not been football, so it's not surprising that he's struggling.

also avery was a very high draft pick - there was always talent there.

Edited by Triumph

If he didn't care about football, then why was he the first guy in the weight room in the morning? Why did he show up to all the optional practices with the third stringers?

That's what surprised me the most about Williams. He didn't come in here with an attitude and an ego. He worked his tail off to be one of the guys. In a sense, he seemed, well, mellow. He didn't skip practice thinking he was better than these guys. He didn't walk around with his nose in the air - the whole team loved him.

And maybe that is it right there. There was no fire in the belly. Sure, he is likely the strongest man in the CFL. He still has legs like tree trunks. Sure, he can run like the wind. But it takes some moxy to run over people and push people into the ground.

If that is true, I don't know if I like what that says about football as a game. "You have to be an arrogant dick to get ahead". But that's what it seemed like - the effort, the talent, the strength was all there. But he couldn't shake tackles when I know he could have run right through somebody. He was diving to the right or the left rather than running someone half his size over.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

The other explanation would be that he was there to get back to the NFL. The training, the practices, and then going down rather than giving the extra effort and risking serious injury. That's always another possibility.

Edited by Don

I hadn't heard that, but I think that is good policy. I wouldn't want all the Joneses and Henrys to be seeking a paycheque north of the border.

I just don't think smoking marijuana is as wrong as what those other two have done. Or maybe that's just my self-justification for saying what the Argos did was good, but if anybody else did it then it is wrong. :P

Vinnie is absolutely correct:

"The CFL's board of governors adopted a code of conduct policy this off-season that prevents Canadian teams from signing players under suspension by the NFL" - Canada.com

Ah well, looks like Avery will be alone in the backfield this year.

Edited by Don

Well with all that being said Don, it appears that Ricky will have no choice but to go back and play for the Argos up there in Canada because he really burried himself here in the NFL and the US. I agree with MD2020 that Ricky could have been one of the top RB's in the NFL and it is a waste when it comes to the NFL.

I heard (on the radio?) that the CFL will be honouring NFL suspensions now.

The Ricky is all done together now if he cannot play there in Canada CFL league.

to me that sucks.. come on Canada --- it's just a little weed --- you got that growing in your back yard can't we go on a case by case basis. The guy didn't hurt the team and he was good for a while in the championship run yeah?

a friend at work got me into the CFL... WTF?? I'm getting all fired up and I hardly even follow the league -- btu I'm excited to this coming year... :saddevil: i gotta go get a life!