I'm starting a protest

roomtemp

You sir are wrong but are SO blinded by the game you do not have the stones to cancel your season tickets and go to JUST the games you WANT, if a good part of the STH did this IT WOULD make the impact you state the FANS can't make.

I know you are going to argue because you can not help yourself or maybe just with me but this is may last writing on this subject with you.

If you don't mind the Devils losing revenue and not being able to compete with larger market teams whose fans aren't going anywhere after the lockout is over, more power to you.

The best thing to do, at least if you're a season ticket holder, is to demand concessions for holding on to your season tickets. The Wild, to their credit, are offering their STH's refunds, plus ten percent interest, for all games that are cancelled.

Exactly.. If 100 Ranger or Flyer fans give up their seats in protest, 100 more people clamor to take their spot and give those teams their money.. If 100 Devils fans give up their tickets, the Devils now make less money relative to their biggest rivals

Hurting the Devils because you're mad at a frustrating situation is the definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face.. You're punishing the wrong party

Exactly.. If 100 Ranger or Flyer fans give up their seats in protest, 100 more people clamor to take their spot and give those teams their money.. If 100 Devils fans give up their tickets, the Devils now make less money relative to their biggest rivals

Hurting the Devils because you're mad at a frustrating situation is the definition of cutting off your nose to spite your face.. You're punishing the wrong party

The Devils players are part of the union as well and they make quite enough money as it is. If we miss a whole season yet again cause these fools on both sides are greedy then I and I'm sure others will stop spending as much money as we do right now or spend none at all to support any of these guys.

I've lived and died with this team since I was little but it gets to the point where enough is enough. The economy is sh!t right now and people are lucky to have jobs as it is. I really have 0 interest in hearing about these millionaires and billionaires complaining.

I could care less what Flyers or Rangers fans do but if we miss yet another entire season and playoffs there will be plenty of people deciding not to spend money supporting this league or this team and I don't blame them one bit and it doesn't make anyone less of a fan if they are tired of this nonsense.

I mean that's fine and I realize that your feelings may never change.. Certainly not during a frustrating lockout.. But whatever your reasons, the fact of the matter is that Devils fans dropping the team doesn't hurt the League a whole lot, not to mention that our rivals financial positions (and thus abilities to ice competitive teams) will go unchanged due to the mass of their fanbases and revenue streams.. It will, however, undoubtedly leave the NJ Devils in a worse financial position.. The largest impact of boycotting the Devils will absolutely be a negative one on the franchise.. While the impact of a few boycotting fans may still be small to the Devils, it will be obsolete to the other 29 teams and 700+ players also responsible for the lockout

So like I said, you have a right to be angry and act on it, I won't rob you and mail the check to Jeff.. I'm just outlining what the actual result of boycotting the Devils will be.. The greatest negative impact of boycotting the Devils due to your frustration with the lockout will be felt almost solely by the Devils, and it'll be a fart downwind to the rest of the league

Edited by Colin226

The Devils players are part of the union as well and they make quite enough money as it is. If we miss a whole season yet again cause these fools on both sides are greedy then I and I'm sure others will stop spending as much money as we do right now or spend none at all to support any of these guys.

I've lived and died with this team since I was little but it gets to the point where enough is enough. The economy is sh!t right now and people are lucky to have jobs as it is. I really have 0 interest in hearing about these millionaires and billionaires complaining.

I could care less what Flyers or Rangers fans do but if we miss yet another entire season and playoffs there will be plenty of people deciding not to spend money supporting this league or this team and I don't blame them one bit and it doesn't make anyone less of a fan if they are tired of this nonsense.

This exactly. At this time in this country, no one gives a DAMN about millionaire/billionaire problems. I allow myself the luxury of season tickets by working hard and setting aside some money for them because I enjoy watching hockey. But if this is what's going to happen once every 7 or 8 years, forget it. I'll just go to a couple of Albany games a year and save the money for my next mini-financial crisis hahaha.

This exactly. At this time in this country, no one gives a DAMN about millionaire/billionaire problems. I allow myself the luxury of season tickets by working hard and setting aside some money for them because I enjoy watching hockey. But if this is what's going to happen once every 7 or 8 years, forget it. I'll just go to a couple of Albany games a year and save the money for my next mini-financial crisis hahaha.

Agreed. I will be going to more Titans games this year.

In bold...things are a lot different in 2012 than they were 2004-5.

I think fans to an extent understood that 2004-5 was probably a necessary evil at the time, even though they were still annoyed by it, but now fans are reaching the "AGAIN?! Are you fvcking KIDDING ME?!" breaking point, just frustrated that millionaires and billionaires can't get their sh!t together. The league's credibility takes a big hit if they shut down for a second time...even some of the hardcore diehard types are going to say "fvck this"...they definitely won't stay away forever, not all of them, but maybe they don't go as much when they do come back...just think this one will leave a worse taste in lot of mouths that won't be as easily washed away. Two potentially lost seasons since 2004 is a joke.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

In bold...things are a lot different in 2012 than they were 2004-5.

I think fans to an extent understood that 2004-5 was probably a necessary evil at the time, even though they were still annoyed by it, but now fans are reaching the "AGAIN?! Are you fvcking KIDDING ME?!" breaking point, just frustrated that millionaires and billionaires can't get their sh!t together. The league's credibility takes a big hit if they shut down for a second time...even some of the hardcore diehard types are going to say "fvck this"...they definitely won't stay away forever, not all of them, but maybe they don't go as much when they do come back...just think this one will leave a worse taste in lot of mouths that won't be as easily washed away. Two potentially lost seasons since 2004 is a joke.

With cost certainty, this only matters in individual markets. The league as a whole will not 'suffer' - that is, their percentage of profits should be nearly the same as it is under the current system. Any losses they incur as a result of the lockout get passed right back on to the players, so other than fixed-type expenses like travel and arena rents rising relative to the revenues they'd make with fewer NHL fans, they'd do just fine. That's why the cost certainty model is so awful - it gives the owners an incentive to lock the players out.

Edited by Triumph

With cost certainty, this only matters in individual markets. The league as a whole will not 'suffer' - that is, their percentage of profits should be nearly the same as it is under the current system. Any losses they incur as a result of the lockout get passed right back on to the players, so other than fixed-type expenses like travel and arena rents rising relative to the revenues they'd make with fewer NHL fans, they'd do just fine. That's why the cost certainty model is so awful - it gives the owners an incentive to lock the players out.

I wasn't really talking about the league suffering from a financial standpoint...more that I don't think fans are going to be as quick to forgive and forget this time around, especially if another season is wiped out entirely. All would probably be forgiven if there's a '95-type season of 48 games or so, especially since 82 games is probably too many to begin with.