A plane crashed on September 22, 2004

metallidevils

I also agree that there's something about Jack...where he feels something is different...I just find it interesting that the writers decided to take this parallel timeline and change some significant things, Jack's haircut for example was near shaven in the pilot and now its not. I also find the fact that his drink spilled instead of him downing it like in the original timeline.

If I were to take an early guess I would say things are going to go very well for a select few, Hurley and Jack specifically, and they are going to realize that its not where they are supposed to be and they'll have to make a decision to merge or whatever with the island timeline...

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I'm confused is when it goes back to the plane why does Hurley say "I'm the luckiest man alive"? At first I thought it was a completely different alternate reality but Kate's still wanted, Charley still does Heroin, and Locke is still in a wheel chair? Why is Hurley Different?

Well one explanation could be that Kate was a con artist without the islands help, so to for Charlie's drugs, so to for Locke's legs being crap. Hurley, on the other hand, may have had the bad luck forced upon him by the island to set up the events that put him on the plane for the crash. Now Hurley may be on the plain because he just visited Sam, who also heard the numbers, because they celebrate their amazing luck from the numbers together because once the island went kaboom the numbers turned into something positive for the people who knows them.

It's really got like 30 years of divergent time in the non-crash universe so anything can go on in the non-crash universe, similar, semi-similar, dissimilar, and wildly dissimilar without being weird. So some people have lived the same lives and some peoples lives have changed, for example Desmond, he doesn't end up stuck on the island so now he is on the plane, perhaps flying back to the US to visit Penny?

Well one explanation could be that Kate was a con artist without the islands help, so to for Charlie's drugs, so to for Locke's legs being crap. Hurley, on the other hand, may have had the bad luck forced upon him by the island to set up the events that put him on the plane for the crash. Now Hurley may be on the plain because he just visited Sam, who also heard the numbers, because they celebrate their amazing luck from the numbers together because once the island went kaboom the numbers turned into something positive for the people who knows them.

It's really got like 30 years of divergent time in the non-crash universe so anything can go on in the non-crash universe, similar, semi-similar, dissimilar, and wildly dissimilar without being weird. So some people have lived the same lives and some peoples lives have changed, for example Desmond, he doesn't end up stuck on the island so now he is on the plane, perhaps flying back to the US to visit Penny?

Just going with that...I think there is a lot different. Hurley is clearly very lucky and probably never used those numbers he got from his friend to win the lottery. Arzt on the plane asks Hurley to do an Australian voice from the commercials, which we know is something he didn't do originally.

Also, I still think Locke is very different. He might be in a wheel chair but there is something much different about him. I think he went on the trip in Australia (although some people think he might have just lied), and when he talked to Jack after the flight, he was talking not like someone who was as broken and miserable as he once was, but a very confident and happy person who was at peace with the world.

As for Jack, he definitely senses that something is different. When he looked in the mirror, he certainly was confused and he did have a cut or a mark that he didn't seem to recognize.

Just going with that...I think there is a lot different. Hurley is clearly very lucky and probably never used those numbers he got from his friend to win the lottery. Arzt on the plane asks Hurley to do an Australian voice from the commercials, which we know is something he didn't do originally.

Also, I still think Locke is very different. He might be in a wheel chair but there is something much different about him. I think he went on the trip in Australia (although some people think he might have just lied), and when he talked to Jack after the flight, he was talking not like someone who was as broken and miserable as he once was, but a very confident and happy person who was at peace with the world.

As for Jack, he definitely senses that something is different. When he looked in the mirror, he certainly was confused and he did have a cut or a mark that he didn't seem to recognize.

Good point on Locke... he was more confident. I was so used to the new Locke I forgot how he was before the island.

I think locke was always more self loathing than impersonable...remember though originally locke was only on flight 815 because he couldnt go on the roundabout...had he gone he wouldve been in sydney 2 weeks longer...

Good point, but if things are different in this life, perhaps he left for the trip a few weeks earlier.

Or in this new reality, he still couldn't go but handled it better? Much like Hurley has a totally different attitude.

possibly so...I think its a little different though. Hurley's problems came directly from the lotto win and that came from the number which came from the island...Locke's problems stemmed from his daddy issues and all sorts which weren't really caused by the island.

I think as the season progresses we'll see some parallels in this new reality, for example Locke will walk again, only this time via Jack...

Ok so last seasson the episode was avaible at 12:01 A.M. Wednesday morning on the OnDemand on Comcast. last week the Episodes were only avaible OnDemand by the Weekend( Friday or saturday I Guess).

In Other hand Fios had the Episodes OnDemand on wednesday already this seasson.

So who is fodendo with us Comcast or ABC.?????

• 2 weeks later...

Last two episodes were pretty decent, I thought. ... Hope Sayid becomes a good guy again. And Claire too. ... Too bad Kate and Sawyer have become kind of lame. ... Miles has had some good one-liners. He's even funnier than Hurley. ... Where the hell is Desmond?

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so after last night, I've developed a new theory.

Jacob told Richard that the island was all that was keeping Smokey from leaving the island, which would then essentially create hell on earth. In the other reality where the plane doesn't crash, the island is destroyed. Therefore I think that all of the characters are in what they would consider their own personal hell:

Jack has a terrible relationship with his son, like his father had with him (though that was remedied at the end).

Kate gets caught.

Sawyer is a cop, which in the 1st plane of reality, he would hate himself for.

Locke is in his wheelchair.

Charlie's on drugs still.

Ben has no power that in the first reality he so desperately craves, though Alex is happy in the end.

Hurley has his money, though to be fair, he is very successful...which I think he would dislike in the first plane of reality

Jin and Sun are together, but their marriage is in shambles.

The Japanese guy from the temple lives in California, therefore he must speak English, which he has stated he dislikes because it feels dirty on his tongue (this may be a bit of a stretch).

So that's my new theory about the 2nd universe. What do you guys think?