It's a Man's Game (Devils Rangers 4/21/13)

Beetlebum

It's amazing how the hockey gods don't even give us all that much time to bask in the Henrique goal, the next year it looks like the Rags will eliminate us from playoff contention on their home ice.

or...they can win

Edited by '7'

It's amazing how the hockey gods don't even give us all that much time to bask in the Henrique goal, the next year it looks like the Rags will eliminate us from playoff contention on their home ice.

or...they can win

Pfffft, whatever with them eliminating us, we were eliminated a week ago- its nothing but a formality at this point. The only way for them to exact any measure of revenge on us is to beat us in the playoffs. They and their fans can suck my balls. Henrique Its Over lives forever. That said, beat these fvcking jerk-offs and make it harder for them to get in. LGD. Edited by MadDog2020

Pfffft, whatever with them eliminating us, we were eliminated a week ago- its nothing but a formality at this point. The only way for them to exact any measure of revenge on us is to beat us in the playoffs. They and their fans can suck my balls. Henrique Its Over lives forever. That said, beat these fvcking jerk-offs and make it harder for them to get in. LGD.

I had a similar epiphany today...does it really matter in the end if they beat us or they get in the playoffs by beating Florida?  It's just symbolic/ceremonial like us eliminating a cripple Carolina from the playoffs last year.  Doesn't erase '09 or the other postseason disasters.  I was just glad it didn't happen at home today.  It might happen at home Tuesday if we win Sunday, but I won't be there to care :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Pfffft, whatever with them eliminating us, we were eliminated a week ago- its nothing but a formality at this point. The only way for them to exact any measure of revenge on us is to beat us in the playoffs. They and their fans can suck my balls. Henrique Its Over lives forever. That said, beat these fvcking jerk-offs and make it harder for them to get in. LGD.

I had a similar epiphany today...does it really matter in the end if they beat us or they get in the playoffs by beating Florida? It's just symbolic/ceremonial like us eliminating a cripple Carolina from the playoffs last year. Doesn't erase '09 or the other postseason disasters. I was just glad it didn't happen at home today. It might happen at home Tuesday if we win Sunday, but I won't be there to care :P

Nothing done in the regular season EVER erases or makes up for anything that happens in the playoffs, especially when one team is basically crawling in on life support. But knowing what sh!t stains a lot of Ranger fans are, they'll probably have a parade through the Canyon of Heroes because they "eliminated" the Devils from the playoff contention. I'll will to bet a sizable percentage of these fvcking mongoloids will talk sh!t about it continually. Like anyone will remember it 5 (or even 2) years from now lol. Edited by MadDog2020

You guys are right...we beat Philly the other day and that eliminated them....but did anybody really notice? Nah, we were just happy to remain on the ventilator for another day

Lol, I didn't know we eliminated them until I read your post. So that should tell you what it meant, considering how much I hate the Phailures.

I had a similar epiphany today...does it really matter in the end if they beat us or they get in the playoffs by beating Florida?  It's just symbolic/ceremonial like us eliminating a cripple Carolina from the playoffs last year.  Doesn't erase '09 or the other postseason disasters.  I was just glad it didn't happen at home today.  It might happen at home Tuesday if we win Sunday, but I won't be there to care :P

Ooooooo, was that the 5-0 game in Carolina! That game was so much fun. :yay:

I agree with MadDog. Our playoff hopes are long gone - the goal that put the nail in our coffin was that empty netter from Toronto. That's when it became obvious it would basically take a miracle for us to make it and we should abandon hope. Tonight's game is all about the Rangers If they win tonight, it doesn't change much for us really - it's big for them, not for us. If we steal points from them, on the other hand... we can make their lives really difficult and then their (and our) final game of the regular season will probably be deciding for their playoff contention. So, there is pretty much nothing they could take away from us and a whole lot we can rob them of.

Nothing done in the regular season EVER erases or makes up for anything that happens in the playoffs, especially when one team is basically crawling in on life support.

Well, we probably won't remember too much about it 10 years from now, but if it comes down to the wire, then that game on April 27 is basically like a Game 7 of a playoff series for the Rangers - win and you go through to the next round or lose and your season is over. I'd say that's big enough for me and I'll tell you this much: I'd be pissed big time if we were in 8th spot all the time just to lose it in a Rangers game on the final day of the season.

So, I'm pumped for tonight... LGD!!!!! :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:

Devils are toast for sure, but I'm all for beating the Rangers, just because.  LGD!

I care not for the implications of this match on the playoff picture etc. Its a game against the Rangers, therefore it is a must win, no matter what the circumstances. Beating these a$$holes always matters, be it pre season or game 7. Get the win boys.