The Official "2012 Playoffs Excitement" Thread

Colin226

I think the only team below a #4 seed to win the Cup was the '95 Devils, and they were a #5 in a shortened season, a year after being the second best team in the NHL, so it's not mutually exclusive. Maybe over a round or two, but talent eventually takes over.

I just double checked and yea you're right, Devils are the only ones to do it. There have been numerous other lower seeds to make it to the finals though but they never won.

Yeah all that makes sense.

But perhaps there is some latent talent (like clutchness or "toughness"), and teams that accumulate points using this ability (instead of another talent like "goal scoring in open space") are more likely to succeed in the postseason. People have theorized this for many years, they may just be projecting and using 20/20 hindsight but it may exist.

do they have google out in LA? i suggest you type in the words boston and racist and do some homework.

I'll do better than that - I lived there for 18 years - hows that?

Type the words "jersey" and "forget about it" or "italian" in Google and what happens?

Is everyone in NJ an Italian stereotype on a reality show?

Get out and live someplace before your perceive to judge it.

This flawed logic that the GOOGLE is some encyclopedic source of truth speaks volumes.

Top remaining seed vs bottom remaining seed and so on.

Assuming we win:

Rags win = Rags vs Caps, NJ vs Philly.

Sens win = Philly (top remaining seed) vs Sens, NJ vs Caps.

It's 1 vs 7 and 5 vs 6

or

5 vs 8 and 6 vs 7.

I just hope the sens can win then hahaha. That's wut I thought but yahoo had it who ever wins this game goes against Philly and then who ever wins rags game goes against the caps

---

I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?gljuqh

I'll do better than that - I lived there for 18 years - hows that?

Type the words "jersey" and "forget about it" or "italian" in Google and what happens?

Is everyone in NJ an Italian stereotype on a reality show?

Get out and live someplace before your perceive to judge it.

This flawed logic that the GOOGLE is some encyclopedic source of truth speaks volumes.

then you should know better now shouldnt you?

sorry that you are so blind to a place you called home for 18 years but Boston has had a reputation for being a racist community for decades upon decades.

and yes google can be your friend when you want factual information. if you know where to look for it that is.

then you should know better now shouldnt you?

sorry that you are so blind to a place you called home for 18 years but Boston has had a reputation for being a racist community for decades upon decades.

and yes google can be your friend when you want factual information. if you know where to look for it that is.

No more than any other city. Did I ever encounter prejudice living in the area? - sure. Just like every other city I lived in such as Dallas, Middletown, Los Angeles, and others. There are always those people.

You want to spread some sort of rumor based on some place you've never experienced 1st hand - sounds kind of silly to me. Live some where and get to know it before you judge it.

Tell me what part of Boston? Or is it all the same to you? (He's Googling now folks) Southy? Jamaica Plains? Somerville? Roxbury? Malden? Cambridge? Back Bay? They are all different communities with varying demographics. But then again - what do I know - after all its in a Google article somewhere....

There's so much wrong with this blanket statement that I don't know where to begin.

Edited by DevilinLA

And btw, the Bruins dominated us and the Sens in the regular season but the Caps beat them three of four. I know you don't believe there's any carryover to the postseason (and I don't think there's much carryover in non division matchups either), but with the way the Devils have played this series the Bruins would have smoked us regardless and they probably would have beaten Ottawa too.

The Bruins played the Devils during Boston's hottest period of the season when they were the best team in hockey. Lucic specifically played like an animal and Krejci was a wizard in those games against the Devils. Along with Marchand both were on milk cartons in the playoffs and are receiving the lion's share of the blame right now in Boston.

No more than any other city. Did I ever encounter prejudice living in the area? - sure. Just like every other city I lived in such as Dallas, Middletown, Los Angeles, and others. There are always those people.

You want to spread some sort of rumor based on some place you've never experienced 1st hand - sounds kind of silly to me. Live some where and get to know it before you judge it.

Tell me what part of Boston? Or is it all the same to you? (He's Googling now folks) Southy? Jamaica Plains? Somerville? Roxbury? Malden? Cambridge? Back Bay? They are all different communities with varying demographics. But then again - what do I know - after all its in a Google article somewhere....

There's so much wrong with this blanket statement that I don't know where to begin.

since you feel like arguing and acting condescending (not the first time) to the views of others theres a few members in the boston thread a few threads down from here that share similiar views about boston. i guess they used google too.

since you feel like arguing and acting condescending (not the first time) to the views of others theres a few members in the boston thread a few threads down from here that share similiar views about boston. i guess they used google too.

You called out the city - I simply disagreed with your opinion. Is that not allowed ?

You're basically calling a whole geographic group of people racists - that's a heavy charge to go unchecked - simply because a handful of folks on a message board think so and an article from a Harvard paper. How many of those folks actually lived there long enough to base an opinion.

RE: "condescending" - You called me out "for not knowing about Google all the way out in LA", and then being "so blind from living there".

I suppose if my screename was DevilTrenton - we wouldn't even be having this conversation?

Again, a Google search brings up a lot of things - remember everyone is allowed to use the internet - not all of which is fact - people have differing opinions.

My personal experience is that I've found far more prejudice in other places I lived than Boston.

Again, I think if someone leveled this kind of charge (or something similar) against someplace in Jersey - folks here would be rightfully upset - and I would be more inclined to believe those who have spent some time in the place - rather than some online article (i.e. the NY Post is a great example of poorly-written, biased journalism that paints an inaccurate picture of what NJ Fans and NJ Hockey is all about).

Regardless, this is not a day for an argument like this - lets agree to disagree and focus on common ground - lets beat those Panthers! :cheers:

in a series where gaborik and richards were nearly invisible they'll win it. two ranger goals scored by defenseman tonight. their defense has contributed all season including a player deemed not good enough for the devils. you arent going to go deep in the playoffs without contributions from your defense and this is the biggest problem with the devils.

Is that so? I guess you missed game 5 when the rangers had a 2-0 lead and then lost 3-2 :whistling:

ottawa isnt doing that twice, nor are they winning 3 games in that building. the nyr will play 4 men back for the 3rd period and put it in the hands of huge pads to win it as they've done all year.

ottawas chance came and went in game 6 when the officials handed it to the rangers.

Edited by hockey3893498