The Official "2012 Playoffs Excitement" Thread

Colin226

the rangers go as big pads goes. he's been on since they came back from Europe in october. if they had to rely on biron for any stretch of time theyd be down in the bottom 4. how many games has this team really been out of all year? i find it amazing that they can still play at the level they do and not slowed down. youd think the wall is coming up for them to hit and they just keep going. thats why i beleive theyll win the cup. they look beatable and can be exploited at times but they just keep going and find ways to win.

ugh come on caps...longer this goes the less it favors the caps imo. add in that the rangers/big pads are due for an ot win...

I don't mind this... it's going to keep both teams tired. Imagine an OT in each or every other of following games. We may have to face that team after. :evil:

Edited by gata

at least we wont have to hear about ovechkin only playing like 10 minutes again

hes also got a golden chance to be a hero and step up and win his team a series. this is a make or break spring for him i think if he wants to take his palce back among the best in the world.

the rangers go as big pads goes. he's been on since they came back from Europe in october. if they had to rely on biron for any stretch of time theyd be down in the bottom 4. how many games has this team really been out of all year? i find it amazing that they can still play at the level they do and not slowed down. youd think the wall is coming up for them to hit and they just keep going. thats why i beleive theyll win the cup. they look beatable and can be exploited at times but they just keep going and find ways to win.

it's a third of the way through, a little more, and they're already hitting the wall. keep in mind they're playing the 8 seed and the 7 seed and every game is a fight to the death

it's a third of the way through, a little more, and they're already hitting the wall. keep in mind they're playing the 8 seed and the 7 seed and every game is a fight to the death

id be more confident if the penguins were waiting around for them. i just dont think the flyers or the devils can knock them off. theyre getting all they can handle with 7th and 8th but 5th and 4th are good draws too. consider they owned the flyers all year and you just cant be confident with the devils and lundqvist.

I always love how twisted TOI numbers get in marathon games:

McDonagh has 54 shifts for 48:02 TOI - 43:09 at EV.

Staal has 56 shifts for 42:41 TOI - 41:53 at EV.

Bickel hasn't played since the 2nd, has just 3 shifts all game for 3:24.

well at least thats more wear and tear on their top paring. im not counting washington out of the series entirely losing this game and i hope they can play more taxing minutes on their d. sooner or later the rangers d are going to have to feel it from the way they play i hope.

That may be true...but the Rangers have more heart than any team I've seen in a long time. They play every game like it's Game 7 and haven't crashed yet.

That may be true...but the Rangers have more heart than any team I've seen in a long time. They play every game like it's Game 7 and haven't crashed yet.

If they can sustain this over the 26-27 games they'd end up playing, more power to them. It's insanity. Although it's funny, look at the TOI for forwards in this game, it's hilarious how much we overplay Kovalchuk. He would have gotten around 45 in this game

I don't think they have any more or less heart than any of the teams remaining this year. The Rags are probably the best in the league at blocking shots, offensively they're nothing special...won't see much pretty tick-tack-toe goals out of them. I don't think they're a tough team, but they're not a bunch of mites getting pushed around either. They're just getting by right now playing teams that are definitely a cut below them. I think their luck will run out should they run into us or Philly in the next round.