New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id be pissed, He is fun to watch but so is the circus,,in a twisted kind of way :rolleyes:

after all the great posts here I have realized what a non team plater type he is, yes he will put people in seats but I would much rather have cups.. IMO

Oh no, I didn't mean to imply explode in overwhelming support necessarily

(N)Єverson is created a transition article to cover for his original false report

and (N)Єverson writes a lot of "transition" articles.

So far it seems the "sources" to the kings almost having a deal in place are the NY post and Ecklund. So again just more speculation I guess... but who knows. Just want him to sign already like everyone else. I almost do not want him on the Devils, he is obviously all about the money.

How do you see this as true?

Id be pissed, He is fun to watch but so is the circus,,in a twisted kind of way :rolleyes:

after all the great posts here I have realized what a non team plater type he is, yes he will put people in seats but I would much rather have cups.. IMO

on what pages did he post? I must have missed it.

I don't get how someone can change their opinion of a player on 2 weeks of rumors. It's like how some fans feel a team will miss the playoffs after a loss or win the cup after a win, in november.

Oh no, Red team won today, we need Kaberle and trade Corrente, Tedenby and Josefson to get him. They're soft cause they missed the last prospects scrimmage.

This early Stienbrenneresque(I totally understood hockily) mentality is the reason I give up on most fan message boards after short stints.

Not directed at any one particular person.

Directed at one person, Pk, Think?

I simply know I'm crazy, no thinking needed.

If Lou was smart he'd start making moves, essentially ensuring #17 to LA. Then they can thanks us by trading us Simmonds or say a Drew Doughty. Even steven.

For whom?

EDIT: As in, for who should lou make moves for now. Not who we could trade to LA.

Edited by Devsfan118

....I somehow want to reference the South Park episode where Japanese whalers kill off all the dolphins (seeing as the video took place in Japan, obviously)...but am not sure how to go about doing it without being offensive...

...I guess I just did didn't I :noclue:

Oh no, Red team won today, we need Kaberle and trade Corrente, Tedenby and Josefson to get him. They're soft cause they missed the last prospects scrimmage.

:giggle: I was skimming and just read this part at first and started in with the :argh:

then I saw who posted it and went back and actually read the post :giggle:

@PetrosAndMoney Kovi looks done 15 yrs 80 mil. Structure being finished. Kings-m

Hard to believe he'd take that small of a contract. $5.33 cap hit.

15 years takes him until he's 42, i doubt he plays past 39, so just load up the first 12 years.

how about this?

10 8 6 8 8 7.5 7 7 6 5 4 2 .5 .5 .5

which i think works.

the .5 in the middle is funny. I doubt they would go that low though, just a guess because I wonder if the base league salary goes up by then. I don't know if the fact the has signed a contract already would mean it doesnt matter though.

For whom?

EDIT: As in, for who should lou make moves for now. Not who we could trade to LA.

Yeah, I hope you understood my LA proposal was in jest. It is pretty obvious the Devils have 2 choices. 1- stand pat and go to war with a mediocre squad or 2)Once again, give up some youth and $$$ salaries to make a trade. That's really it. The only x factor in my mind would be shipping off Clarkson.

The Devils need(along with the 29 other teams)a finisher(Spezza) and a puck moving defensemen(Kaberle). If we could chuck Marc Savard in there too, that would be great. HAHAHAHAHAHA. I know, I know. I am a few beers into the weekend.

For me we need a puck moving Defensemen and for me we don't absolutely need to get Kaberle to have one.Trade for Brent Burns as I said in another thread or another PMD of his trade value and then we need to think about a RW.

I don't think Frolov is a good idea,we got a supposedly attitude player (Langs) in the locker room and everybody wants to trade him so we don't want Frolov who is tagged as an Attitude player.

Our best solution might be putting Josefson on the third line and put Zubrus as RW on the second line.

Yeah, I hope you understood my LA proposal was in jest. It is pretty obvious the Devils have 2 choices. 1- stand pat and go to war with a mediocre squad or 2)Once again, give up some youth and $$$ salaries to make a trade. That's really it. The only x factor in my mind would be shipping off Clarkson.

The Devils need(along with the 29 other teams)a finisher(Spezza) and a puck moving defensemen(Kaberle). If we could chuck Marc Savard in there too, that would be great. HAHAHAHAHAHA. I know, I know. I am a few beers into the weekend.

Cheers friend :cheers:

@helenenothelen nothing--repeat nothing--is finalized yet btween kings and kovalchuk, club official says. still issues to be settled, apparently over bonus/salary in 2012-13 season and maybe over no trade/no movement clauses and how deep into the deal a clause would kick in.

@TheFourthPeriod Spoke to a very well placed source. There is no deal for kovy and kings. Reports, I'm told, are untrue.