The I Hate Pierre Mcguire Thread

JakeDev

This is fantastic and just shows how perception of an announcer can not only take things they say the wrong way but also make stuff up. By the way this was Pierre McGuire's quote:

"Then a skillful play by Ponikarovsky. Not an easy thing to do in a warm building on bad ice in overtime on your backhand."

And he was right. The ice was awful and it was a heck of a play by Pony to hammer home a quick rebound that is bouncing on his backhand.

The comment irked me... It felt more like he was calling out The Rock than complimenting Poni.

The comment irked me... It felt more like he was calling out The Rock than complimenting Poni.

Again, when you hate an announcer, you can't see clearly. We all saw the ice was terrible all night. He was giving credit to Pony while watching the replay how skillful that play was as the puck was bouncing. There is nothing else to the comment no matter what anyone here wants to think. It was just a great play by Poni and Kovy. Let me guess...right before when he said "Ilya Kovalchuk working some magic"...that was also an insult/

I have listened (unfortunately) Pierre McGuire for years, and he has shown nothing but incredible respect for the New Jersey Devils.

Earthworm-Jim-earthworm-jim-877244_226_460.jpg

BRIERE IS THE BEST PLAYOFF PLAYER IN THE HISTORY OF THE NATIONAL HOCKEY LEAGUE, EVER, EVER.

Groovy, lol. Oh Sega Genesis, I miss you so. On topic, I always thought Pierre looked more like a pecker with glasses than Earthworm Jim, although the eyes are dead. Could pitch a Earthworm Jim movie and cast Pierre as the lead, lololol.

I have no problem with the guy. He's a color commentator, so he's basically born to be hated - everybody hates people who feel the need to fill all the empty space in conversation - he's just paid for it. I think if we all left our devils inferiority/superiority complexes at the door his commentary wouldn't seem so bad.

I had never seen the can-rus video, though... Talk about not being able to judge the room temperature. It's too bad the play by play guy didn't have his hand close enough to pierre's cough button to keep him from stepping on that one.

Oh, and the long stick video was super weird. But, on the other hand, if i was on camera all the time i'm sure you'd be able to find some doozies on me.

Even listening to bits and pieces of the tape last night, you pick up goofiness, like when that shot that Brodeur dove for and missed hit the post, Albert correctly said it hit the post and Pierre thought it was a great save by Marty, then admitted Albert got it right after seeing a replay - but when Albert said he could hear the ping, Pierre said he couldn't hear anything down there. Bear in mind, Pierre's at ice level and Albert's in the Fire Lounge. How does HE hear the post and Pierre not?

I ran into Pierre after the game on the sidewalk. He was running to his car and he seemed to be in a rush. I just yelled "Hey hey Pierre!". He was kind enough to slow down and say "hows it going boys" to me and my friend. So he was nice and one very noticeable person lol.

I hated Pierre a few days ago... but I give him props for lines like "the aggressive forecheck of the Devils is frustrating the Flyers". I hope these NBC guys will continuously harp on "the aggressive forecheck of the Devils" so maybe, at least amongst more serious hockey fans, the whole "trap" reputation will fade a little bit.

I really have no problem with Pierre:

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30894&view=findpost&p=464294

However, I will say this. Most people either love or hate him. Because he isn't BLAND. He says some really crazy sh!t and has some really odd idiosyncrasies, but he isn't boring like the people CBC sometimes have calling the games.

I really have no problem with Pierre:

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=30894&view=findpost&p=464294

However, I will say this. Most people either love or hate him. Because he isn't BLAND. He says some really crazy sh!t and has some really odd idiosyncrasies, but he isn't boring like the people CBC sometimes have calling the games.

My favorite word he uses is 'Apoplectic'...'John Totorella is apoplectic on the bench!.'

He was at it again last night: Never mentioned what the Devils did right. Only what the Flyers did wrong. And if the Flyers started to get momentum, he was in heaven. Then when the Devils turned it around-- 'this and that is what the Flyers need to do.' F- that d**k with ears.

Yes. He does that. But during the game, all he does is lament and whine. Almost never mentions the Devils.

Yea, he seems much more objective on the radio. Must be the "hot" Rock that screws him up!

Yea, he seems much more objective on the radio. Must be the "hot" Rock that screws him up!

Well, obviously you should put two and two together there. There is a massive conflict of interest, of course it's good for the NHL because they get alot of money for their TV rights, but there's still a conflict of interest.