2008 - 09 NFL playoffs thread!

overtime98

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We will keep flying under the radar each week, by the Superbowl they will know us.

Yeah man, congrats on the win. Your defense really beat us up and forced key turnovers. If Baltimore keeps playing like that on defense, you guys could be headed for Tampa.

Thanks MD. You guys had a lot to be proud of this year and for years to come (love Joey Porter). We forced Chad into playing our game by making sure you could not run the ball.

I also think we got lucky, when Ray Lewis blitzed on the reverse and nailed Chad before he was ready. I was already seeing another late game 4Q meltdown with the D being on the field too long.

If anything our offense needs to step-it-up. Flacco did not play well, but also had the composure NOT to turn the ball over by forcing the play. If our offense doesn't show up next week, we are done.

But I am confident we can beat Tennessee. We beat them earlier this year, before the refs handed the Titans the win.

Either way, I don't see us losing to anyone.....acccept the dreaded Steelers.

Thanks MD. You guys had a lot to be proud of this year and for years to come (love Joey Porter). We forced Chad into playing our game by making sure you could not run the ball.

I also think we got lucky, when Ray Lewis blitzed on the reverse and nailed Chad before he was ready. I was already seeing another late game 4Q meltdown with the D being on the field too long.

If anything our offense needs to step-it-up. Flacco did not play well, but also had the composure NOT to turn the ball over by forcing the play. If our offense doesn't show up next week, we are done.

But I am confident we can beat Tennessee. We beat them earlier this year, before the refs handed the Titans the win.

Either way, I don't see us losing to anyone.....acccept the dreaded Steelers.

The bottom line is this: if you ball like that on defense, you guys are going to the Bowl. That was a sick job on defense. I think you'll be able to get the running game going with McClain and McGahee and wear down that Tennesee front 7 if they don't have Haynesworth. I see you guys having a great shot to win this week. As far as our game, Chad made a couple of throws he shouldn't have, but the second Reed INT was a play only an Ed Reed can make- just an incredible read, no pun intended. That guy is the best ballhawk I've ever seen.

Ravens look really good...but Ill say this about Miami: Yes, great turnaround....yes 1 win to 11...but remember, that schedule was as soft as a pillow...we are who we thought they were IMO...but the Dolphins will get better in 2009 and beyond...so that is something to keep an eye on.

I am sorry, but I am just not buying into the Eagles hype machine right now. The Giants are home, will have Jacobs ready to roll, and I have to feel Eli will have a better game this time around against the Eagles. Plus, I still see Andy Reid $alivating over the pass and self destructing the Eagles...and Andy...shave dammit! 31-13 G-Men.

Same with the Chargers....too much defense...too much Stillers at home...Pittsburgh 24-17

but most of all...

GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by LOTCB

You might want to buy a new crystal ball :P

:lol: I know 0 for fvcking four. I'm picking the Eagles next week, if you catch my drift :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:

I had a feeling the Giants would be facing the Eagles. Too many Eagle fans are talking crap to me today already, I hope the Giants destroy these pretenders to the throne. McNabb and Co. will be broken up soon as Philly rebuilds.

I agree 100% DM. Can't wait for that temporary re-marriage between McNabb and Philthy to go down the sh!tter when Mathias Kiwanuka and Justin Tuck put him on his back 5 times. :dance:

Ed Reed Being Ed Reed

By ANDREW DAS

Ravens safety Ed Reed led the N.F.L. with nine interceptions this season, an impressive feat considering he had only one in his first 10 games. But closing strong is nothing new for Reed.

His two-interception performance against the Dolphins last Sunday was his fifth such effort in Baltimore

Ravens look really good...but Ill say this about Miami: Yes, great turnaround....yes 1 win to 11...but remember, that schedule was as soft as a pillow...we are who we thought they were IMO...but the Dolphins will get better in 2009 and beyond...so that is something to keep an eye on.

Point conceded: Miami will get San Diego, Tennessee, the NFC South, and AFC North next year. And yeah, they have some pieces missing, most notably a second pash rushing presence, probably an OLB, a #1 corner, and depth at WR. A lot will be told on 1) Who is GM and 2) what kind of moves they can make. I'd LOVE to see Asimougha (sp?) come from Oakland to Miami (according to everything I've seen, he's a UFA, but I'm willing to bet Oakland will be working to keep him). But as long as people look at this as a stepping stone year and not "We Have Arrived", we'll be OK.

:lol: I know 0 for fvcking four. I'm picking the Eagles next week, if you catch my drift :koolaid: :koolaid: :koolaid:

I agree 100% DM. Can't wait for that temporary re-marriage between McNabb and Philthy to go down the sh!tter when Mathias Kiwanuka and Justin Tuck put him on his back 5 times. :dance:

But, isn't putting someone on their back part of what keeps a marriage working? :whistling:

Point conceded: Miami will get San Diego, Tennessee, the NFC South, and AFC North next year. And yeah, they have some pieces missing, most notably a second pash rushing presence, probably an OLB, a #1 corner, and depth at WR. A lot will be told on 1) Who is GM and 2) what kind of moves they can make. I'd LOVE to see Asimougha (sp?) come from Oakland to Miami (according to everything I've seen, he's a UFA, but I'm willing to bet Oakland will be working to keep him). But as long as people look at this as a stepping stone year and not "We Have Arrived", we'll be OK.

I think Parcells will stay in Miami (but will probably renegotiate based on his out clause). I think the Dolphins will only get better as people grow accustomed to the offense and builds off a solid D foundation.

Slow and steady wins the race.

What gives is me working two other jobs on top of my own and the one idiot being on vacation this week and me having to run his business :P

(I wrote up last week AND gave end of season awards!)

I'll do a preview in the morning... or afternoon... depending on when I wake up

I may even pick the Ravens to spite you!!!

What gives is me working two other jobs on top of my own and the one idiot being on vacation this week and me having to run his business :P

(I wrote up last week AND gave end of season awards!)

I'll do a preview in the morning... or afternoon... depending on when I wake up

I may even pick the Ravens to spite you!!!

It better be in a new thread. I mean we had a differet thread for each week of the season. No reason to put it all in one thread now.

It better be in a new thread. I mean we had a differet thread for each week of the season. No reason to put it all in one thread now.

I guess

but see if people hadn't jumped the gun I'd have named the thread proper and not dubbed it the NFL playoff thread :)

here I'll put it in here and in it's own thread so people can be happy :P

The NFL's Final Four begins in a few short hours... snow... wind.. bad weather... teams to root against...

yeah that's about all ya need in the playoffs ain't it?? You know who's playing... you know what's at stake

so might as well just get to it!!! Bring on REMATCH WEEK!

Saturday January 10:

Ravens at Titans (430pm):

This tells ya all you need to know about these two teams and what CBS thinks of them to stuff them in the who cares "let's hope it snows a ton in the North East and people are trapped and watch this one"... then again if I'm the Titans and I've been the best team in the league most of the year this MOTIVATES the hell out of me... and the Ravens can talk all the sh!t they want at this point, if they stop and look they gotta be saying "what the hell are we doing here??".... the Ravens game is all about not screwing it up... run the ball and play bunches of defense.... guess what, the Titans do that too... and I seriously think people are taking the Titans for granted here.... there is pressure on them... and more so Kerry Collins (we all remember that glorious effort in the Super Bowl against this team right??)... this could be the last big chance for him.... ever.

It's gonna be close...it's gonna be ugly... but hopefully it's violent and pounding (I think Pitt and San Diego hope so too)... should be a fun game to watch but first team to double digits is gonna win.... and I can't go against the Titans.... even without Kevin Mawae (probably means Lendale White gets eaten instead of doing the eating today... but he's HUNGRY!!!)... I think you'll get your money's worth here....

Prediction: Titans to win, Ravens to cover

Game Quality: *** 1/2

Arizona at Carolina (8pm):

Talk about a team that's gotta be waking up and going :blink: :blink: .... I guess when you pray to Jesus as much as Kurt Warner does.... it eventually gets answered eh?? No Boludlin.... 0-5 on the better coast, weather

a small factor... 10 MPH winds... but not like it's the part of NYC that still is in the middle of Jersey or something....

and yes I am sitting here trying to make a case for Arizona... Super Bowl MVP at QB... good line play last week... but yeah... NO.... there's no way in hell Arizona matches up in this game... they won't run the ball, they lose a MAJOR playmaker and Carolina like the Titans has a LOT to prove here and get to where they should be next week... they're gonna run the ball early and often and the only way Arizona wins is if DelHomme has a game like he did against the Raiders.... don't see that happening here....

Prediction: Carolina to win AND cover

Game Quality: **

Sunday January 11:

Eagles at the State-Confused Giants (1pm)

(I dunno I just feel like getting on it lately... I think it was hearing the "come see the NY Saints lacrosse team play in the Prudential Center" that set me off)

Well this one is gonna be everything you expect from NFC East playoff football... bad weather... pounding... nasty defenses, epic winds... snow... you name it!! The weather will obviously be HUGE here and help the D because ain't no one gonna be more then 10 yards off the line of scrimmage (not even punt returners :P)

This one is maybe the easiest game to make a case for the road team... they have the best player on the field in Westbrook and when he's on McNabb is the 2nd best one... they have dangerous playmakers, and they are not only not afraid to play up the turnpike... they won here a few weeks ago! Anytime a road team can negate home field... that's kinda big.....

as for the Giants... they're rested (how was Cabo guys? CMON... you know you went...), Brandon Jacobs SHOULD be healthy (least no one is saying otherwise... to be honest no one is saying ANYTHING)... and if Jacobs is healthy and can GO in this kinda weather that should be the difference....this could be of the 13-10 type as well.... neither QB loves the swirling winds and there's gonna be a lotta 8 or 9 in the box today....

Prediction: Giants to win, Eagles to cover

Game Quality: ****

Chargers at Steelers (430pm)

Again you got the Bad Coast team coming East here and into the nasty... whatever weather we get here it's usually WORSE in Pittsburgh, and with no Tomlinson.... I mean I love Darren Sproles and all... but he ain't no way enough....the Chargers are still a weird team that responds when they are backed up, and Phillip Rivers is one tough ass damn kid....and San Diego's defense will pressure Ben... EVERYONE pressures Ben (he's been sacked 200 times in his 5 year career :blink: )

But on the other hand... you have a healthy Willie Parker... a defense that is not gonna fall for the screen pass.... and home field and THEIR type of weather game.....

Yeah this one is pretty easy to figure out... only way San Diego wins is by out coaching and Darren Sproles being amazing (and it's not a stretch to say Norv can out-coach Tomlin in a playoff game)

I'm gonna root like hell for San Diego... but I can't pick them....

Prediction: Steelers and the cover

Game Quality: ***