‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

I think what a lot of people around here are frustrated with is how Zach kept dropping subtle little hints about returning. In interviews after the season he would use "we" as if he were a member of the Devils and planned to continue being one. He told fans "don't worry" when they were chanting for him to come back at the rally that met the team bus. Zach made it sound like he was coming back when in fact it was more of a toss-up. I don't think people are mad at Zach for making a choice that is clearly his; it's just the hints he dropped to string Devils fans along, acting like he'd definitely be back. Now that we're seeing that there is a solid chance of him not returning, people are getting pissed at Zach's earlier actions.

What I think actually happened is that Zach is just not an intelligent person. He never realized how his comments would be seen by Devils fans and taken as a commitment to stay with the Devils. Yes, it's pretty clueless of him, but I don't think he had any ill-intent; he just didn't realize what he was dealing. He's dealing with the backlash of these comments and will be for the rest of his career if he decides to leave but it's probably not a big deal to him.

Or it could be fans looking way to much into every word a player says.

Or it could be fans looking way to much into every word a player says.

But that's what fans do. An intelligent player would be aware of that and watch what he says if he doesn't want to break the hearts of thousands of fans (not that it's his responsibility to do that, just a nice courtesy).

But that's what fans do. An intelligent player would be aware of that and watch what he says if he doesn't want to break the hearts of thousands of fans (not that it's his responsibility to do that, just a nice courtesy).

Hm? He's going to break their hearts anyway, if he plans on leaving. I don't get the sense that this is an easy decision for Zach, or that he was always dead-set on leaving, or anything like that. And hell, he might still come here and everyone might have to revise their scorn.

Hm? He's going to break their hearts anyway, if he plans on leaving. I don't get the sense that this is an easy decision for Zach, or that he was always dead-set on leaving, or anything like that. And hell, he might still come here and everyone might have to revise their scorn.

Then we can all complain about how his contract is going to hurt us for years to come. :lol:

jesus. if they both end up in minnesota, have fun never winning a cup!

We use to say the same thing about LA, Boston, Carolina, Tampa Bay, etc. Fact is the new economics have produced 12 different conference finalists the last 3 years. With realignment ahead after 2013 we'll see it become an even more fluid situation.

Would anybody be suprised if 2/4 or 3/4 of the Rangers, Devils, Coyotes, and Kings not get to the 2nd round next season?

Edited by mdsieve

Breaking news: Zach Parise used "we" when discussing the Devils when he was still under contract with the Devils. This kid really is just a dumb jock.

He did it after the season multiple times and an intelligent player would know how fans would take such a comment.

You're also forgetting the "don't worry" comment he made to fans at the rally to meet the Devils bus.

He never did anything that wasn't allowed or that wasn't technically correct, but a smart player would see how he was string a team's fans along, albeit probably unintentionally.

Then we can all complain about how his contract is going to hurt us for years to come. :lol:

Bingo. As much as everyone thinks is the case, I don't think Minny is blowing NJ out of the water in terms of $$$. While it be nice for a player like Zach to chose the Devils, this contract is going to be stupid...

Edited by devilsrule33

From PuckDaddy:

Link

The Wild's certainly putting out all the stops. On that plane trip with agent Neil Sheehy yesterday, the Wild agreed to terms with center Jake Dowell to a two-year deal (two-way in Year 1, one-way in Year 2).

Not only is Dowell buddies with Suter after playing together at Wisconsin, he's also friends with Parise. The 27-year-olds played together in world-under-18's (gold medal) and the world junior championships.

Could be old news, with the crazyness that has been going on in this i have lost track.

Andrew Gross ‏@AGrossRecord

Have just gotten confirmation that a Zach Parise decision is "likely" today.

(Gross is filling in for TG today, apparently he's got a prior commitment for the next few days)

Edited by NJDevs4978

ITs trending i think its official both to mini

Agreed. Suter has said that he will make his decision today. Shortly after, Wade Arnott says that Zack Parise is likely to make his decision today.

Both have been talking a lot together. I think he's going to get his 'final deal' and will want to play in his home state.

Just my opinion.

He did it after the season multiple times and an intelligent player would know how fans would take such a comment.

You're also forgetting the "don't worry" comment he made to fans at the rally to meet the Devils bus.

He never did anything that wasn't allowed or that wasn't technically correct, but a smart player would see how he was string a team's fans along, albeit probably unintentionally.

This is beyond stupid. I'm sorry.

Fans: Zach, please don't go...come back. We love you. Let's win a Stanley Cup next year.

Zach: (thinking what to say as fans have made a great gesture by coming out to support the team after the loss) Thank you. Don't worry about it.

Zach: (thinking) Oh crap...in a split second reaction, I said "don't worry." I hope they know I just meant for them not to worry about what I'll do....oh crap...Maybe fans will think that means I am coming back...oh crap, I certainly shouldn't have said "we" in the post game interview after the game even though I am under contract. Maybe I should go back and explain to them what I meant? Ahhh it's too hot today...

Fans: Zach, please don't go...come back. We love you. Let's win a Stanley Cup next year.

Zach: (thinking what to say as fans have made a great gesture by coming out to support the team after the loss) Thank you. Don't worry about it.

Zach: (thinking) Oh crap...in a split second reaction, I said "don't worry." I hope they know I just meant for them not to worry about what I'll do....oh crap...Maybe fans will think that means I am coming back...oh crap, I certainly shouldn't have said "we" in the post game interview after the game even though I am under contract. Maybe I should go back and explain to them what I meant? Ahhh it's too hot today...

Well said.

Ah M.B.! Marion Barry, is it time again for another shipment?

A little levity.

When I refer to breaking hearts, I see that as building up hopes of re-signing only to dash those hopes. After the season Zach dropped a few very subtle hints that he was going to re-sign. Instead, it would have been kinder to fans to just keep his mouth shut or to watch his word a little more closely. He made it sound like it was a slam-dunk that he was going to sign with the Devils when in fact it was more of a toss-up. Again, Zach doesn't have to be kind to fans, it just would have been nice if he were.

I agree that this is not an easy decision for Zach. Like I said, I feel the scorn is coming from the fact that Zach made things sound like he was coming back when his return was actually much more questionable. What I'm trying to say is that Zach could have left the Devils without first building up the hopes of Devils fans if he had watched his words a little more carefully.

remember all this parise and suter both to the wild is speculation. sure he would love to play with suter, but he also would love to play with crosby, zajac, and stafford. i dont buy it. suter is leaning towards the Wild not ZP as far as we know.

yea... well fellas it is not looking good.

i would bet money now that zach will end up in minny with suter. all this little information does say a lot.

i am so happy though that it doesn't look like he's going to another Atlantic team. ecstatic, as a matter of fact

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.