‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

lol, yeah, tampering. Parise's been talking with Lou three times a day, but clearly he had no interest in coming back, it was just chit-chat, how's the weather, that sort of thing.

dr33: no, the Wild are still awful, and if they sign Parise and Suter, they're pretty much at the salary cap with (still) a pretty bad team.

Even I'm willing to concede no real tampering. At most maybe a small fine as a slap on the wrist for the loose lips by a quasi Wild agent.

This is beyond stupid. I'm sorry.

Fans: Zach, please don't go...come back. We love you. Let's win a Stanley Cup next year.

Zach: (thinking what to say as fans have made a great gesture by coming out to support the team after the loss) Thank you. Don't worry about it.

Zach: (thinking) Oh crap...in a split second reaction, I said "don't worry." I hope they know I just meant for them not to worry about what I'll do....oh crap...Maybe fans will think that means I am coming back...oh crap, I certainly shouldn't have said "we" in the post game interview after the game even though I am under contract. Maybe I should go back and explain to them what I meant? Ahhh it's too hot today...

Epic Simpsons reference !!!

tumblr_lbi2skSivi1qe8x3to1_500.png

Dude looks like Lou.

You could make one up for Lou as well: Oh crap i should have re-signed Parise last year!!....Oh crap i shouldnt have given Salvadore 3 years!!!.....Oh crap i certainly shouldnt have re-signed Cam Janssen.... Ahhh it's too hot today...

This is beyond stupid. I'm sorry.

Fans: Zach, please don't go...come back. We love you. Let's win a Stanley Cup next year.

Zach: (thinking what to say as fans have made a great gesture by coming out to support the team after the loss) Thank you. Don't worry about it.

Zach: (thinking) Oh crap...in a split second reaction, I said "don't worry." I hope they know I just meant for them not to worry about what I'll do....oh crap...Maybe fans will think that means I am coming back...oh crap, I certainly shouldn't have said "we" in the post game interview after the game even though I am under contract. Maybe I should go back and explain to them what I meant? Ahhh it's too hot today...

You may not agree with other fans' point of view, but you have to see how some fans might take his comments to mean more than they actually do. That's all I'm trying to say. If you refuse to make that concession then you're just being stubborn. I apologize that some fans, including myself, may not be as extremely intelligent as you.

Epic Simpsons reference !!!

tumblr_lbi2skSivi1qe8x3to1_500.png

Dude looks like Lou.

You could make one up for Lou as well: Oh crap i should have re-signed Parise last year!!....Oh crap i shouldnt have given Salvadore 3 years!!!.....Oh crap i certainly shouldnt have re-signed Cam Janssen.... Ahhh it's too hot today...

Haha. Man he really does like Lou. I don't think I'll get tired of coming up with those for Lou over the next little while.

Time to break out the guilt-trip. :lol:

IMO, if he wants to throw away his career he has every right to. Yes, I know the NHL is random now, but I guess he had a taste of the Finals this year and he liked it so much he wants to be sure he never goes back.

Would be one of the odder FA decisions I can remember. Kovalchuk was funneled to us, this guy could literally have his pick of like 10 teams depending on his terms.

The drama is all created by the media and fans. Unless I've missed something, Zach has not said or done anything particularly "dramatic" throughout this process.

...the drama is a result of him waiting out his decision.

My fear of another Nieds situation is going to another level. Once again we have a star UFA sincerely taking his time to consider all options, his future, his family, all while keeping the Devils very much in the picture and not jumping at the first mega-deal tossed at his feet. In short, he's handling it as well as a man could handle it. And we already have fans throwing hate at him.

Can't please everyone, I suppose.

Time to break out the guilt-trip. :lol:

IMO, if he wants to throw away his career he has every right to. Yes, I know the NHL is random now, but I guess he had a taste of the Finals this year and he liked it so much he wants to be sure he never goes back.

Would be one of the odder FA decisions I can remember. Kovalchuk was funneled to us, this guy could literally have his pick of like 10 teams depending on his terms.

I mean, the Wild have a pretty good stable of prospects. Coyle, Phillips, Granlund, Brodin. The problem is the only good NHL players they have are Koivu, Gilbert, and the goaltenders.

My fear of another Nieds situation is going to another level. Once again we have a star UFA sincerely taking his time to consider all options, his future, his family, all while keeping the Devils very much in the picture and not jumping at the first mega-deal tossed at his feet. In short, he's handling it as well as a man could handle it. And we already have fans throwing hate at him.

Can't please everyone, I suppose.

I don't think he's handling anything, he's being led around in 25 different directions at the same time. It looks like Ryan Suter had to put him out of his misery. I don't hold any ill-will for him if he signs there, I'm just well, kinda puzzled he'd sign there.

I mean, the Wild have a pretty good stable of prospects. Coyle, Phillips, Granlund, Brodin. The problem is the only good NHL players they have are Koivu, Gilbert, and the goaltenders.

The problem with prospects is, well you can see the problem with prospects right here. They play 6-7 seasons for you and then disappear. It is random though, I don't think anyone who was thinking clearly thought we'd be playing in the Stanley Cup Finals in January, over Boston, the Pens, or even Team Blocked Shot.

Haha. Man he really does like Lou. I don't think I'll get tired of coming up with those for Lou over the next little while.

What happened? I disagree with you and am not one of the 10 self-described geniuses of the board so I don't get a response? Sorry for offending you with my stupid post earlier.

Edited by devils26

Heatly is good too, but overrated.

The problem with prospects is, well you can see the problem with prospects right here. They play 6-7 seasons for you and then disappear. It is random though, I don't think anyone who was thinking clearly thought we'd be playing in the Stanley Cup Finals in January, over Boston, the Pens, or even Team Blocked Shot.

This is a problem? This isn't a problem. I mean, if you think you can predict what NHL teams will be best 6-7 years from now, be my guest.

I will hate Zach for signing there. Don't make statements like "Winning is the most important thing" and "I want to win" etc. Signing in Minn is not where you sign if WINNING is your #1 priority...

Even the Pens or Wings would have been a "WINNING" destination...the Wild are NOT.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.