‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

He did it after the season multiple times and an intelligent player would know how fans would take such a comment.

You're also forgetting the "don't worry" comment he made to fans at the rally to meet the Devils bus.

He never did anything that wasn't allowed or that wasn't technically correct, but a smart player would see how he was string a team's fans along, albeit probably unintentionally.

What was he supposed to say when he said things like "We'll be ready to go next year," or "Oates leaving is a big loss for us?" "The Devils will be back next year," and "Oates is a big loss for the Devils." If he says stuff like that days after losing in the finals and while still under contract with the Devils then everyone would read into it that he won't be coming back. Either way fans would look into it way too much and it's not Zach's fault. None of us really know what was going on in his head but my guess is that at that time he wanted to come back but once he became a free agent it made the decision more difficult than he was expecting. He didn't know who was going to offer what and assuming he goes to Minnesota with Suter, he didn't know Suter was going there yet either.

I'm going to be upset if he leaves, but I won't hate the guy. I have a Parise World Junior Championships jersey and a Parise Devils jersey. I'm not sure yet if I'm going to have them re-customized. He will still be one of my favorite players because of his unmatched work ethic and I'm looking forward to having him on the Olympic team for years to come, and if he goes to the Wild I guess I'll be rooting for him in the World Championships almost every year too haha.

It just cracks me up that Parise going to the Wild will not improve that team at all. He cant carry a team he never has he never will.

That's ridiculous. Obviously any team is better with Parise than without him. But even if you add Parise and Suter to their line-up, the Wild still have no scoring depth and a very weak defensive group. Maybe a few years down the line some prospects will pan out for them, but I just don't see them being a scary team any time soon. Not to mention that two mega contracts will make it difficult for them to fill out their roster with anyone useful.

This is a problem? This isn't a problem. I mean, if you think you can predict what NHL teams will be best 6-7 years from now, be my guest.

The system is not designed for you to keep your prospects anymore. Even if every prospect they have hits, it's impossible to keep all of them.

ToddCordell

Zajac might follow Parise out the door (assuming No. 9 leaves) after next season. He'll be a UFA. Doubt he signs with best friend gone.

ok this is getting fvcking depressing

He is forgetting we employ the majority of the Zajac family.

ToddCordell

Zajac might follow Parise out the door (assuming No. 9 leaves) after next season. He'll be a UFA. Doubt he signs with best friend gone.

This guy works for hockeybuzz. Enough said.

Edited by Daniel

ToddCordell

He is forgetting we employ the majority of the Zajac family.

The system is not designed for you to keep your prospects anymore. Even if every prospect they have hits, it's impossible to keep all of them.

Okay, so how do teams get players then? Yes, you can't keep a guy underfoot for 10+ years anymore. I don't see what this has to do with anything. So long as Minnesota drafts well in the upcoming years, they should still develop prospects, who can then play for them. Or they can sign free agents. And like I said, anyone trying to predict 6-7 years down the line will look pretty foolish a lot of the time - injuries, unexpected trades, players who pop up out of nowhere - could Minnesota be a great team? Maybe.

Edited by Triumph

ToddCordell

This is all just pure speculation. Zajac MIGHT leave, well yeah and he also MIGHT NOT leave. He is his own man, I'm sure Zach isn't his only buddy on the team. These guys have played on many different teams throughout their lives and good friends have come and gone to other teams and leagues.

The only way I'll get excited is if I read "Devils trade Tallinder to so and so team for draft picks" and "Devils also trade Greene to so and so team for draft picks"

I feel like that's too reactionary. Tallinder was the best d-man last year when healthy and is a solid vet, especially for the young Swedes, plus he's on a fair contract. I feel he has the most value staying with the team.

I'd rather move Greene despite the fact he is also on a nice contract, younger, and also productive. He's not as good as Tallinder in my opinion but he should be a nice center piece of a trade package to get a top 6 forward. If the Devils do trade someone, it better be for a quality NHL player, not picks right now.

Honestly, the Devils don't even have to address filling in the gap for Parise leaving right now if Lou doesn't find the FA or trade markets appealing. He has time to deal during the season and the team should be competing fine without Parise. None of us want to wait that long but we may have to.

I feel like that's too reactionary. Tallinder was the best d-man last year when healthy and is a solid vet, especially for the young Swedes, plus he's on a fair contract. I feel he has the most value staying with the team.

I'd rather move Greene despite the fact he is also on a nice contract, younger, and also productive. He's not as good as Tallinder in my opinion but he should be a nice center piece of a trade package to get a top 6 forward. If the Devils do trade someone, it better be for a quality NHL player, not picks right now.

Honestly, the Devils don't even have to address filling in the gap for Parise leaving right now if Lou doesn't find the FA or trade markets appealing. He has time to deal during the season and the team should be competing fine without Parise. None of us want to wait that long but we may have to.

Exactly, a full season of Zajac will make up for most of those goals and playing this fourth line all year long is a HUGE improvement over Cam and Boulton.

We should probably just lynch him? I mean, how dare he pick his own team... fvcking Justin Schultz never played a game in this league and he just picked his team... I understand being a die-hard fan and everything but god damn... Move on... All you have to do is think back to Kovy putting this team on his back two years ago when 9 was in the stands......... The Devils will never die. Well, maybe eventually...

Okay, so how do teams get players then? Yes, you can't keep a guy underfoot for 10+ years anymore. I don't see what this has to do with anything. So long as Minnesota drafts well in the upcoming years, they should still develop prospects, who can then play for them. Or they can sign free agents. And like I said, anyone trying to predict 6-7 years down the line will look pretty foolish a lot of the time - injuries, unexpected trades, players who pop up out of nowhere - could Minnesota be a great team? Maybe.

Do we even know if they HAVE drafted well yet?

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/teams/dr00006879.html

It doesn't look significantly better than ours, and we're frowned upon in general.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.