Schedule infos

SterioDesign

Personally I'd rather just be at home and flip through all the games the first day back, assuming the CI free preview actually works for me this time (sometimes it doesn't). Of course I guess I could watch some games on the computer too. But hope you guys have a blast that are going.

And yeah I'm not running to Long Island either when the arena's likely going to be filled, making those miniature concourses even more of a problem.

Edited by NJDevs4978

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are people both on here, Twitter and on FB keep saying we are raising the ECF banner on our first home game!? Devils never have done that before for a Conference Champs banner and never will.

We will all just walk into the arena and it will already be hanging there. Nothing more.

I get the whole "Cups are our #1 goal, nothing less" attitude but come on, winning the EC is hard as hell.. This may not happen again in the next 15 years (or ever).. It was such an amazing run that I feel it's stupid to act like all is forgotten now that there's a new season.. It doesn't have to be a long, drawn out ceremony, but I think there should be one to acknowledge a great accomplishment

I get the whole "Cups are our #1 goal, nothing less" attitude but come on, winning the EC is hard as hell.. This may not happen again in the next 15 years (or ever).. It was such an amazing run that I feel it's stupid to act like all is forgotten now that there's a new season.. It doesn't have to be a long, drawn out ceremony, but I think there should be one to acknowledge a great accomplishment

Yeah but I really don't know another franchise that has already won at least 1 Cup that has a ceremony to raise an EC banner. Teams that raise that sort of banner usually have never won the Cup so this is the best they have and understandable. I just feel if we raise this in even a small ceremony it will look bush-league.

Yeah but I really don't know another franchise that has already won at least 1 Cup that has a ceremony to raise an EC banner. Teams that raise that sort of banner usually have never won the Cup so this is the best they have and understandable. I just feel if we raise this in even a small ceremony it will look bush-league.

Flyers and Canucks did it the last 2 years.. I see what you're saying but I guess I just disagree.. We'll see, Lou's a hard ass with this stuff so I'm not expecting anything

fvck the NHL. Can we have a home opener to truly enjoy for once?

09-10 home opener opponent - FLYERS...halloween colors in our building

11-12 home opener opponent - FLYERS...halloween colors in our building

12-13 home opener opponent - FLYERS...pumpkin puke part 3

Yup it's annoying as hell.. Hopefully we can win one of these for a change

I don't know, the circumstances are so different this time around. We're only a handful of months removed from one of their most embarrassing playoff series in their team's history (up there with 2000). Any Flyer fan who is excited to be back at The Rock for hockey this time around should get their head examined...

Why are people both on here, Twitter and on FB keep saying we are raising the ECF banner on our first home game!? Devils never have done that before for a Conference Champs banner and never will.

We will all just walk into the arena and it will already be hanging there. Nothing more.

This. People act like this isn't our 5th time winning the East. When was the last time we had a banner-raising celebration for it? We raise CUP banners. And only Cup banners.

It was an epic run, and they can acknowledge it by showing a video on the jumbotron. But you don't have any banner-raising ceremonies for banners that don't say 'Stanley Cup Champions'. Period, end of story.

This. People act like this isn't our 5th time winning the East. When was the last time we had a banner-raising celebration for it? We raise CUP banners. And only Cup banners.

VBK has more of a hand in those sorts of things now, so maybe the No Cup, No Banner Raising Ceremony policy will change. I suppose it won't be a huge deal so long as it isn't a whole production. I was at the Caps home opener in 2001 when they raised the Southeast Division Winner banner. They turned down the lights, played some inspirational type music and lifted the banner. It took all of one minute. Not that bad.

Flyers and Canucks did it the last 2 years.. I see what you're saying but I guess I just disagree.. We'll see, Lou's a hard ass with this stuff so I'm not expecting anything

And the Flyers and Canucks have combined to win 0 Cups the last 38 years. I'd like to think our standards are a little higher here.

VBK has more of a hand in those sorts of things now, so maybe the No Cup, No Banner Raising Ceremony policy will change. I suppose it won't be a huge deal so long as it isn't a whole production. I was at the Caps home opener in 2001 when they raised the Southeast Division Winner banner. They turned down the lights, played some inspirational type music and lifted the banner. It took all of one minute. Not that bad.

lol that was cute of them.

The Caps, another winner franchise lmao. VBK isn't changing anything with regards to the banners, it's an organizational philosophy that Cups are what gets celebrated, and rightfully so. Again, fine to pay tribute to last year's run, and I expect them to, and I look forward to it. It'll be awesome to re-live it. But the banner will be hanging from the rafters when we walk in the door, of that I assure you.

Looks like they play five games against the Flyers, and one of NYR/NYI; only see the Penguins 4x in the regular season.

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib

.@penguins play 5 apiece against @NYRangers @NYIslanders and 4 each against @NHLFlyers @NHLDevils #pens

Frank Seravalli ‏@DNFlyers

Flyers per league source: 5 v. NYR, NJ; 4 v. PIT, NYI; 5 East on road: WPG,MTL,TOR,BUF,TB; 5 East at home: BOS,OTT,FLA,CAR,WSH. H/H w/ othrs