2013 NHL Draft

Derlique

Columbus has been very good this year though. We haven't. If we sucked more than Calgary or Colorado or Florida now thats a headscratcher.

Columbus has been very good this year though. We haven't. If we sucked more than Calgary or Colorado or Florida now thats a headscratcher.

They have played alot better this year then last where they are usually a usual write off for the season, this year they have a turned a corner, played better had a consecutive point streak that set for their franchise best and aren't a team to sleep on in the west this year. Who has "Not" been very good> Detroit is medicore now without Lidstrom.

Bob has been their savior and their starter fir their future. He's brung them hope. They have a pretty good d line not horrible, they have a rnagers line thats clicking.

Edited by CarterforPresident

Columbus has not been very good. They are getting crushed possession wise but have been bailed out by Bobrovsky

Well what would you know, the goalie is part of the team and helps you win games, which is ultimately what matters, not puck possession, shots on goal, Corsi or whatever snake oil you want to apply that somehow tells you that a player that scores a lot of goals and a team that wins isn't "really" that good. Forests and trees.

Well what would you know, the goalie is part of the team and helps you win games, which is ultimately what matters, not puck possession, shots on goal, Corsi or whatever snake oil you want to apply that somehow tells you that a player that scores a lot of goals and a team that wins isn't "really" that good. Forests and trees.

So Bobrovsky will continue to stop 93% of shots faced? Not likely

so if the draft was today we'd be picking like 9th,10th,11th or 1st..... 

If we'd somehow win the lottery and have first pick who would you pick? Jones seems to be the #1 guy but i'd go for either Mackinon or Drouin. We desperately need help on offence and we're already set on D for awhile.

as for around the 10th pick... i'd still go for Domi lol i just have that feeling about the guy

lol.  please bet with me on next year.  you can take teams based on goalie save percentages and i'll take corsi tied.

lol. please bet with me on next year. you can take teams based on goalie save percentages and i'll take corsi tied.

I wouldn't make a bet based on any particular stat. I can use a little bit of common sense and conclude that a team that has lots of talented players is going to be more successful than a team that doesn't. And, I don't need to do a save percentage analysis to tell me that Bobrovosky is playing much better than he has in the past, but that he needs to show he can perform this well for a more sustained period of time until I can make the conclusion that he's a very good goalie that helps his team win games than with someone else.

Ultimately the difference between guys like me and guys like you is that I can admit that I have only a very rough idea about what teams will ultimately be successful and the degree of success. The guys that make things sound sciency are no better at predicting things than common sense and informed intuition.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

• Like 1

Calgary Flames fan and am going to be coming down for the draft. Was hoping someone could help me out on a good hotel nearby the rink. Unfortunately my account won't allow me to post a new topic, so I posted on this thread and was hoping you guys could help out. I'd provide an update on the Flames, but there is nothing of note.

Calgary Flames fan and am going to be coming down for the draft. Was hoping someone could help me out on a good hotel nearby the rink. Unfortunately my account won't allow me to post a new topic, so I posted on this thread and was hoping you guys could help out. I'd provide an update on the Flames, but there is nothing of note.

would recommend staying in NYC and taking a train for draft. although hilton by penn station is supposed to be ok. i don't think the new hotel being built next to the arena will be ready.

If we somehow got the 1st overall, I'd really be pulling for Lou to take Nathan MacKinnon, I couldn't be too upset with Seth Jones, but we need scoring and MacKinnon is gonna be a Franchise forward.

Why MacKinnon over Drouin? Drouin is looking to be the better player now. 

would recommend staying in NYC and taking a train for draft. although hilton by penn station is supposed to be ok. i don't think the new hotel being built next to the arena will be ready.

Isn't there a holiday inn right across the river, it might be Kearny at that point? It's a couple miles from the arena maybe, but if maybe if he's looking for a cheaper option than the Hilton. Staying NYC will be more expensive I'd imagine. Though it will offer much more in the way of stuff nearby to do if the idea is to see NYC and go to the draft, lol.

You'll have to wait a while considering the they don't pick until the third round. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

lol, I think most Devils fans will be gone by then considering they'll have two top forty picks and then skip the third round, so nothing for the next sixty picks.

There's the Gateway Hilton, the Robert Treat Hotel, and the Courtyard Marriott. Of these, the Marriott is closest, being literally next door to the arena. The Hilton and the Robert Treat are each about three or four blocks away. There's also a Comfort Inn on McCarter Highway or a Hampton Inn right across the river in Harrison, but those aren't within walking distance IMO. After that you'd be looking at one of the many airport Hotels.

lol.  please bet with me on next year.  you can take teams based on goalie save percentages and i'll take corsi tied.

Haha you were the guy in 2012 that was adamant all season that the rangers would drop in the standings..we are talking many long, detailed posts about how they couldn't keep it up. They go on to win the presidents trophy and fall 2 gms short of the SCF lol. Bobrovsky is playing better than he has in the past, but who is to say he hasn't turned the corner in his career. He prob hasn't but the jackets are winning, so up to now he's been playing great.

Haha you were the guy in 2012 that was adamant all season that the rangers would drop in the standings..we are talking many long, detailed posts about how they couldn't keep it up. They go on to win the presidents trophy and fall 2 gms short of the SCF lol. Bobrovsky is playing better than he has in the past, but who is to say he hasn't turned the corner in his career. He prob hasn't but the jackets are winning, so up to now he's been playing great.

Just to clarify, the Canucks won the presidents trophy, not the rangers.