Eminem give the Devil his due...

newarkdev01

I had originally seen about this video from our friends over at Glocallynewark

http://glocallynewark.com/2010/05/slim-shadys-10-minutes-on-broad-street/comment-page-1/#comment-7439

I just came across the video on youtube yesterday. If you watch about one third of the way in you get some great shots of Market street in Newark.

I have seen a few refernces to Newark in pop culture but I am now hoping this song becomes all popular with the MTV crowd to give Newark a nice spotlight. Love that the Former Newark cinema is so porminent in the background.

I had originally seen about this video from our friends over at Glocallynewark

http://glocallynewark.com/2010/05/slim-shadys-10-minutes-on-broad-street/comment-page-1/#comment-7439

I just came across the video on youtube yesterday. If you watch about one third of the way in you get some great shots of Market street in Newark.

I have seen a few refernces to Newark in pop culture but I am now hoping this song becomes all popular with the MTV crowd to give Newark a nice spotlight. Love that the Former Newark cinema is so porminent in the background.

Very cool! Glad its for this song because it is very popular. You can even see some Devils logos on the lamp posts.

I like Eminem. That song'll have to grow on me though. I dig the back sound. I'm gonna listen to it a couple times to see if the main lyrics get better.

That Livin in Newark vid was clever funny!

• 3 months later...

Listen, nobody here should be arguing - it's a waste of breath. Obviously those who comment that Eminem has no talent is just ignorant and have never listened to his music.

Even if you hate rap you can't say he isn't one of the most talented artists of the last decade.

Edited by ben00rs

Listen, nobody here should be arguing - it's a waste of breath. Obviously those who comment that Eminem has no talent is just ignorant and have never listened to his music.

Even if you hate rap you can't say he isn't one of the most talented artists of the last decade.

Holy God. Who's arguing? No one. Who is name calling over a musician.....you, WTF?

I've been listening to music for 40 years and rap absolutely sucks, and so does he. But it's a matter of PERSONAL opinion, which I believe I am entitled to have about music without being called ignorant.

Holy God. Who's arguing? No one. Who is name calling over a musician.....you, WTF?

I've been listening to music for 40 years and rap absolutely sucks, and so does he. But it's a matter of PERSONAL opinion, which I believe I am entitled to have about music without being called ignorant.

:rolleyes: idiot

:evil:

I don't like rap, never have, but Eminem is a genius. Not sure how anyone can't see that really.

So, at what point inthat video is there a Devs logo anywhere? COuld someone point out eh minute and second? :) Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...