108 replies to this topic

#81 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 29 November 2006 - 12:17 PM

It's 75 here right now...next week will be in the high 50s. Nice break from the heat.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#82 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 04:02 PM

keep building friends!

#83 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 06:27 PM

When are they gonna move the camera? Soon we'll be looking at what looks like a faux brick wall (damn they cheaped out on that huh?) and nothing else!

Any of you insiders wanna tell 'em to move it? :)

#84 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 09:48 PM

Mr. K:

It's all about taking control of the camera. It's dark, so it was hard to really see what I was doing, but I managed to swing it around to catch at least part of the arena.

EDIT: They need to move the camera anyway (or at least play with the controls so you can't make it look at the windowsill it's in) because the arena's getting too big for the frame they've set the camera up for.

Edited by RowdyFan42, 19 January 2007 - 10:00 PM.

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#85 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:01 PM

Wait, which camera are you talking about? I'm talking about the one at the EarthCam link at the top of Page 3. I know the one from newjerseydevils.com is controllable.

#86 RowdyFan42

RowdyFan42

A Legend

• Tech Support
  • 12,607 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:11 PM

Oh.... see, I was talking about the one that started the topic. This thread's been around so long that I completely forgot a second camera was introduced to the mix.

Does anyone have a washcloth? I need to get the egg off my face. :doh1:

Edited by RowdyFan42, 19 January 2007 - 10:12 PM.

Posted Image of the Devils' mascot, NJ Devil, and Posted Image of all mascots far and wide.

IT IS VERY HARD TO WIN ONE STANLEY CUP, FORGET ABOUT THREE... and maybe it's high time some of you actually APPRECIATED THAT instead of treating it like it's some flipping birthright because for some random reason you rooted for the damn Devils!!!!! Posted Image

AHLFans.net - American Hockey League fan forums

#87 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 10:17 PM

No worries mate, I didn't specify which camera.

#88 John Wensink

John Wensink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:58 AM

Anyone know why the webcam is down?
"I feel privileged to have played on three Stanley Cup teams and finally help the New Jersey Devils get the respect they deserve." Scott Stevens

"I knew in my heart that one day we would turn it around and we'd do something special here," Ken Daneyko

"I hate the Rangers, and Lou hates them to death."- Martin Brodeur, "Beyond the Crease", page 261

#89 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:11 AM

Probably because it is just looking at a brick wall now....anyone know any different? Last time I looked you really couldn't see much. Maybe they are moving it so you can see more........

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#90 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:15 AM

Faux brick. :glare:

I hope they are moving it. Maybe they'll get one for the practice rink and an interior one too.

#91 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,014 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 10:58 PM

Terreri Devil mentioned in his thread that the Newark PD complained that undercover police were visible leaving the courthouse so the cams were pulled.

#92 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 20 February 2007 - 11:06 PM

I think he meant the other cam, DM. This cam (Earthcam) was at a different building and didn't face the courthouse and just down at the site. It was last pointed at a wall.

#93 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:29 PM

I love what I'm seeing so far and I love the renderings of what its going to look like when its done, but I still want one more thing: a big fountain in the middle of that triangle park with sculptures of Scott Stevens, Marty Brodeur and Claude Lemieux holding up a Stanley Cup in the middle of it. I've predicted just about everything else regarding this arena, lets see if this one gets put into place too.

C'mon Jeff! Commission a real good sculptor to give us a nice monument for the Devils of the future to crowd around when they win future championships! I'd love to have that as something that whatever national channel happens to be broadcasting games can focus on whenever they televise a game at the Rock.

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#94 devilsfan26

devilsfan26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,784 posts

Posted 19 May 2007 - 04:59 PM

That is an awesome idea, ND5. You should suggest that to Vanderbeek.
"Swim against the tide, don't follow the group, stay away from the majority, seek out the fresh and new, stay away from the poseurs, and don't be a barnacle. Be original, be different, be passionate, be selfless and be free. Be a hockey fan."
--John Buccigross

#95 David Puddy

David Puddy

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,302 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 01:45 AM

The monument should depict Scott Stevens' greatest hits... knocked out Lindros, Kariya, Kozlov, etc. :)
Posted Image

#96 NewarkDevil5

NewarkDevil5

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,176 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 07:59 AM

I figure that if Edmonton can have a statue of Wayne Gretzky in front of their arena and Philly can have a statue of Rocky in front of theirs, why shouldn't Newark go all out and put up a statue and fountain with three of the most important players in their history?

Newark: The City of New Jersey

gallery_45_180_172422.png

#97 Dadds

Dadds

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 11:13 AM

i think that they should put video cameras inside the area so we can see the progress inside the area
"I think I'm going to become a Devils fan so they start never winning again." A sad flyers fan

"**** this. NJ might as well be allowed to build a brick wall in front of the net and let Marty sit on the bench. Would be no difference" A sad penguins fan

#98 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,989 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:38 PM

Isn't it time we let this thread die? I mean we did play a whole season in the arena this year.

#99 threestars

threestars

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:49 PM

Um, you just un-dead-ified it........

Posted Image

Official NJDevs.com Keeper of Lowell Devils' Goalies: Frank Doyle and (co-keeper) Jordan Parise; Keeper of former Ottawa Senator Dean McAmmond; co-Keeper of David Clarkson; Keeper of the first goal at The Rock (thank you Meszaros/Neil) and the first EN goal at The Rock (thanks Alfie); and co-Keeper of NJDevs.com Keepers.

Proud recipient of the 2008 NJDevs.com Joe Nieuwendyk Award for Best Non-Devils Fan

GO SENS GO!!!Posted ImageGO SENSGO!!!

I curse you Noah Webster for your defamation of the English language. I spit on you.

#100 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,989 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 03:51 PM

Um, you just un-dead-ified it........

lol well its pinned so even though it was dead it was still hanging around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users