NJDevs Fantasy Football 2013 Smack Talk

NJDevs4978

I actually got a little excited thinking I had a chance with Murray's early TD run.  Of course that went to s***, like most of my season after the first two weeks.  Six losses in eight games...and I can't afford any more if I want any chance at making the playoffs.

And for a final insult, I would have gotten the win if I'd kept Thomas in the lineup.  I was too afraid of him re-injuring the ankle or I would have left him in.  Of course San Diego screws up a tackle and he gets a long TD early, while Gates still can't get TD's despite a bunch of targets.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Drafting two RB's in the top 3; and having both be absolute sh!t... Usually means you will be absolute sh!t.

I'm not quite yet there yet... that's pending an MRI on Peyton... my 2nd rounder.

Fortunately, depth and lucky match-ups are carrying me through.  If Andre Brown can play similarly going forward, it'll be a decent snatch for me off waivers (foolishly dropped Id suggest as an 8th rounder keeper... maybe?).

Edited by aylbert

Peyton better come back healthy, he's the main reason I'm 7-3 in my other league (but still not assured of a playoff spot, that'll depend on division matchups) :P

Brown is actually 8th round keeper value in fact, that's where he was drafted.  The rule was changed so players' keeper value is where they were drafted even if they get dropped.

Brown is actually 8th round keeper value in fact, that's where he was drafted.  The rule was changed so players' keeper value is where they were drafted even if they get dropped.

Yes, that's what I meant...  that he would potentially be on my short list of keepers as an 8th rounder.

:argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh:  :argh: 

re: Trent Richardson.

I'm close to cutting his sorry ass in the one league I have him in....he's been beyond useless this year......

It's to the point where a Richardson for Andre Ellington and Riley Cooper trade actually looks ridiculously one-sided for the guy getting Ellington and Cooper (yes this deal is actually happening in my other league, this week)...a month ago it would have been laughed out of the room the other way around.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Not me lol...I was a little wary about Foster's growing injury concerns.  QB was the only other way you could have conceivably gone with that pick, at that point it was just about philosophy.  If I'd been that smart I'd have picked Peyton or Brees instead of Rodgers at #3, but at least Rodgers was still infinitely better than my RB choice (Rice) would have been had I gone that way.

What a fitting end of my season...losing to a last-place team and benching a grumpy, surly Big Ben one of the two weeks he decides to go off and start slinging it around again.  Literally nothing I've done has been right this year since the draft, too patient when I should be more proactive and vice-versa.  I need a LONG vacation from fantasy football.

Of course I play Ray Rice in BOTH my leagues when he finally goes off.  Of course Gates finally scores a TD when I finally bench him here and am playing against him in my other league.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Who???  In this league???

Me.   The conventional picks for 1st overall (After discounting who was taken RB wise, would have been Foster--McCoy-Rice)   I didn't mock the round, just the #1 overall.    (ie, I would have thought you could trade down a lil bit in the 1st and still grab him... I was promptly told then, and now, I was wrong :)  )

Then again, my starting RBs were complete busts; with only Fred Jackson being of any significant value   (Richardson-Martin-Mathews-FJackson); then again, my WR suck too outside of Decker (Decker-Williams-TAustin-Britt-MAustin.   Good thing I usually do well with midseason waivers.

Yeah Yahoo has it glitched that we're both at 0.00 for some reason but StatTracker has the correct score.

This Monday night game is huge for DR.  If he can beat Ayl tonight he puts himself squarely in the playoff conversation with the morass of 6-5 teams.  If he doesn't, he looks like a long shot, as he's a game back with inferior scoring tiebreakers.