‏Zach Parise has agreed to terms with the Minnesota Wild

Daniel

is Suter really that good that Zach would base part of his decision on playing with him? Is he a cornerstone type defensman?

It would seem likely if Suter signs there that Zach may follow. I would hate to lose Zach, but him going out west makes it a little easier to deal with.

And please say no to Semin. Do not want.

is Suter really that good that Zach would base part of his decision on playing with him? Is he a cornerstone type defensman?

It would seem likely if Suter signs there that Zach may follow. I would hate to lose Zach, but him going out west makes it a little easier to deal with.

And please say no to Semin. Do not want.

It's not about talent, they were friends since playing in the U-18 World Championships. To me it's just an excuse for Zach to justify going home for the cash grab to the least likely team to win, cause the Wild are a wasteland with just Zach.

"thank the NJ lotto for making sure that JVB's ticket was the winner and brainwash Suter that even though he is a farm boy that wants to be out west that he can spend all the time he wants at Alstede Farms and have 100 acres in Chester"

lol I know Alstede. Chester is the next town east of me. Yeah, on the off days could drive by watching him plow the fields instead of team workouts

Yeah this is a fait accompli now assuming Suter's in Minnesota. He would not go there alone unless it was strictly a cash grab, but I'd find that hard to believe since he has no real attachment to there. I don't understand why it's so important for Zach to play with Suter when he's got friends on the Devils too but whatever. I just hope our Plan B isn't a disaster this time.

It isn't about that. Honestly, who knows how good friends they are. But, the signing of Suter makes the commitment to Minny a little more palatable (from a competitive standpoint) when you know you'll be with a world class defenseman for a long-time. Otherwise, Minny could be a disaster hockey wise for a while. Zach knows he isn't good enough to turn this ship around himself.

I just hope we're not hearing this **** next year when some other big FA goes along with Zajac to Winnipeg for sick cash to turn that team around.

if we dont lock up Zajac between now and June, Zach bolts, and the Jets make the playoffs, I'm already counting Zajac as good as gone.

Then again, i'm also really aggrivated...

Even TG is agree with (some of) "us"... He will end up with Suter in the Minnesota...

Why are his guessing and speculation any better or reliable than anyone else?

When he posts facts thats fine but just looking at his tweet that is just his guess. He doesn't know for sure.

Damn I hope this gets resolved soon as more and more people on here are getting more on edge.

Why are his guessing and speculation any better or reliable than anyone else?

When he posts facts thats fine but just looking at his tweet that is just his guess. He doesn't know for sure.

Damn I hope this gets resolved soon as more and more people on here are getting more on edge.

of course he doesn't know for sure.. and it's just guessing & speculation there...

All i was saying is... like lot of us, he starts to have the same feeling.

Dreger and LeBrun both expect it to conclude today too.

Is this just a feeling like the last few days or they have something concrete?

Maybe if we start treating these "feelings" like Єklund (2.3% accurate) rumors, we'll all clamor the day we hear nothing...

Is this just a feeling like the last few days or they have something concrete?

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun

Happy July 4th to my American friends and followers south of the border. Two great American hockey players set to make their decision today.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Happy 4th of July. To all following Suter-Parise - Decision 2012, I expect the saga concludes today. Either 1 or 2 teams will be celebrating

LeBrun sounded more confident, Dreger said it was a feeling.

I honestly fully expect ZP NOT to sign here.

He will get boo'd by me for the rest of his career.

For not picking the Devils. Give me a break. This is the decision and the team that should bring back the least amount of venom. Goes to show my point about it being a lose-lose for Zach all along.

Edited by devilsrule33

I honestly fully expect ZP NOT to sign here.

He will get boo'd by me for the rest of his career.

Why, because he exercised his right to choose a team other than the Devils to play for? When he never had a choice in his NHL career up until now?

And I doubt he'll care much about Devils fans booing him...if he indeed goes to the Wild, he'll have to worry about that a whopping one time a year, unless the Devils and Wild face each other in a SC Final.

Will DePaoli ‏@TIOPS_DePaoli

#Pens have not been informed they are out on Parise but those in know late last night seemed to feel decision was coming down to Min or NJ.

If this true I'd say 60% for Wild and 40% NJ. I think he signs with Minnesota.

For not picking the Devils. Give me a break. This is the decision and the team that should bring back the least amount of venom. Goes to show my point about it being a lose-lose for Zach all along.

Why, because he exercised his right to choose a team other than the Devils to play for? When he never had a choice in his NHL career up until now?

And I doubt he'll care much about Devils fans booing him...if he indeed goes to the Wild, he'll have to worry about that a whopping one time a year, unless the Devils and Wild face each other in a SC Final.

If he goes to the Wild, after all the talks about "wanting to be on a team that has a chance to win the Cup" after he was our captain on this Devils team that just went to the finals then decides to give that up to go to Minnesota, who sucks and won't be good for anytime soon then it was all a joke.

Truth is, if he goes to the Wild, he just wanted to go home and grab a huge payout. There's nothing wrong with that but don't act like you are going there cause it's your best shot at winning the Cup and don't tell all the fans who showed up to greet the team back from LA "not to worry" when they are chanting please come back.

If Parise signs with the Wild or any other team he can go fvck himself and I wish him nothing but the worst.

Edited by Satans Hockey

If he goes to the Wild, after all the talks about "wanting to be on a team that has a chance to win the Cup" after he was our captain on this Devils team that just went to the finals then decides to give that up to go to Minnesota, who sucks and won't be good for anytime soon then it was all a joke.

Truth is, if he goes to the Wild, he just wanted to go home and grab a huge payout. There's nothing wrong with that but don't act like you are going there cause it's your best shot at winning the Cup and don't tell all the fans who showed up to greet the team back from LA "not to worry" when they are chanting please come back.

If Parise signs with the Wild or any other team he can go fvck himself and I wish him nothing but the worst.

I can't get past that last part. This isn't just Gomez leaving after he was a wanker and floated his way through his last season here anyway. This is the captain of a Finals team taking a hike after bending over backwards to say he wanted to stay for a year and a half, talking with Lou/Marty/etc every day multiple times, etc. Truth is, going to the Wild is only about two things, money and family peer pressure. At least when Nieds left for family I could respect that a lot more cause he took less from the Ducks and was actually playing with his brother. I don't really respect going anywhere for money when the sum of the lowest offer is probably $80-85 million dollars.

But after hearing about how much Zach wants to win and how concerned he was about ownership for him to turn down MULTIPLE contenders' offers probably in excess of $90-100 million to go to the Wild for every last penny and to make JP happy is just incredibly short-sighted.

Edited by NJDevs4978

The Devils drafted him, groomed him, paid him almost 25-30 million dollars so far, made him captain, was two wins away from a cup with the same team that Lou re-signed and brought back for next year (while parise has failed to step up in the playoffs), signed an all world class player in Kovy to add offense which is what Zach has wanted, and during a financial crisis Lou is trying to give everything they have to keep him. This is an organization that is 1000000% committed to keeping Zach and promoting him and paying him and so on.

Sure the Wild are his hometown team technically... he was a Leafs fan growing up so where's the sentimental value? Fact is, he hasn't won DICK for us, he has disappeared in the playoffs time and time again, and if he's going to forget about unfinished business and turn his back on the team putting their head in their own ass and desperately trying to keep him... he can go F himself.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.