Photo

It has been awhile...(2013 Starting Roster Discussion)

• Please log in to reply
235 replies to this topic

#201 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,470 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:06 PM

731: He shouldn't be on a 3rd line in the AHL. He should be on a 1st line. He's waiver-eligible next year. He has unique talents but I don't see how an NHL player comes out of what he is. He has 2 shots per game for god's sake.

I am guessing they're playing him there to force him to work on the parts of his game that are weakest. We know the Devils don't put top priority on winning in the AHL, it's all about development.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#202 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • 17,470 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:08 PM

I'm not saying that Clarkson is going to replace Parise on the top line, but I could see him getting 2nd line time. Especially if Lou doesn't do anything to replace Parise, someone is going to have to be up on that first line whether it's Elias or Zubrus or whoever else.

I think there it's almost guarenteed Clarkson plays in the top 6 at different points this year, I'm just saying his value to a team doesn't change much by who his linemates are, which can be valuable to a team with a strong top 6, because they could use Clarkson to really crush on 3rd liners, even with mediocre linemates.

The opposite of this would be Sykora last year, he really wasn't very good, but a great linemate was able to coax goals out of him so his value was heightened by playing in the top 6.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#203 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,658 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:25 PM

Speaking of being a while. As you can see, Holik on Hockey has gone bye bye.

Oh well.

#204 NLinfante

NLinfante

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 08:32 AM

Tedenby has 14 points in 28 AHL games this season, and from what I've read he's playing on the 3rd line which has been put in a checking role. Josefson has 20 points in 30 games and has been playing with the offensive guys on the team. Tedenby is also outscoring Chris Kreider, who I think Ranger fans have putting up 30 goals this season :lol:

Don't sleep on Kreider. He was easily one of the best players from last year's US junior team, and he showed some game late last year. Hopefully, though, the best player from that roster ends up being Merrill and Kreider never scores 30.

#205 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 09:49 AM

Speaking of being a while. As you can see, Holik on Hockey has gone bye bye.

Oh well.

He had an article in the Hockey News where he said he would resume once the games started again.

#206 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,179 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 10:12 AM

Posted Image
Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#207 njd3b1ink

njd3b1ink

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

@TGfireandice: RT @walsha: Petr Sykora will be playing in the NHL this season. More to come.

#208 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:36 AM

Chere just tweeted it will not be with NJ.

#209 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,493 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Good. Petr's comeback was great, let's leave it that way.

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#210 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,658 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:24 PM

He had an article in the Hockey News where he said he would resume once the games started again.

Yeah he did, but he's since changed his mind. Let the domain lapse. It's all gone now. He's thinking of buying a Canadian Junior team.

#211 halfsharkalligatorhalfman

halfsharkalligatorhalfman

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,817 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

If the Devils don't trade a Dman away how do you all feel about moving Harrold to F? I really liked what I saw from him in the postseason and want him to get some playing time somehow. I guess this would be assuming the 4th line suffers an injury or proves ineffective.
Devils Fan: 1994-2012
Sharks Fan: 2012-?
Posted Image

#212 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,613 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:39 PM

Yeah he did, but he's since changed his mind. Let the domain lapse. It's all gone now. He's thinking of buying a Canadian Junior team.

What about Holik on Shooting?
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#213 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Man I couldn't help but put the ECF video on when I hit youtube...I love henrique...in the sort of non stalker pleutonic fan sort of way.

#214 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:05 PM

Man I couldn't help but put the ECF video on when I hit youtube...I love henrique...in the sort of non stalker pleutonic fan sort of way.

i love henrique in the stalker pleutonic fan sort of way...

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#215 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

It's spelled "platonic". Not trying to be the English police, just figured you might want to spell it right for the police interview, lol.

#216 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,865 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 02:59 PM

It's spelled "platonic". Not trying to be the English police, just figured you might want to spell it right for the police interview, lol.

haha good looks buddy

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#217 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:06 PM

I must admit, this board kills me as I can't get spellcheck to install into windows explorer at my job =-(

Watching the video made me remember how much I miss hockey, especially when we win.

#218 SterioDesign

SterioDesign

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,702 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:36 PM

i love henrique in the stalker pleutonic fan sort of way...

so far i managed to get a sock, a cup he drank in, poo from his dog and a chunk of hairs. What do you got ?

www.SterioDesign.com

#219 ATLL765

ATLL765

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

so far i managed to get a sock, a cup he drank in, poo from his dog and a chunk of hairs. What do you got ?

HOW'D YOU FORGET ABOUT GETTING A LOCK OF HIS PLAYOFF GOATEE!!!!!

Edited by ATLL765, 10 January 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#220 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 04:48 PM

If the Devils don't trade a Dman away how do you all feel about moving Harrold to F? I really liked what I saw from him in the postseason and want him to get some playing time somehow. I guess this would be assuming the 4th line suffers an injury or proves ineffective.

We would still have to sit someone every night unless we play 7 D. I just dont see how we cannot trade anyone away. Ideally you want Harrold as a the 7th Dman, right now hes our 8th.

Edited by Zubie#8, 10 January 2013 - 04:49 PM.

believe-zubrus.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users