Swarm it up!

Vic Rattlehead18

I finally got around to reading one of TGs blogs from last week (http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/devils_ready_to_swarm_it_up_in_playoffs_with_new_gear_devils_set_to_sleep_at_home/).

First, hopefully there will be a lot of "swarm it up" signs against the glass during warmups.

But what got me thinking was the dice they have on the back of their hoodies. I initially thought to bust out the D&D game and grab a 16 sided die and throw it on the ice after they win. But they're small and could be missed during clean u,p and do have the possibility to cause injury. So even better, would be those fuzzy car mirror dice (there are red and black ones). Red wings have the octopus, florida has their rats. We don't have anything :( . So maybe we could throw some fuzzy dice after each playoff win. Opinions?

Side bar: What are the theories of the dice? Does everyone agree it was martys comments about rolling dice and the 16 are for the 16 wins?

While it would be cool for the Devils to have their own thing like the Octopus and the Rats, seems kind of weird to jump on the team's inside joke that the fans don't understand and that they don't want anyone else to know about really.

This is kind of how I feel, too. It's something between the players and a lot of them didn't seem interested in explaining it. I don't really think fans should be trying to include themselves in it if that is the case.

I finally got around to reading one of TGs blogs from last week (http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/devils_ready_to_swarm_it_up_in_playoffs_with_new_gear_devils_set_to_sleep_at_home/).

First, hopefully there will be a lot of "swarm it up" signs against the glass during warmups.

But what got me thinking was the dice they have on the back of their hoodies. I initially thought to bust out the D&D game and grab a 16 sided die and throw it on the ice after they win. But they're small and could be missed during clean u,p and do have the possibility to cause injury. So even better, would be those fuzzy car mirror dice (there are red and black ones). Red wings have the octopus, florida has their rats. We don't have anything :( . So maybe we could throw some fuzzy dice after each playoff win. Opinions?

How about we just cheer,clap and root....At the 95 finals,one of our fan throw out some jersey corn...dumb then...and now!!!

Side bar: What are the theories of the dice? Does everyone agree it was martys comments about rolling dice and the 16 are for the 16 wins?

I definitely don't think the fans should include themselves in a team joke because it takes away the comradery formed by it. I also don't think that we necessarily need to have something to throw on the ice. Maybe we should be creative and come up with our own tradition instead of copying other teams. I'm pretty sure if we had a tradition and another fan base started copying it people here would be complaining about how its "ours" or "they should get their own/be original", etc. That being said, it would be funny if Ducks fans threw rubber ducks on the ice haha. I can't think of anything Devils fans could throw and NOT hurt someone.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a Swarm it up chant or even making swarm it up signs. The players can choose to keep the meaning private but the phrase as been made public and it is perfectly ok for the fans to have fun with it. I'm sure the players aren't so pretentious that they would be offended by us using the term.

Edited by ben00rs

Someone on twitter suggested mouse traps. LOL! Be a fun idea to combat their rats. Might not be good to throw hard objects though lol!

After witnessing the barrage of rats first hand today, it got me to thinking... Why the hell do they even throw rats? Looked it up on wikipedia. Turns out in Game 1 of the SCF versus Colorado Avalanche fans threw rat traps on the ice, haha