GDT: Tampa Bay @ New Jersey - 03/29/2012

NJCroMag

From Gulitti:

http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/fireice/comments/devils_will_have_to_wait_to_clinch_after_watching_capitals_pull_out_shootout_win_over_bruins/

It appeared Roloson had been pulled after Marek Zidlicky’s power-play goal that put the Devils up 4-3 with 5:23 left in the second period. Backup Sebastien Caron came off the Lightning bench and skated to the crease and Roloson headed to the bench as if his night was over.

Lightning coach Guy Boucher said he was actually signaling to Teddy Purcell to go on the ice after Zidlicky’s goal and Caron misunderstood the gesture as telling him to go into the game.

DeBoer said the referee, “said they had a miscommunication on their bench, so I don’t know what that means.”

What a game that was last night. What was the word Chico kept saying when he pointed out the two scoring droughts (Zubie and Clarkson) and they ended up scoring? That was awesome. "Harikaru"?

Four lines playing well, now we have some confidence going towards the playoffs.

What a game that was last night. What was the word Chico kept saying when he pointed out the two scoring droughts (Zubie and Clarkson) and they ended up scoring? That was awesome. "Harikaru"?

Four lines playing well, now we have some confidence going towards the playoffs.

It's going to take more than one game, but last night was a good starting point. Always feels good to see a 6-pack on the scoreboard, no matter what the circumstances, provided you give up 5 or less on your end.

The Devils really can't win around here some nights.

They beat a team they're supposed to, and take advantage of said team's weaknesses, and it's "Well, it's only the Lightning."

If they had lost, then it's "The Devils can't afford to lose a game like this, they have to beat the teams lower that them in the standings, blah blah blah"

Anyway, I was hoping for 20 points in a tough month, and the Devils reached that number with a game to spare. There's reasons for concern, but that all depends on how far one thinks this team is capable of going come playoff time. If they beat Florida, I'll really feel like they're playing with house money from the second round on.

I agree completely. If you told me that the Devils would make the playoffs and win a round before the season began, I'd would have taken it and been content based upon the results last season.