Fraser to Miss 4-6 weeks

AaronInPK

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's actually really funny that a few months into the season last year when we had all our injuries and such everyone was acting like the world was falling, and that the hockey gods were smiting us.

Meanwhile, this year, the hockey gods are smiling on us, happy day!

this is not good for the devils long-term. you guys sound like if you took out a loan from a bank for $10,000, you'd be like 'sweet! a free $10,000!'

if it gets the NHLPA off our backsides for a few weeks, I'm okay with it. Plus, we now have more time to allow for other teams to be injury bitten and thus, creating trading partners through attrition.

this is not good for the devils long-term. you guys sound like if you took out a loan from a bank for $10,000, you'd be like 'sweet! a free $10,000!'

funny but answered below

if it gets the NHLPA off our backsides for a few weeks, I'm okay with it. Plus, we now have more time to allow for other teams to be injury bitten and thus, creating trading partners through attrition.

just to expand on this, it makes decisions easier when salvador is ready to come off LTIR. you're right that it does nothing to help the devils gain cap space for a trade later in the season as they're not banking any cap savings.

in the end, it was going to come down to clarkson/zubrus getting dealt or waived (only in zubrus' case). its likely still going to come down to that but there's now a good 6 weeks to see what else happens and who might open up as a trade partner.

i am talking specifically about the fraser injury, which clears up no space and doesn't help us at all. this injury is not good for new jersey. i'm aware that the rolston/salvador injuries could get lou out of a jam.

The Fraser injury is good because it lasts for the same time frame as Rolston's injury. Fraser is more important when Rolston is healthy because of his minimum contract.

i am talking specifically about the fraser injury, which clears up no space and doesn't help us at all. this injury is not good for new jersey. i'm aware that the rolston/salvador injuries could get lou out of a jam.

First of all, most people in here are just having a laugh - I don't think anyone really thinks we're in any better situation now or anything. But what is bad about it? It's not like Fraser is an absolutely essential part of the team at this point in time.

Losing Fraser the Devils lose their toughness and snarl about him that he takes no sh!t and fights for his team. In return I think we get a way better defenseman in Corrente.

Corrente will do well. I hope he stays with the team now and grows into a great defenseman. He has the tools and skills to be a great defenseman. He has to play hard for 60 minutes a game and his talent will show.

Losing Fraser the Devils lose their toughness and snarl about him that he takes no sh!t and fights for his team. In return I think we get a way better defenseman in Corrente.

Corrente will do well. I hope he stays with the team now and grows into a great defenseman. He has the tools and skills to be a great defenseman. He has to play hard for 60 minutes a game and his talent will show.

Corrente is a waaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better fighter than Fraser. Not to mention he skate's better and even farts better than Fraser. Unless Fraser sells his soul to the Devil, he probably loses his job as well as Leela.

I'm kinda looking at this from the other side of the pillow here. we've lost salvardor, fraser, rolston,volch(forabit), salmella.We are replacing them with rookies... fo 4-6 weeks at least.

i'd rather a rookie than Fraser, and from what it seemed, a lot of people disliked Salmella let alone Rolston.

And Salvador is a 3rd pairing D man when Volchenkov is healthy. Volchenkov/Greene/White/Tallinder are all higher than him at the present, with Tarmina proving he can be up there too.

We are starting to get stacked at D, with Urbom and Corrente also.

Number 1 D in the NHL? No, but far from crap, especially once the chemistry kicks in, which we saw last night against the Sabres, is slowly gelling together.

Fraser has played very well since the first game of the year. I'm sure everyone will find a new goat in the next 4-6 weeks...

Well duh, there's always someone on the team that's to blame. Wonder who it'll be now! It's like a game on this forum sometimes :noclue:

...probably one of the young'ns.