All trade deadline talks & rumours

SterioDesign

so i heard a few rumbles, theres a lot going on...

per WiebeSunSports

“@buzrbe: Heard the Flames are now about to trade Jay Bouwmeester, but first they have to get him to waive his 'no-playoffs clause' - hey-o

per Todd Cordell

Jay Feaster during last night's press conference when asked about trade deadline: "I think we're going to be busy" #Flames

also...

Just reported it on the NHL-on-TSN. Bouwmeester could be heading to DET for prospects and picks.

@JasonPHT: According to @RealKyper during Nucks-BJs intermission, Ryan Miller's "days are numbered in Buffalo." Just passing it along...

so i heard a few rumbles, theres a lot going on...

per WiebeSunSports

“@buzrbe: Heard the Flames are now about to trade Jay Bouwmeester, but first they have to get him to waive his 'no-playoffs clause' - hey-o

per Todd Cordell

Jay Feaster during last night's press conference when asked about trade deadline: "I think we're going to be busy" #Flames

also...

Just reported it on the NHL-on-TSN. Bouwmeester could be heading to DET for prospects and picks.

@JasonPHT: According to @RealKyper during Nucks-BJs intermission, Ryan Miller's "days are numbered in Buffalo." Just passing it along...

How hilarious would it be if Calgary finally blew it up this year now that no one wants the crap that they have? Bouwmeester's stock isn't what it was a few years ago, obviously neither was Iginla's. I'd take Glencross though or Hudler. Then again, I don't see a lot of Flames games, so I have no idea what their players really look like.

How hilarious would it be if Calgary finally blew it up this year now that no one wants the crap that they have? Bouwmeester's stock isn't what it was a few years ago, obviously neither was Iginla's. I'd take Glencross though or Hudler. Then again, I don't see a lot of Flames games, so I have no idea what their players really look like.

they obviously waited way too long to make their moves, plus now they still have to keep good vets to surround the young guys they'd get... its a real mess in Calgary, i wouldnt want to be a fan right now.

There would be a lot of moving parts, but, just for fun's sake, some kind of trade of Miller to Calgary might make a sense.  Calgary would have to work out some kind of extension with Miller ahead of time (if that's allowed).  Perhaps Calgary sends Bouwmeester and one of its better prospects to Buffalo.  No trade clauses will have to be waived, which makes things more difficult.

Otherwise, Miller to Tampa makes sense too.

Just passing this along, I saw this on thefourthperiod.com, not sure how reliable they are but they say we have shown interest in Keith Yandle, Jon Bernier, and Derek Roy http://www.thefourthperiod.com/trade_deadline/top25/index.html

I think the fourth period is more speculation. I don't think they have great sources. They are right though about 30-40% of the time when it comes to the teams interested during trade deadline and UFA. What's interesting is that I saw that maybe 5 days ago and they didnt have the devils showing interest in Roy or yandle. So maybe they heard something since then?

Face off-ace Boyd Gordon from the Coyotes who can help our PK and face offs.

Glen cross for his rugged physical style while adds some scoring for us.

Eric Belanger of Edmonton can provide some leadership, PK, and face offs.

As for D, the team has abundance of 4-7 defenseman but lacking top 2 skills. So, Bouwmeester certainly helps and so does Ryan Whitney of the Oilers. Keith Yandle might be too costly. Robin Regehr could be a nice addition too.

Face off-ace Boyd Gordon from the Coyotes who can help our PK and face offs.

Glen cross for his rugged physical style while adds some scoring for us.

Eric Belanger of Edmonton can provide some leadership, PK, and face offs.

As for D, the team has abundance of 4-7 defenseman but lacking top 2 skills. So, Bouwmeester certainly helps and so does Ryan Whitney of the Oilers. Keith Yandle might be too costly. Robin Regehr could be a nice addition too.

Lou won't do any of this. Robyn Regehr is like 100. We don't need another old defenseman.

Edited by CarpathianForest

Why on earth would we give up any real assets for a guy who'd be a backup here, when other teams may well be offering a lot for him as their 'starter'?  We'd have to pay starter premium to get a guy who'd ideally play a handful of times the rest of the year (and what do you do with Hedberg then, it'd be pretty bad form in Lou's mind to deal off a guy who just signed a two-year deal specifically to relocate his family).

Whitney has also only played 100 games in the past 3 seasons. I would avoid him as well.

Whitney's also absolutely terrible. And you don't just make trades because another team did, especially when Pittsburgh didn't really improve that much. Murray stinks, Morrow's a third liner (why didn't the Rags react when we got Poni????) and even if Iginla's a shell of what he was, there still aren't exactly a ton of players out there to get for nothing like they did. 

haha damn, check out what Tanguay said about the trade:

I've been here three years and we haven't been in the playoffs. The position we're in now, no one would call it ideal. [The trade] was forced by the situation. If we're standing in fourth [place], I don't think we'd be unloading a player of his abilities. Obviously, it's caused by the team."  

ZINNGGGGGG  :ECW:

We just don't have the picks and Lou is going to be tight-fisted with the assets. What we have that we could actually deal no one wants.

Fayne is a movable asset for a player like Jagr. Urbom and Gelinas could also fetch something pretty good from a team that isn't currently contending. Lou has built a nice reputation with respect to spotting young talent that a lot of GMs seem to buy into.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Fayne is a movable asset for a player like Jagr. Urbom and Gelinas could also fetch something pretty good from a team that isn't currently contending. Lou has built a nice reputation with respect to spotting young talent that a lot of GMs seem to buy into. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't see Lou making moves with these guys. He's like hoarding D Men. I don't know if I'd be excited with him moving Fayne.

Fayne is a movable asset for a player like Jagr. Urbom and Gelinas could also fetch something pretty good from a team that isn't currently contending. Lou has built a nice reputation with respect to spotting young talent that a lot of GMs seem to buy into. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I don't see Lou making moves with these guys. He's like hoarding D Men. I don't know if I'd be excited with him moving Fayne.

I mention Fayne only because he's the odd man out, at least for the time being.

Depending on how comfortable I was that at least two of our prospects are second pairing or better defensemen, I would pull the trigger on Fayne for Jagr.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The goalie situation is interesting and I wonder when or if Lou will make a move. I reckon Marty could keep going another season if he wanted to but would it not be worth investing sooner rather than later in an experienced and effective goalie to play backup next season? As well as being able to be a long term starter? Whether this comes before the deadline or in the off-season, it would be worth looking at who could step into the boots now wouldn't it?

I'd expect Lou to look hard at Bouwmeester.  I think he tried to make a move for a core younger (under 32) D man and a older goal scoring forward.

This would be enormous folly if Lou were to trade for Bouwmeester. Setting the contract aside (which is not great to begin with), this is just not something the Devils need. There is a logjam on defense as it is with what's on the NHL roster. That doesn't include Urbom, Gelinas and the eventual debut of Merril. Defense is the last thing the Devils should be trading for. It is an absolute point of strength and would be a mistake in asset management to add more. Just like Salvador's contract was a mistake, regardless of his play.